SportsWrath

Woud you trade Mannings with Colts

JackStroud

I'd do it

Maybe the Colts want to groom him. Besides playing in a dome he can fire knuckleball/ducks all day with reasonable accuracy........no wind

On the other hand Peyton wants another ring......he wont get one in Indy..his tight spiral is all weather

No offense Jack, but have you ever really seen Peyton's thrown balls? He throws wobblers every throw, it's a running joke on the Colts that Peyton can't throw a spiral. Thats not me making shit up, I watched something about him and he has said himself he can't throw a spiral.

Not to mention Peyton has a bit of a rep as not being that good in bad weather.... "see Indy vs Pats in Boston in years........

I for one, wouldn't trade at this point for the simple reason Eli has won as much as Peyton, he is familiar with the team and the system, and he knows about Giants stadium in January.

People don't realize, Eli hasn't missed the playoffs since starting for a full season. People gave Tiki the credit early, and now they give the D the credit. Eli has accomplished this being the only real mainstay, and having a couple different O coordinators and QB coaches....and neither OC is/was worth a shit.

I don't see how this topic is any different than the number of 'serious advice desperately needed' threads in GD in terms of stupidity, and no one says anything about those.

I don't think he should get tossed but not because of that comparison. There is nothing stupid about having a discussion about bathroom etiquette.

gimme a break, j. scan down the list- there are plenty of stupid posts. don't be bullied into singling out jack because of some idiots from giants board who can't get over themselves.

its ok I annoyed a lot of people in my postings at GMB, and admittedly I sometimes baited them......the whole kerry collins war was hillarious

i got a big kick out of kerry's i'll show you exit from ernies office.........and when the coach on the field finally leaves it I dont expect a land office rush for anyone to sign him as an actual coach

I think I've changed over the years but who knows

usually they get "annoyed" because you do not post what everyone else posts or you attack their favorite non performing overpaid starter

or heaven forbid you realize giants mangement is riding off in the wrong direction on something

it ok I annoyed a lot of people in my postings at GMB

I think I've changed over the years but who knows

usually they get "annoyed" because you do not post what everyone else posts or you attack their favorite non performing overpaid starter

or heaven forbid you realize giants mangement is riding off in the wrong direction on something

whatever

to all the dummdums who cant get over my "history" Peyton Manning is a sure HOF QB and former and maybe present League MVP

Eli rode a Spaguola led D to one SB victory...........and his best pass of all time was another friggen off target duck

It was miraculouly caught in triple coverage by a guy nailing it to his helmet with super strength and agility

I stopped lauding Pro Bowl appearances when I was 12 years old.........the pro bowl is a farce with no incentive to win it

Eli is a good QB with the ability to improve.....his brother is already as good as it gets

as to the guy who said Peyton also cannot throw a spiral.....who knew? maybe its a genetic issue

to all the dummdums who cant get over my "history" Peyton Manning is a sure HOF QB and former and maybe present League MVP

Eli rode a Spaguola led D to one SB victory...........and his best pass of all time was another friggen off target duck

It was miraculouly caught in triple coverage by a guy nailing it to his helmet with super strength and agility

I stopped lauding Pro Bowl appearances when I was 12 years old.........the pro bowl is a farce with no incentive to win it

Eli is a good QB with the ability to improve.....his brother is already as good as it gets

as to the guy who said Peyton also cannot throw a spiral.....who knew? maybe its a genetic issue

I guess the bullet throw to Steve Smith on the sidelines in which Smith tip toed the siudelines for a first down wasn't a good throw? If that throw is a little off we probably don't win the superbowl - but it wasn't - it was a damn bullet at his chest in a huge point in the game. Bash Eli all you want. Other than Ben he's the best 4th quarter quarterback in the NFL

I guess the bullet throw to Steve Smith on the sidelines in which Smith tip toed the siudelines for a first down wasn't a good throw? If that throw is a little off we probably don't win the superbowl - but it wasn't - it was a damn bullet at his chest in a huge point in the game. Bash Eli all you want. Other than Ben he's the best 4th quarter quarterback in the NFL

Eli is good, very good

Peyton is League MVP material

this might actualy be a good trade for both teams

it will never happen, but Iwould love to see what it lead to if it did

everyone seems to think there is nowhere but up for Eli's Giants......me I'm not sure

