SportsWrath

Which position should we draft first for?

Plax 4 Prez

Which position?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Offense

• Wide Reciever
    • Tight End
    • Running Back
    • Offensive Lineman
  2. 2. Defense

• Corner
    • Safety
    • Linebacker
    • Defensive Lineman

Well I see I am in agreement with the majority.

If they use it on offense clearly the need is a WR. But I don't think a worthy WR candidate will be available at our #1 position. That leaves LB. There are no other offensive needs that justify a first round pick. But defensively LB is clearly the biggest need. We have some good CBs in Webster, Ross, and Thomas. Phillips and Johnson are a decent pair of safeties. Tuck, Osi, and Kiwi are all good DEs. Robbins and Cofield are above-average DTs. But Pierce is losing a step, Wilkinson can't stay healthy, and Clark is an aging vet. LB is the clear need of an impact player which you expect a first round pick to be.

Wr or linebacker makes sense but the Giants FO is so unpredictable with this stuff sometimes - I could see them taking a DE or DT or something like that too. I guess I will give them the benefit of the doubt considering they discovered Webster, Tuck, Osi, Jacobs, and Shockey (I remember wanting Asleigh Lellie soo badly that year) - glad im not running the show.

I'd say WR but OL is a very close second on offense. McKenzie is a FA after this year I believe and I just don't trust WRs outta college... I can't remember the last time we drafted a WR and had it work out for us... Amani Toomer, maybe? Ike Hilliard?

I'd LOVE for us to grab a sideline-to-sideline, playmaking LB first... but we've needed that for about the past eight years, and we've never done that either.

I can see us being unpredictable and nabbing a RB, TE, or yes... even someone on the DL with our first pick.

I'd say WR but OL is a very close second on offense. McKenzie is a FA after this year I believe and I just don't trust WRs outta college... I can't remember the last time we drafted a WR and had it work out for us... Amani Toomer, maybe? Ike Hilliard?

I'd LOVE for us to grab a sideline-to-sideline, playmaking LB first... but we've needed that for about the past eight years, and we've never done that either.

I can see us being unpredictable and nabbing a RB, TE, or yes... even someone on the DL with our first pick.

:rolleyes:

Please, Ike was one of the biggest bust in Giants history.

I don't want Plax back.

I'd like to see us trade some of our picks for an elite WR that would like to be a Giant.

or trade our 1st and 3rd or 1st and 2nd if we have to to get a high 1st round pick and pick a superstar WR.

I don't know if I'd say he's the biggest bust. Thomas Lewis was really bad, and Derek Brown really sucked. Also, Jeremy Shockey turned out to be a really big bust for us. Out of everyone, I'd probably say Shockey was our biggest bust.

Ike wasn't great but not terrible, the thing about Ike is we were set in stone i mean we had jerseys with his name on it, he was no doubt going to be a New York Giant and that player was Rae Carruth, at the last minute George Young went somethings wrong with this guy lets take a different reciever and that guy was Ike Hilliard

Ike wasn't great but not terrible, the thing about Ike is we were set in stone i mean we had jerseys with his name on it, he was no doubt going to be a New York Giant and that player was Rae Carruth, at the last minute George Young went somethings wrong with this guy lets take a different reciever and that guy was Ike Hilliard

How do you know this?

I don't know why everyone is so down on Ike. Ike wasn't great but he was solid for us for a few years. I guess he gets alot of heat because he was either a first or second round pick (I get him and Toomer mixed up in the order). But he certainly was not the biggest bust ever. Just take a look at William Joseph, Ron Dayne, Dave Brown, etc.

I don't know if I'd say he's the biggest bust. Thomas Lewis was really bad, and Derek Brown really sucked. Also, Jeremy Shockey turned out to be a really big bust for us. Out of everyone, I'd probably say Shockey was our biggest bust.

You're right, the 4 time pro-bowler was the biggst bust of them all.

So he took the guy who was considered a late 2nd rounder, early third, 7th overall instead? :confused:

How do you know this?

Was listening to sports radio the day before the draft and yeah i know sometimes (or all the time) GM's lie especially around draft time, but George Young said no doubt that Rae Carruth was gonna be the pick, Carruth coming out of Colorado was supposed to be the next Jerry Rice, but has the draft got closer Carruths background was in question and he dropped from a top ten pick all the way down to the end of the 1st.

I don't want Plax back.

I'd like to see us trade some of our picks for an elite WR that would like to be a Giant.

or trade our 1st and 3rd or 1st and 2nd if we have to to get a high 1st round pick and pick a superstar WR.

So would you like Kenny Brit as a 1st rounder because of his height and ability, or move up and get Crabtree?