SportsWrath

It is what it is...

ksm7

well, so it is...although it may not feel like it to giant fans, the dog has to say that it really was the entertaining game the dog was hoping for in the sense that it was a typical physical, hard battle between division rivals in the playoffs (albeit sloppy and ugly at times, it had a level of intensity for a good part of the game, and it did come down to the end to the 4th quarter). For what it is worth, the dog has a number of points regarding this game...

As much as the defense played solidly for both sides, the dog has that continual issue with prevent/soft defense late in the half/games. It seemed like something small at the time, but to allow the eagles and mcnabb to get into a rhythem on the final drive when they had 34 yards of offense until then, and to have that result in the loss of the lead was critical to momentum...

the eagles had more intensity and played with more urgency overall...period.

manning reverted back and struggled with weather - gilbride takes the heat, and possibly justifiably so, but manning still has to execute...if he hits dixon open deep, or smith open on a play, the giants score two more td's, and nobody is talking about gilbride being a failure today...

again, although in the minority, the dog doesn't get the jacobs fascination - sorry, but fourth a foot is exactly why the "earth" gets paid (and will ask for big money this offseason)...the fact that they didn't give it to him the first attempt speaks volumes to the dog (and has happened in past games). he has to get this...he didn't.

how does coughlin not know it is 4th and 2 (the dog heard he admitted to this, but not sure if this is true)???

there are others, but contrary to what many believe, the dog is not interested in beating down anyone 24 hours after a collapse...

anyway, it is what it is...

well, so it is...although it may not feel like it to giant fans, the dog has to say that it really was the entertaining game the dog was hoping for in the sense that it was a typical physical, hard battle between division rivals in the playoffs (albeit sloppy and ugly at times, it had a level of intensity for a good part of the game, and it did come down to the end to the 4th quarter). For what it is worth, the dog has a number of points regarding this game...

As much as the defense played solidly for both sides, the dog has that continual issue with prevent/soft defense late in the half/games. It seemed like something small at the time, but to allow the eagles and mcnabb to get into a rhythem on the final drive when they had 34 yards of offense until then, and to have that result in the loss of the lead was critical to momentum...

manning reverted back and struggled with weather - gilbride takes the heat, and possibly justifiably so, but manning still has to execute...if he hits dixon open deep, or smith open on a play, the giants score two more td's, and nobody is talking about gilbride being a failure today...

again, although in the minority, the dog doesn't get the jacobs fascination - sorry, but fourth a foot is exactly why the "earth" gets paid (and will ask for big money this offseason)...the fact that they didn't give it to him the first attempt speaks volumes to the dog (and has happened in past games). he has to get this...he didn't.

how does coughlin not know it is 4th and 2 (the dog heard he admitted to this, but not sure if this is true)???

there are others, but contrary to what many believe, the dog is not interested in beating down anyone 24 hours after a collapse...

Agree with alot of this. The prevent D was bad but seriously Gilbride????? 3 passes in a row on 1st and 5 at the 25??? The eagles had 1 timeout with less than 2 minutes to go and the Giants probably pick up that first down with 2 runs mixed in there. Even if they don't, they kill the clock and kick a fg and the eagles don't even get the ball and the lead at half. We missed so many opportunities in this game. There is no reason why the Giants shouldn't have been winning by more than 1 or 2 scores at the end of the third quarter. Its sad that they played so flat in a game that big.

I don't agree with this. The Giant defense was very intense, and played with a great sense of urgency, and that was clear every time Westbrook touched the ball. Giants ran ball the well for the most part, and I don't think Eli was sacked once, against a spirited and ferocious defense, so there must have been some intense and urgent line play going on there as well.

I don't agree with this. The Giant defense was very intense, and played with a great sense of urgency, and that was clear every time Westbrook touched the ball. Giants ran ball the well for the most part, and I don't think Eli was sacked once, against a spirited and ferocious defense, so there must have been some intense and urgent line play going on there as well.

You are correct sir, not once.

I blame Carney. :brooding:

He deserves some of it as well. He makes those kicks, it could be a different game. No way we go for it on 4th down twice in the 4th quarter if those kicks were made.

Alot of blame to go around in this one, and yes, I'm blaming Plaxico too. :furious:

He deserves some of it as well. He makes those kicks, it could be a different game. No way we go for it on 4th down twice in the 4th quarter if those kicks were made.