I'm concerned that at 11-1 we may have peaked last year

with no burress, and now no spags you just took away 2 huge reasons we won the SB 2yrs ago

once again when a great D co-ordinator saya sayonara our team knee jerks in a quick replacement with no organized

search

on the WR side we are very young and green with no burress, no toomer

It's fun to play imagination, but it will never happen so lets come back to reality now. I'm happy with Eli. I'd be even happier if Plax could escape jail time, and be welcomed back, and also straightens up. Will that happen? Only time can tell

Eli is good, very good

everyone seems to think there is nowhere but up for Eli's Giants......me I'm not sure

with no burress, and now no spags you just took away 2 huge reasons we won the SB 2yrs ago

once again when a great D co-ordinator saya sayonara our team knee jerks in a quick replacement with no organized

search

No organized search huh?. Funny you say that considering the fact the guy they picked has been coaching the same defense in the last 2 years, and considering that any defensive co-ordinator worth it's salt was already picked to be a head coach, apart from Monte Kiffin who went to be with his son. And that Spags was virtually the last coach picked so our options were limited.

Knee Jerks!, give me a fucking break.

I love Peyton, I think he is quite possibly the best qb I have had the pleasure of watching, and thats an impressive list. But for all the hoopla, what has he WON that Eli hasn't? As far as stats, Eli plays in a wind tunnel with a great receiver, and aging but reliable receiver, and young and reliable receiver and an athletic tight end. Peyton plays in a dome with a hof receiver, an awesome receiver and a young reliable receiver and one of the top tier te's in the league.

Trading them now, we get a 32 year old qb unfamiliar with the system and a history of not playing well in weather. Not saying it wouldn't be an upgrade, but it's not a clear cut HUGE improvement.

As for Eli's best throw....you're just being retarded here, Eli has made some money throws in his career, the throw to beat Denver, the throw to Plax to beat the Eagles in OT.....

And this riding the D's coattails shit bothers me. Yes, we had an amazing D in 2007, at least for the playoffs, but we also had an amazing QB, at least in the playoffs. The guy went into Green Bay in January and out played, by far, Brett Favre in a year Favre played pretty damned good. Eli was perfect in those playoffs.

Eli is good, very good

search

Knee jerk? You think Spags leaving came as a surprise?

I don't see how this topic is any different than the number of 'serious advice desperately needed' threads in GD in terms of stupidity, and no one says anything about those. So because those kinds of threads are made mostly by 'people we know', they get a 'pass', and because this one is made by someone people seem not to like, it's ok to gang up on it? The way I see it, we're a small enough community here where we can individually choose not to reply, instead of replying and giving the poster exactly what he intended to achieve.

Not calling for anyone to be banned, at all. But stupid threads is what makes the GD thrive, stupid threads in the Giants section (not saying this is one) makes it an annoyance. I don't think it's fair to compare the reaction to stupidity in the two different sections.

Now this thread poses a fair enough question, although I believe it's just a thinly disguised cover to trash Eli...to each his own. But if/when the truly stupid threads arrive, you can bet people will stop coming to this section, as well as myself, just like when the Fab 4 was here this joint was a ghost town except for them and the 3 people who liked to argue with them. This section has been doing great for a long time now, and it would be a shame for it to go back to the toilet.

Also, I'm not saying this is what Jack plans, I don't even dislike him, I remember him from GMb and he never jumped out as a total dip shit like the Fab 4. I'm just stating my opinion on what seems to be the concerns of more than 1 person,

All great works of literature ...and message boards....need characters and protagonists. Jack is one of those characters.

Also consider this part of your civic duty..if Jack is here..it means he's not beating off on the D Train in front of old ladies.

C. Wagon

hey all i did was pose an intriquing question

the fact anyone would defend eli on this at all speaks for how far hes come

he has a ways to go though

he slid back a bit this past year

hey all i did was pose an intriquing question

the fact anyone would defend eli on this at all speaks for how far hes come

he has a ways to go though

he slid back a bit this past year

Why yes, yes he did.

I mean I guess you slide back when you cut your interceptions in half, throw for your highest completion

percentage since he was drafted you do slide a bit back.

Why yes, yes he did.

I mean I guess you slide back when you cut your interceptions in half, throw for your highest completion

percentage since he was drafted you do slide a bit back.

I would think not leading your team to a Superbowl winning drive every single year is sliding back, don't you? :huh: