SportsWrath

Mock Drafts

Allstarjim

Here's what Yahoo mock draft predict our first pick... at first i was going nutz thinking they are a bunch of clowns. After some consideration. knowing Reese won't over pay for both Jacob or Ward.. i know we need a WR. but crabtree ain't there..... and picking a WR on FA would improve our team faster..

29. New York Giants: Knowshon Moreno, RB, Georgia

Make no mistake, Moreno is one of the draft’s top 20 prospects. But there simply aren’t many teams in need of a running back in the first round. With New York running backs Brandon Jacobs and Derrick Ward scheduled for free agency, a value like Moreno is simply too good to pass up. Moreno is a natural runner with good patience and vision through the hole. He displays the ability to make men miss and will be a nice fit for the Giants’ rushing attack.

Here's what Yahoo mock draft predict our first pick... at first i was going nutz thinking they are a bunch of clowns. After some consideration. knowing Reese won't over pay for both Jacob or Ward.. i know we need a WR. but crabtree ain't there..... and picking a WR on FA would improve our team faster..

29. New York Giants: Knowshon Moreno, RB, Georgia

Make no mistake, Moreno is one of the draft’s top 20 prospects. But there simply aren’t many teams in need of a running back in the first round. With New York running backs Brandon Jacobs and Derrick Ward scheduled for free agency, a value like Moreno is simply too good to pass up. Moreno is a natural runner with good patience and vision through the hole. He displays the ability to make men miss and will be a nice fit for the Giants’ rushing attack.

Hmm, that's interesting. It would be a bit of a homecoming for Moreno. He played for Middletown South. Personally, I hope that doesn't happen. Jacobs is one of the most unique players in the league and is arguably the most important part of the Giants identity on offense. I hope a reasonable agreement for both sides can be hammered out. I don't watch much college football so I'm going to have to educate myself on the talent coming out but I would like to see a linebacker with the first pick if a quality player is available.

Wait a minute....this just dawned on me. Why are we picking AFTER the Eagles who beat us in the playoffs?

The only two teams that do not get seated based on record are the two teams in teh Superbowl, everyone else gets seated according to record, so even though we lost to the egirls we still draft lower than they do.

Yeah, I think the only way we draft Moreno is if we let Jacobs and Ward both leave. I can't see that happening. They must come to a deal with Jacobs. If they don't, and I know the Giants don't do this as a rule, but I think they should just franchise him.

Yeah, I think the only way we draft Moreno is if we let Jacobs and Ward both leave. I can't see that happening. They must come to a deal with Jacobs. If they don't, and I know the Giants don't do this as a rule, but I think they should just franchise him.

So we pay him the average of the top 5 running backs for one year. Anyone know what that number would be? I'm not crazy about the huge cap hit for the year but that's better than giving him the SEVEN years he wants - for $45M. The salary amount isn't the killer there - although it's a little high for someone who will never play 16+ games - it's way too many years. Offer the same salary over four years - $26M for four - and we have a deal. If he won't back off the years or he won't accept games played clauses, let him walk and sign Ward for much more reasonable terms. Otherwise, you're almost guaranteed a few years of dead cap money.

So we pay him the average of the top 5 running backs for one year. Anyone know what that number would be? I'm not crazy about the huge cap hit for the year but that's better than giving him the SEVEN years he wants - for $45M. The salary amount isn't the killer there - although it's a little high for someone who will never play 16+ games - it's way too many years. Offer the same salary over four years - $26M for four - and we have a deal. If he won't back off the years or he won't accept games played clauses, let him walk and sign Ward for much more reasonable terms. Otherwise, you're almost guaranteed a few years of dead cap money.

Well, Gman, I like the way you think, but I think Ward is going to want big bucks, too, and we can easily draft a replacement for him. I think it's time we gave Bradshaw a bigger role in the offense. I think we also need to be very careful about letting Jacobs walk, because he is so critical to our offense. He made the Ravens vaunted defense look silly trying to tackle him. I think he's more of a critical piece so I would be very careful about letting him get away. Obviously, if his demands are too unreasonable he may leave us with no choice... but in that case I think we need to franchise him because this team is poised for another championship run with the team they have right now.

I have been saying this since last year. Bradshaw is the best running back on this team. They are not going to draft a running back in the first round or second. They will bring back Jacobs and these two will be the best running tandem in the league. Ward is a goner but I am okay with that. He is replaceable.

Well, Gman, I like the way you think, but I think Ward is going to want big bucks, too, and we can easily draft a replacement for him. I think it's time we gave Bradshaw a bigger role in the offense. I think we also need to be very careful about letting Jacobs walk, because he is so critical to our offense. He made the Ravens vaunted defense look silly trying to tackle him. I think he's more of a critical piece so I would be very careful about letting him get away. Obviously, if his demands are too unreasonable he may leave us with no choice... but in that case I think we need to franchise him because this team is poised for another championship run with the team they have right now.