Alot of blame to go around in this one, and yes, I'm blaming Plaxico too. :furious:

Agreed. I just want to move on and get ready for next yr. <_<

Plaxico is an ass that was seemingly forgotten about (by the team) on the very next day. We played like champs in his absence, and should have continued in that game. The Eagles did not play well, they got lucky and we should have won that game. Carney misses 2, Eli throws a critical pick and Coughlin should have taken the wind in the 4th quarter. We could all go on forever with the Monday morning quarterbacking...but those three stick out in my mind as the things that turned that game right over to the Eagles. :furious::furious:

Agreed. I just want to move on and get ready for next yr. <_<

Yeah, me too. I have to admit though, I'm not nearly as bummed as I was excited last year. I think it's a combination of knowing that championships are hard to come by, and thinking that if this team stays together, they'll be contenders for a while. That's all you can ask for, then you hope things go your way in the playoffs.

Plaxico is an ass that was seemingly forgotten about (by the team) on the very next day. We played like champs in his absence, and should have continued in that game. The Eagles did not play well, they got lucky and we should have won that game. Carney misses 2, Eli throws a critical pick and Coughlin should have taken the wind in the 4th quarter. We could all go on forever with the Monday morning quarterbacking...but those three stick out in my mind has turning that game right over to the Eagles. :furious::furious:

3rd and 20 will sting for me. After that play, I just knew it was gonna snowball.

The 1st Eli pick was obviously a killer, but that was an impressive 3 yard TD drive for Philly. Give em credit.

About the wind, I was scratching my head on that one. What the the hell were they thinking?

Plaxico is an ass that was seemingly forgotten about (by the team) on the very next day. We played like champs in his absence, and should have continued in that game. The Eagles did not play well, they got lucky and we should have won that game. Carney misses 2, Eli throws a critical pick and Coughlin should have taken the wind in the 4th quarter. We could all go on forever with the Monday morning quarterbacking...but those three stick out in my mind as the things that turned that game right over to the Eagles. :furious::furious:

the dog has to disagree here...the eagles offense was poor in the first half (with the exception of the last minute drive against the prevent), but overall, they played very well. The giants had field position advantages, and the eagles defense came up with the stops (yes, play calling was suspect, but this is the defending SB champs with the former super bowl MVP and the unstoppable run game)...they made plays and won...and the offense started executing when they needed to, and made plays when they needed to. Overall, the eagles outplayed them. the giants should have capitalized on early opportunities, but they were unable to. in the end, the team that was better on that day won the game.

good observations but i gotta disagree on a couple of points.

1) both taems played like crap. i mean seriously the eagles are a better team than that. they just outcoached us and we couldn't execute at all. their offense was pitiful despite barely any pressure from us on mcnabb and they barely exploited our weak coverage in the middle until late in the first half. they played a lot better than us, but this was a relaly sloppy game and both teams are culpable.

2) i dont know where you get your opinion on jacobs--yes he should've picked up that 4th down but he's typically as automatic as it gets in short yardage situations

good observations but i gotta disagree on a couple of points.

1) both taems played like crap. i mean seriously the eagles are a better team than that. they just outcoached us and we couldn't execute at all. their offense was pitiful despite barely any pressure from us on mcnabb and they barely exploited our weak coverage in the middle until late in the first half. they played a lot better than us, but this was a relaly sloppy game and both teams are culpable.

2) i dont know where you get your opinion on jacobs--yes he should've picked up that 4th down but he's typically as automatic as it gets in short yardage situations

the dog isn't sure it was so much poor play as it was very strong defensive play on both parts. sadly andy reid did outcoach the giants (the dog likes reid, but he typically is on the receiving end of being outcoached at this stage of the season...)...

jacobs is a good back, but the dog is underwhelmed with him overall. and the fact is, short yardage is not so automatic for him. he is billed and bills himself as the 270 pound tank that can't be tackled - yet he typically needs multiple carries near the endzone to get in...and with all do respect, on fourth and inches, the fact that he doesn't get the ball says something...

the dog isn't sure it was so much poor play as it was very strong defensive play on both parts. sadly andy reid did outcoach the giants (the dog likes reid, but he typically is on the receiving end of being outcoached at this stage of the season...)...

jacobs is a good back, but the dog is underwhelmed with him overall. and the fact is, short yardage is not so automatic for him. he is billed and bills himself as the 270 pound tank that can't be tackled - yet he typically needs multiple carries near the endzone to get in...and with all do respect, on fourth and inches, the fact that he doesn't get the ball says something...

he doesn't need multiple carries to get into the end zone in goal-line situations. i have no clue where you're getting that from. im not doig any research but i'll bet anything he's ta least 95% in short yardage situations

he doesn't need multiple carries to get into the end zone in goal-line situations. i have no clue where you're getting that from. im not doig any research but i'll bet anything he's ta least 95% in short yardage situations

it happens time and again...the dog is sure it happend in the carolina game...and it has happened before as well...the dog agrees that research isn't necessary, and we can agree to disagree on the facts...bottom line, he gets paid the big bucks, and will, to be a 270 pound battering ram that NEEDS to get a yard or two in those key situations...he didn't, and this wasn't the first time. for all his talk and swagger, he came up short...again, he is a good back, but at this stage in his career, nothing more...

for all his talk and swagger, he came up short...again, he is a good back, but at this stage in his career, nothing more...

