SportsWrath

My New Mock

KiLLaKyLe

I guess I should temper my sarcasm. I'm aiming too high.

As for your scenario, no ... not if you don't have a position. Look at guys like Eric Crouch and Tommy Frazier, two guys who were better college players than Robinson (I think they each wont he Heisman), and neither of them amounted to anything in the pros.

But they did have an upside... they just never worked out.

And espcially since we signed Harris, we aren't going to be drafting a QB, maybe sign a vet though.

But they did have an upside... they just never worked out.

And espcially since we signed Harris, we aren't going to be drafting a QB, maybe sign a vet though.

I love how people get so obsessed with this concept of "upside." Judging by the way it's thrown around, you would think it could apply to every draft-eligible player.

Robinson is terrific athletic for the QB position. Mediocre athlete for WR, RB, and DB. Factor in that we don't know if he can catch, run routes, pass block, or tackles, and its safe to conclude that we simply don't know if he has the talent to succeed at any position in the NFL. So how exactly does he have upside? Because he's kinda big, kinda fast, and made plays from a position that he won't play in the pros? Please.

The reason that people want him is because they feel he is just gonna be another Randle El. The difference being that El has the speed, quickness and explosiveness to be a valuable reciever in the NFL. Robinson would be an average AT BEST athlete at WR and would likely not amount to much....not to mention he is demanding he play QB

Edited by shockjock

Hey, we beat PSU. In the words of the Swam, I know cuz I was there. But Robinson, like any QB with operational legs, gave us problems.

He has great AA for a QB, but his AA is average at best at any other position. Plus, he's insisting on playing QB in the NFL.

That was the game Carr bitched about the 2 seconds PSU ended up losing by... :TD:

(that was that game right? my memory is a bit vague)

I posted this in the sleepers thread but after reading this thread maybe it would be better if placed here.

Brief thoughts on Robinson.

Robinson tried reciever for teams at the senior bowl and he wasnt impressing anyone. Penn State had their pro day about 5 or 6 days ago. According to Robinson he did well and his agent said there was quite a few teams interested in him as a QB but the feelings around the NFL are mixed. He also heard Robinson could go as early as the second round, but take that for what its worth.

IMO, I do not think Robinson will succeed at WR, RB, or S in the NFL. I honestly think his best shot is QB. Remember Robinson only has one year of being a full time QB under his belt. This guy needs time to develop into an NFL calibur QB. Just look at his weaknesses. He has poor accuracy, he lacks pocket pressence, he struggles to read defenses, poor decision making... they are all results from very limited experince at QB. The team that drafts him as a QB and trys to develop Robinson is going to really be rewarded with a great player. Robinson has better intangables then most of the QBs in this draft, very few are better.

Ya know I hate to comment on any Penn State player because obviously Im a bit bias and I'll be the first to admit that. But I strongly feel Robinson with time coould develop into an extremly dangerous and well rounded QB. I would draft him as high as the 4th round as a QB. Call me crazy but if you look at other qbs that have been drafted in the 4th in recent years as well as the talent at the QB position this year you wouldnt think it was so crazy. While Robinson developed as a QB he could be a bit of a special weapon, much like a Randle el or a Senaca Wallace. I realize a lot of people will disagree on this subject but I do stand by every word I said.

I love how people get so obsessed with this concept of "upside." Judging by the way it's thrown around, you would think it could apply to every draft-eligible player.

Robinson is terrific athletic for the QB position. Mediocre athlete for WR, RB, and DB. Factor in that we don't know if he can catch, run routes, pass block, or tackles, and its safe to conclude that we simply don't know if he has the talent to succeed at any position in the NFL. So how exactly does he have upside? Because he's kinda big, kinda fast, and made plays from a position that he won't play in the pros? Please.

For a seventh round pick when you do have those attributes, it is considered that you have relative upside. Obviously, the concept is overrused but in this scenario when we are talking about it for 7th rounders, it applies for Robinson.

The reason that people want him is because they feel he is just gonna be another Randle El. The difference being that El has the speed, quickness and explosiveness to be a valuable reciever in the NFL. Robinson would be an average AT BEST athlete at WR and would likely not amount to much....not to mention he is demanding he play QB

Randel El also returned punts.

For a seventh round pick when you do have those attributes, it is considered that you have relative upside. Obviously, the concept is overrused but in this scenario when we are talking about it for 7th rounders, it applies for Robinson.

A lot of guys with better football ability than Robinson will be available in the 7th.

Seriously is "kinda big, kinda" fast the requirement for having "upside" these days? Good god, I was the MVP of my Intramural Football League, I guess I have upside too. <_<

gateb, I'm still waiting to know at what position does this gentleman have upside? I'm dying to know.

A lot of guys with better football ability than Robinson will be available in the 7th.

Seriously is "kinda big, kinda" fast the requirement for having "upside" these days? Good god, I was the MVP of my Intramural Football League, I guess I have upside too. <_<

gateb, I'm still waiting to know at what position does this gentleman have upside? I'm dying to know.

RELATIVE upside, at WR. He's got size and speed which is an upside compared to some people who may be available in the 7th round.

I'm not a big time Robinson fan, never saw him play as a a matter of fact. And if there is someone better than him in the 7th round, take him. I'm not on the Robinson bandwagon, just to straighten this out.

RELATIVE upside, at WR. He's got size and speed which is an upside compared to some people who may be available in the 7th round.

I'm not a big time Robinson fan, never saw him play as a a matter of fact. And if there is someone better than him in the 7th round, take him. I'm not on the Robinson bandwagon, just to straighten this out.

If you've never seen him play, why are you here defending his upside, relative or otherwise?

If you've never seen him play, why are you here defending his upside, relative or otherwise?

Because looking at his forty time which was 4.56, late round worthy, and his height which was 6'2, he sort of reminds me of Hines Ward coming out of college, who was a couple inches shorter and ran a 4.47 40 time. Not saying that this is a true comparison and Robinson will catch 100 passes with the team he gets drafted by but there are remote similarities...

Because looking at his forty time which was 4.56, late round worthy, and his height which was 6'2, he sort of reminds me of Hines Ward coming out of college, who was a couple inches shorter and ran a 4.47 40 time. Not saying that this is a true comparison and Robinson will catch 100 passes with the team he gets drafted by but there are remote similarities...

Ok, to recap: you have never seen Robinson play, but you are putting him in the same sentence as Hines Ward?! Holy shit, dude ... you are in outer space on this one. How can someone who you have never seen "remind" you of another player who you definitely did not see in college?! I mean, how old were you when Hines Ward enetered the league? 6?

They have a similar 40-time, sure. By that standard, there are anywhere from 40 to 50 draft eligible receivers who would "remind" you of Hines Ward. Why aren't you waxing poetic about them?

This is a new low.