SportsWrath

Crabtree

JMFP

We have to give up all our prized picks to draft him. Not happening...end of discussion.

Maybe, maybe not. We'll see. Despite the talent, the kid is a sophomore, and that might be enough of a concern for some of the other teams in front of us.

Then again, Detroit has the first pick this year. :mellow:

THEY ARE NOT DRAFTING A WR IN ROUND 1!!!!

So get over it already!

You win championships with defense...the superbowl was won last year because of the immense pass rush. If wide receivers won championships New England would have killed us last year in the Superbowl.

They need another stud DE and faster linebackers. The secondary needs depth but they are looking really good the past couple of seasons.

The Giants have the 29th pick of round #1, two picks in round 2 and two picks in round 5. All of these picks should add some nice depth and solid players. Reese has done a great job in two years as GM and I expect it to continue.

That maybe mostly true but what good is your defense if you can't score? LB and WR positions must be upgraded.. and that's taking into account Plax being in the line up next season.

Is Crabtree falling all the way to 27 or 28, wherever we pick? That would be the only reason we should still be talking about him. Trading up all the way into the top 10 to get a friggin' WR? Um, no. Completely ridiculous, and it would be an error GREATER than Matt Millen proportions if we did. Crabtree is not the only receiver in the draft. You never know, Louis Murphy or Kenny Britt or some other receiver may end up being the best receiver to come out of this draft after all is said and done. That is why you don't give up so many other picks for a WR in particular.

Seriously. He'll probably be great but he won't be a Giant unless he signs as a free agent some day, people get over it.

He'll be on the board for awhile... A solid middle round pickup

From one of JMFP's pinned links

Aaron Kelly, Clemson

Height: 6-5. Weight: 190.

Projected 40 Time: 4.53.

Projected Round (2009): 5-6.

1/4/09: Aaron Kelly struggled like everyone else on Clemson this year, garnering 61 receptions for 648 yards and three scores - a major dropoff from last year.

10/19/08: Maybe Aaron Kelly should have declared early. Kelly had his first 100-yard performance against Georgia Tech, but struggled at times with Cullen Harper tanking.

2007: After declaring for the 2008 NFL Draft, Aaron Kelly has decided to stay for his senior year.

Kelly put up great numbers with Cullen Harper emerging as an elite quarterback. Kelly had 88 receptions, 1,081 yards and 11 touchdowns. However, Kelly really needs to improve his 40 if he wants to get drafted in the first two rounds.

Is Crabtree falling all the way to 27 or 28, wherever we pick? That would be the only reason we should still be talking about him. Trading up all the way into the top 10 to get a friggin' WR? Um, no. Completely ridiculous, and it would be an error GREATER than Matt Millen proportions if we did. Crabtree is not the only receiver in the draft. You never know, Louis Murphy or Kenny Britt or some other receiver may end up being the best receiver to come out of this draft after all is said and done. That is why you don't give up so many other picks for a WR in particular.

Seriously. He'll probably be great but he won't be a Giant unless he signs as a free agent some day, people get over it.

I won't let you crush my dreams. You bastard.

That maybe mostly true but what good is your defense if you can't score? LB and WR positions must be upgraded.. and that's taking into account Plax being in the line up next season.

ask the eagles

also ask the 18-1 Patriots who had the #1 offense in NFL history

ppod, are you saying you are comfortable going into the season with a WR group of Hixon, Smith, maybe Toomer, Manningham, Moss, and maybe Tyree?

I am not. Don't forget that 18-1 greatest offense in history team probably wouldn't have even made it to the SuperBowl without the heroics of Moss and Welker that year. Additionally, the Patriots came very close to beating us in that SuperBowl, in large part to a spectacular effort by Welker and also I believe at least one TD by Moss. Having that homerun ability and athleticism is critical to keeping the opposing defense honest... as evidenced by Philly's lack of respect for our WR group and loading up on stopping our running attack, which they did successfully.

ppod, are you saying you are comfortable going into the season with a WR group of Hixon, Smith, maybe Toomer, Manningham, Moss, and maybe Tyree?

I am not. Don't forget that 18-1 greatest offense in history team probably wouldn't have even made it to the SuperBowl without the heroics of Moss and Welker that year. Additionally, the Patriots came very close to beating us in that SuperBowl, in large part to a spectacular effort by Welker and also I believe at least one TD by Moss. Having that homerun ability and athleticism is critical to keeping the opposing defense honest... as evidenced by Philly's lack of respect for our WR group and loading up on stopping our running attack, which they did successfully.

Jim, are you insane? I say that laughingly, but defenses win championships its why the Giants won...the Patriots have Tom Brady, the 3 superbowls they won, they had average receivers of which none are still on the team and none have been back to a Superbowl. But back to your question...

Yes I feel comfortable with our receiving corps and here is why...if Eli could actually throw the ball he would have hit a wide open Steve Smith in stride for a TD against the Eagles in the playoff game....in that same game he overthrew a wide open Hixon by 20 yards...it wasn't the receivers it was Manning in the playoff game. The Giants are a run first team. In the draft they need to address LB, DL and OL. If they can grab a receiver in the later rounds that can make a difference so be it...but you aren't getting an imapct receiver with the 29th pick in the draft. it has happened, but it is rare.