Interesting that you pick Jacobs as a person to lay some blame on for this game. That's completely ridiculous.

He was one person on the field who was walking the walk and not just talking it. To say otherwise gives the impression one had their head deep in the nearest ass.

it happens time and again...the dog is sure it happend in the carolina game...and it has happened before as well...the dog agrees that research isn't necessary, and we can agree to disagree on the facts...bottom line, he gets paid the big bucks, and will, to be a 270 pound battering ram that NEEDS to get a yard or two in those key situations...he didn't, and this wasn't the first time. for all his talk and swagger, he came up short...again, he is a good back, but at this stage in his career, nothing more...

fair enough. one thing we agree on is that he had to get that 4th and didn't. i'm a big jacobs fan and he let me down big time wtih that run. his numbers look solid but he didn't look like himself that game--too much shuffling behind the line and not hitting the hole fast enough. maybe his knee wasn't as 'pain free' as he claimed it was--who knows. i'd still pay him though. 1,000+ yards and 15 td's for a rb who wans't used as a featured back is still a very good year.

Interesting that you pick Jacobs as a person to lay some blame on for this game. That's completely ridiculous.

He was one person on the field who was walking the walk and not just talking it. To say otherwise gives the impression one had their head deep in the nearest ass.

...Hey, if the ass fits, by all means wear it. :)

oh come on, you know the dog can't stay away from jacobs...and when he is unable to get that yard in that situation, it speaks to what the dog has said about him all year...needless to say, he is a good back, but to pay him big money for the future could be a mistake...

oh come on, you know the dog can't stay away from jacobs...and when he is unable to get that yard in that situation, it speaks to what the dog has said about him all year...needless to say, he is a good back, but to pay him big money for the future could be a mistake...

Why isn't the dog bringing up the 1st down he got on 4th and 2 on the game's first drive?

I suspect that he just wasn't as healthy as he was letting on. This has nothing to do with him not getting the 1st down late in the game. All game long I remember asking, "Where's Jacobs?" There were long stretches where he wasn't on the field.

I don't see how someone can find fault with this guy after running for 92 yards on 19 carries against the no.3 defense on a less than 100% leg. He's the only one who had an impact offensively.

No one has ever said he's an elite back, but he is unique, and his physical style of running is fun to watch. So what if he gets tackled for a loss once in awhile, or didn't come up with the alleged huge 4th down conversion with the team already down 2 scores? He was the least of their problems. Looks like someone is just trying to stir the pot. You'd have more credibility if you went after Eli on this one.

Why isn't the dog bringing up the 1st down he got on 4th and 2 on the game's first drive?

I suspect that he just wasn't as healthy as he was letting on. This has nothing to do with him not getting the 1st down late in the game. All game long I remember asking, "Where's Jacobs?" There were long stretches where he wasn't on the field.

I don't see how someone can find fault with this guy after running for 92 yards on 19 carries against the no.3 defense on a less than 100% leg. He's the only one who had an impact offensively.

No one has ever said he's an elite back, but he is unique, and his physical style of running is fun to watch. So what if he gets tackled for a loss once in awhile, or didn't come up with the alleged huge 4th down conversion with the team already down 2 scores? He was the least of their problems. Looks like someone is just trying to stir the pot. You'd have more credibility if you went after Eli on this one.

I have a complaint with Jacobs.....he didn't get the ball enough. In a game where the offense couldn't execute and the playcalling was suspect to say the least, Jacobs was the one player who was able to make some kind of impact. Perhaps he was still hobbled by his injury, but I heard all week how fired up he was to play in this game. To see him on the sideline for the second series in the 1st quarter, and to be taken out of the game after going for 16 yards on 2 carries following the Robbins interception is confounding to me. 19 carries in a playoff game where Eli simply didn't have anything going for him is inexcusable. This game was the time to try and ride Jacobs to a win and for whatever reason, they didn't do it.

I would have been like Bum Phillips with Earl Campbell...."ride that horse till that horse could not ride no more". As we could see by Tuck's lack of explosiveness in rushing the QB he was far more hurt than Jacobs....yet they played Tuck on every down he could stand up.