SportsWrath

shefter thinks we should pursue 85

Mr. P

Eli Manning, East Rutherford, NJ

11:07 AM ET

Hey Adam, What do you think the Giants are going to do with their receiving situation? Will they bring back Burress? Will they get Boldin? Or by any chance would they get both of them? I really want to know who i am going to throw the ball to come the 2009 season.

Adam_schefter_headshot_sm

Adam Schefter, NFL Network

What a pleasure it is to get a question from Eli Manning! My question for you, Eli? When you signing that $100 million-plus extension this off-season? Please keep me posted on that one! As for your wide receivers, it's a tough one. It's going to take a whopper of an offer to get Boldin out of Arizona and the Giants can't depend on Burress due to his legal situation and the fact the NFL still can suspend him. If I were the Giants, I would try to trade for Chad Johnson, who I think might be able to be pried loose this off-season. Short of that, they're going to have to count on Steve Smith and Mario Manningham taking a major step up next season. Good luck with them, Eli.

dont have a link and not really sure if its worth a thread but whateva

Don't want Boldin (T.O JR.) or Johnson their both head cases and both could destroy the locker room, Eli does not have the mental leadership to handle either guy and both would be Shockey only ten fold yelling at Eli every 3 and out, on the sideline or jesus christ Boldin and Gilbride :LMAO: lets go for Braylon Edwards who will be cheap and just needs a change

Don't want Boldin (T.O JR.) or Johnson their both head cases and both could destroy the locker room, Eli does not have the mental leadership to handle either guy and both would be Shockey only ten fold yelling at Eli every 3 and out, on the sideline or jesus christ Boldin and Gilbride :LMAO: lets go for Braylon Edwards who will be cheap and just needs a change

If you're worried about headcases, then Braylon Edwards is worse than Boldin.

Just because Boldin - a receiver who you could argue outplayed Fitzgerald for most of his career (and this year before his injury) wants out of Arizona - he's a T.O. junior? No I haven't seen him constantly screaming on the sidelines, calling his quarterback gay, calling another quarterback jealous of him and that being the reason why he was traded, getting into fist fights with teammates in the locker room, claiming other teammates are conspiring against him behind his back in their hotel rooms, overdosing on pain killers, holding public workouts while being interviewed in his driveway, being suspended by his own team..... want me to keep going?

isnt housh a FA, why dont the giants look at him?

I'm sure they are... He's good for #2 in my book. I'm hoping Plax avoids Jail and is only lightly suspended by the NFL.. .which means Plax will be our #1 WR followed by whoever we land... of course I'm hoping for Boldin..and it may very well be worth the price.. imagine how fearsome our passing game will be.. couple that with Big Jake mauling defenders... fuggattaboutit

but chad johnsons shenanigans are cheeky and fun, and T.O.'s shenanigans cruel and tragic. Which... makes them not really shenanigans at all.

Agreed. Remember too, he's been in one of the circus franchises of the NFL, so no wonder he's played the clown. Get him into our locker room, with a chance to start over with a clean slate and he just might flourish - and don't forget that he was one of the top receivers in the game not long ago.....and he made Hous successful, btw.

My only question would be, does he still have gas in the tank? If he's still got the jump in his legs, I'd take a gamble on his head.

And Boldin came back only weeks after his face was broken in multiple places. This guy is a gamer. Price might be too high but please don't confuse him with TO.

Braylon is nowhere near Anquan Boldin, i was all for Boldin. I also thought that spat in the nfc title game was just a one time deal but then i've seen this guy in interviews just spewing hatred at everything and everybody, he was unhappy in a pass happy offense (under Haley) having a hall of fame QB throwing him passes, lets bring him here under an incompetent Gilbride who by the way likes to run the ball alot, i don't think Boldin is gonna be happy going from a team that passes it 50 times a game to one that runs 50 times a game, and has Eli who throws errant passes, Eli just does not have the mental physique to have Boldin screaming at him every time a pass doesn't go his way.

I'd take Chad Johnson over T.O. any day of the week and twice on Sunday's.

Johnson is no where NEAR the cancer T.O is and to even compare the two is stupid.

lol, your right. TO has way more talent then Ocho Cinco... My bad for comparing.. :LMAO:

TO is a bigger headache but he shows up on Sunday way more the Chad does. Especially the past 2 years.

lol, your right. TO has way more talent then Ocho Cinco... My bad for comparing.. :LMAO:

TO is a bigger headache but he shows up on Sunday way more the Chad does. Especially the past 2 years.

Johnson is not as big of a head case at Owens.

Oh and by the way, Chad Johnson had a hell of year in 2007, he played like crap this year because

of the instability with the Bengals QB situation and played with a serious shoulder injury.

But yeah, Chad Johnson never shows up.

:blink:

Hey Boo...the kid Salma helped out with the liquid lactose was from Sierra Leone....wish I was like the Dalai Lama and could incarnate myself into a younger body... :wub:

Just because Boldin - a receiver who you could argue outplayed Fitzgerald for most of his career (and this year before his injury) wants out of Arizona - he's a T.O. junior? No I haven't seen him constantly screaming on the sidelines, calling his quarterback gay, calling another quarterback jealous of him and that being the reason why he was traded, getting into fist fights with teammates in the locker room, claiming other teammates are conspiring against him behind his back in their hotel rooms, overdosing on pain killers, holding public workouts while being interviewed in his driveway, being suspended by his own team..... want me to keep going?

Yea thats right - I'm quoting myself - Pay attention fools. If I have to say it a third time I might smack one of you anti-Boldin people.

Yea thats right - I'm quoting myself - Pay attention fools. If I have to say it a third time I might smack one of you anti-Boldin people.

I thought only USPatriot bumped himself :doh:

Just for that I am now an anti-Boldin person.

Keep Boldin out of New York! He is pro-abortion and is a advid follower of the Devil..plus I heard he once stole a kids balloon.

Enough of these shenanigans. The Giants will not sign either Boldin or 85. They will see the shenanigans of these 2 and avoid them like the plague. Players who shenanigate like these 2 won't make it into the classy locker room that is the NY Giants. The Giants will sign some fine rookies, and risk whether they perform shenanigans like a diva WR. Besides, if a rookie shenanigates, they can just be fired because they are new. My name is Rik, and I need a new box of crayons.

Enough of these shenanigans. The Giants will not sign either Boldin or 85. They will see the shenanigans of these 2 and avoid them like the plague. Players who shenanigate like these 2 won't make it into the classy locker room that is the NY Giants. The Giants will sign some fine rookies, and risk whether they perform shenanigans like a diva WR. Besides, if a rookie shenanigates, they can just be fired because they are new. My name is Rik, and I need a new box of crayons.

i like the use of the word shenanigate