If you believe Jacobs is the only way our offense is effective, the Franchise tag makes sense for a short term arrangement....but I'm not sure Ward isn't just as good and could be had more cheaply. Didn't say cheap, said more cheaply. Bet you could get him for 4 years/$22M...and he makes more yards on his own when blocking breaks down. Yes, Jacobs is more of a battering ram but Ward is 230+ himself - and he's got much more of a wiggle and ability to make people miss.

There's more than one way to get it done and I wouldn't mind a Ward/Bradshaw tandem, if Jacobs wants to break the bank.

If you believe Jacobs is the only way our offense is effective, the Franchise tag makes sense for a short term arrangement....but I'm not sure Ward isn't just as good and could be had more cheaply. Didn't say cheap, said more cheaply. Bet you could get him for 4 years/$22M...and he makes more yards on his own when blocking breaks down. Yes, Jacobs is more of a battering ram but Ward is 230+ himself - and he's got much more of a wiggle and ability to make people miss.

There's more than one way to get it done and I wouldn't mind a Ward/Bradshaw tandem, if Jacobs wants to break the bank.

I understand not wanting to overpay for Jacobs. I have a feeling though that the defensive coordinators in the division and the players themselves have more headaches gameplanning for Jacobs than they would Ward if he were the primary back. This isn't a knock on Ward. He is a solid back and does everything very well. However, we saw what happened when Jacobs missed time this year. In Arizona, Ward was underwhelming, with 20 carries for 69 yards. The second half of the Eagles game at Giants Stadium and the following week against Dallas the offense was completely stagnant, unable to pass or run the football with any effectiveness. When Jacobs returned against Carolina he carried the ball 24 times, and Ward chipped in with a career day of 215 yards. I feel that Bradshaw has a better chance of replacing Ward than Ward would replacing Jacobs. In the end it will be about the money so we will see what happens.

I understand not wanting to overpay for Jacobs. I have a feeling though that the defensive coordinators in the division and the players themselves have more headaches gameplanning for Jacobs than they would Ward if he were the primary back. This isn't a knock on Ward. He is a solid back and does everything very well. However, we saw what happened when Jacobs missed time this year. In Arizona, Ward was underwhelming, with 20 carries for 69 yards. The second half of the Eagles game at Giants Stadium and the following week against Dallas the offense was completely stagnant, unable to pass or run the football with any effectiveness. When Jacobs returned against Carolina he carried the ball 24 times, and Ward chipped in with a career day of 215 yards. I feel that Bradshaw has a better chance of replacing Ward than Ward would replacing Jacobs. In the end it will be about the money so we will see what happens.

I agree with your assessment 100%.

I also agree with your assessment. It does seem that the only way to stop Jacobs for gashing 5 yards per is to load the box with at least 8 defenders. And then Eli can easily find open receivers. He makes the Giants offense pretty unstoppable, even with Gilbride calling plays!

He has us taking James Laurinaitis at 29 with the Titans taking Johnson at 30...I dont really expect either of them to be there for us.

Thanks, I actually saw that on ESPN when they aired him giving his first round mock but I forgot. Does he provide a 2nd round mock?

nfldraftcountdown.com did their second round recently and they have us taking Britt with our NO pick.

Wow, for some reason I don't think he will last until #45 overall. I hope they get him, because there are not a lot of receivers of his size and accomplishment in this draft. I think he will pan out much better in the NFL than Maclin and Harvin who I believe are both projected to go ahead of him.

Wow, for some reason I don't think he will last until #45 overall. I hope they get him, because there are not a lot of receivers of his size and accomplishment in this draft. I think he will pan out much better in the NFL than Maclin and Harvin who I believe are both projected to go ahead of him.

The only reason I read the Mock Drafts is to see who we're not going to get. When was the last time the Giants got anyone who was on these mock drafts anyway...

Im pretty much just like Dirty Harry....I especially hate spics

Soon to be dead Latino Partner asking Dirty Harry how he feels about Latinos after being described as hating everyone:

"How do you feel about Chicanos?"

Dirty Harry:

......."Especially spics" :LMAO:

Most mocks I have read have us going after an OLB, either Cushing (who would be a steal) or English.

Keep in mind, we will find out in about two weeks if we get NO's first of second round pick.

I think either way the first two pick are at OLB & WR.

As far as mocks, quite a few had us picking KP last year and that transpired.

Most mocks I have read have us going after an OLB, either Cushing (who would be a steal) or English.

Keep in mind, we will find out in about two weeks if we get NO's first of second round pick.

I think either way the first two pick are at OLB & WR.

As far as mocks, quite a few had us picking KP last year and that transpired.

How does this work?