SportsWrath

Pettitte signed

MakeMeSomeFoodHo

the rotation is now set....CC, Wang, Burnett, Joba, Pettite with Aceves, Brackman, Hughes, Kennedy and Mitre for depth. Id to see if they could sign a vetern for depth as the guys I mention would be on innings limitations...but Im not sure who is available...Im talking a minor league deal

nice job talking him down to 6 mil--he wasn't even worth the 10 they originally offered

it was a huge deal to sign him...with the innings limit on Joba and the injury history of AJ, the yankees just got a guy who will give them 180-220 ip...its just what they needed and at a great price. Keep in mind Pettite will pitching in the 5th slot, so he should win a lot of games going up against other teams 5th starters. I have a feeling Hughes is going to have a big and successful contribution to the big club this season.

nice job talking him down to 6 mil--he wasn't even worth the 10 they originally offered

If you talking about last year, some guys just can't get it up to play for next year's salary. I suspect he's one of them, like the choke he had in the 2004 play offs against the Sox when he could always handle big games before.

If you talking about last year, some guys just can't get it up to play for next year's salary. I suspect he's one of them, like the choke he had in the 2004 play offs against the Sox when he could always handle big games before.

In Andy's defense, there was nothing he could have done about the 2004 playoff choke...he was on the Astros

he just isn't what he used to be. that's not to say he doesn't have value--but i wouldnt' place that value at 10 mil. and i wouldn't have placed his value at 16 mil prior to last season

In Andy's defense, there was nothing he could have done about the 2004 playoff choke...he was on the Astros

Okay, 2003. You can sue me.

i wouldn't have placed his value at 16 mil prior to last season

I agree, but Moose was getting that, and they did pay Clemon's sorry ass 28 mil for half a season.

Okay, 2003. You can sue me.

I agree, but Moose was getting that, and they did pay Clemon's sorry ass 28 mil for half a season.

it was prorated so he only made like 15 or 16 but i know what you mean.

i knwo most won't agree w/ me but the moose signing was a failure. he didn't have one season in pinstripes that matched the years he had in baltimore that warranted a 88 mil deal

Ditto, the yankees went to the world series in 2003.

And he choked, right? And it was Torre who blew the 2004 playoffs.

Give me a break, man! Sometimes I gotta ask my wife what I had for lunch. I was never good with dates to begin with.

Give me a break, man! Sometimes I gotta ask my wife what I had for lunch. I was never good with dates to begin with.

:LMAO: you're the man ditto.

everyone blew the 2004 ALCS. the hitting, the pitching, the bullpen, torre--they all sucked

it was prorated so he only made like 15 or 16 but i know what you mean.

i knwo most won't agree w/ me but the moose signing was a failure. he didn't have one season in pinstripes that matched the years he had in baltimore that warranted a 88 mil deal

Well, last year when he finally realized he could get by without his fastball.

I wouldnt call it a choke, he only gave up 2 runs. Beckett was a really good pitcher then, the yankees own him now.

Im not nit picking, I just didnt know what you were talkign about. Dont take it the wrong way.

:LMAO: you're the man ditto.

everyone blew the 2004 ALCS. the hitting, the pitching, the bullpen, torre--they all sucked

Yeah, but it was mostly Torre pitching somebody out of turn to try to seal it early. I think it was Moose, but I'm not sure.

Yeah, but it was mostly Torre pitching somebody out of turn to try to seal it early. I think it was Moose, but I'm not sure.

it was the bullpen and the bullshit dimensions of Trashway Park that blew 2 games in Boston...Ton yht Tiger would have cleared the bases with that ground rule double he it that would have given the yankees a 2 run lead

it was the bullpen and the bullshit dimensions of Trashway Park that blew 2 games in Boston...Ton yht Tiger would have cleared the bases with that ground rule double he it that would have given the yankees a 2 run lead

I've seen lots of blame tossed around for the biggest choke in sports history, but this is the first time I've seen the dimensions of Fenway as a reason. I'm just gonna assume you're being satirical.

I've seen lots of blame tossed around for the biggest choke in sports history, but this is the first time I've seen the dimensions of Fenway as a reason. I'm just gonna assume you're being satirical.

yes and no..in any other ball park, that ball that Tony Clark hit does not bounce into the stands and the yankees score 2 runs.