SportsWrath

Here is some crazy talk

Lughead

What if we cut Pierce then sign him to be the LB coach

I know not good players make good coaches but the way he he commands the players on the field and is always studying tape...save the one foolish night in NYC.

there may be others out there to fill this roll sure but the players all respect him and do what he say's when they are on the field .... he "moved" Terrell Thomas to a different spot and Thomas as a result got his first NFL INT. No time outs left 10 guys on the field bump the center to draw a 5 yarder ......still 3rd down.

Well am I crazy or does he garner an interview?

I know not good players make good coaches but the way he he commands the players on the field and is always studying tape...save the one foolish night in NYC.

there may be others out there to fill this roll sure but the players all respect him and do what he say's when they are on the field .... he "moved" Terrell Thomas to a different spot and Thomas as a result got his first NFL INT. No time outs left 10 guys on the field bump the center to draw a 5 yarder ......still 3rd down.

Your crazy....

1. He has said in interviews he wants to play atleast 3 more years at minumum

2. He can still play

3. Some people think he can't play because apparently he is expected to be able to cover Westbrooke one on one

- Im fine with the Giants bringing in a diff LB on third and long in obvious passing situations but Pierce still remains one of our pretty solid players.... Do I think he should get more money and the new contract that he wants - NO. But to bring this topic up is living in fantasy world. If anything I want Jesse Armstead to be the new linebacker coach.

So...cut our only starting LB on the team? Not to mention the captain of the D.

....ummm :unsure: Your Nucking Futs.

I can see us maybe doing it in acouple years when we have sured up our LB core but until then he is the only LB on this team with actual starting talent....although Blackburn is a ST beast. Pierce will retire with the Giants and I'm sure once he does if we offer him the position he will easily take it, if he wants to stay in the NFL that is.

I really doubt he'll make a good coach ever. I think off the field, Pierce can be a very ornary, angry guy.

I don't think he's angry. I actually like how he has that fire in him. He's a bit cocky and outspoken but we don't have many of those type of players besides him and Osi. Every team needs that emotional guy.

mr. chip on his shoulder would never come and coach for the team that cut him

Well it would all be in the wording when Reece calls him in the office . Like ...

"Antonio how would you like to be our LBer coach. "

" I would love to"

"Great we will terminate your contract after we agree to a coaching contract."

Not so crazy, just a little early. He's still got some play left in him, and he clearly states he wants to play again. But in a few years, if we still have this problem, not a bad idea.

I guess my thinking is to progressive