SportsWrath

mcnabb's phone stunt

Herc

I chalk this up to a heat of the moment thing for an insecure fella. Its apparent that he is not the calmest and coolest of cats in a big spot and this was probably his way of relaxing, sure beats his past stunts like puking on himself and as TO once said, crapping his pants.

What does he think he is about to do....storm the beaches at Normandy? :rolleyes: That is the kind of stuff you expect from guys under fire. My Old Man had a man in his unit who would almost invariably shit all over himself during a tank battle. Can't really say I blame him going up against Tigers and Panthers in Shermans....well I would be evacuating my system at both ends. They nicknamed him "The Secret Weapon"....LOL!!!

He's proven himself as a claseless player long before this stunt.

mcnabb is many things, but the dog would never classify him as classless...unless you can point to specific times when he handled himself otherwise, he has dealt with a lot and handled it well each time...the owens situation...the benchings...coming up short in big games and being labeled the goat...every time out he has been appropriate. sounds like angry sour grapes to the dog...

mcnabb is many things, but the dog would never classify him as classless...unless you can point to specific times when he handled himself otherwise, he has dealt with a lot and handled it well each time...the owens situation...the benchings...coming up short in big games and being labeled the goat...every time out he has been appropriate. sounds like angry sour grapes to the dog...

so that phone stunt wasn't classless?

so that phone stunt wasn't classless?

it wasn't nice, no...but when in the moment, athletes will do that kind of thing. he has been battered all of his career, and he just handles it...to the dog, that was less of an issue than the obnoxious endzone celebrations that occur in football (which by the way, the dog has no issue with either)...the dog wonders, does anyone find it classless when jacobs threw the ball at the buccanears emblem after scoring last year? at the star in texas stadium wall? no - why? because he is a giant and was just being exuberant....it is all the same and part of the game. to highlight that is just sour grapes...

it wasn't nice, no...but when in the moment, athletes will do that kind of thing. he has been battered all of his career, and he just handles it...to the dog, that was less of an issue than the obnoxious endzone celebrations that occur in football (which by the way, the dog has no issue with either)...the dog wonders, does anyone find it classless when jacobs threw the ball at the buccanears emblem after scoring last year? at the star in texas stadium wall? no - why? because he is a giant and was just being exuberant....it is all the same and part of the game. to highlight that is just sour grapes...

i disagree. i think celebrating td's are way less of an offense and than going to an opposing team's sideline and picking up their phone--he didn't even score on that play.

anyway at least i know your fav team now

so when shockey (or any number of receivers) would catch a pass for 4 yards and get up screaming and hollaring and pointing at defenders, that was all OK? look, the dog doesn't support taunting in anyway, but this was mild...and much todo about nothing...

I don't think it was a big deal. It was spontaneous and he apologized for it afterwards. The Joe Horn cellphone deal was a lot more classless.

Who is this delish dish?

McNabb isnt that bad a guy. Just because we hate the Eagles, Philly and the fan base. If you saw that in a comdey film about football, youd laugh your asses off.

so when shockey (or any number of receivers) would catch a pass for 4 yards and get up screaming and hollaring and pointing at defenders, that was all OK? look, the dog doesn't support taunting in anyway, but this was mild...and much todo about nothing...

it was most certainly not ok and i never condoned it. the only non-scoring offensive celebration i ever found acceptable was ike hilliard quickly signaling for first down and that's it. as for td's--no td celebration has ever bothered me. not joe horn's cell phone, not owens signing the ball (which i thought was hilarious btw), not even the stupid stuff chad johnson does bothers me. they scored a td and they can do what they want--if it's funny(which it rarely is) then it's even more of a bonus. but running to another team's sideline and doing shit in their faces when the game is clearly over is completely out of line IMO.

there's a reason he drew an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty on that play--it was unsportsmanlike conduct

it was most certainly not ok and i never condoned it. the only non-scoring offensive celebration i ever found acceptable was ike hilliard quickly signaling for first down and that's it. as for td's--no td celebration has ever bothered me. not joe horn's cell phone, not owens signing the ball (which i thought was hilarious btw), not even the stupid stuff chad johnson does bothers me. they scored a td and they can do what they want--if it's funny(which it rarely is) then it's even more of a bonus. but running to another team's sideline and doing shit in their faces when the game is clearly over is completely out of line IMO.

there's a reason he drew an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty on that play--it was unsportsmanlike conduct

I seem to remember you being a fan of the Strahan flex.

and again, all this other stuff we're talking about was on the field of play. it wasn't deep into the other team's sidelines--i do feel that the difference matters

Thats the difference for me on this one too. On the field celebrations arent too bad. But when you are on the opposing teams sidelines and use a phone or something from OUR side, thats when I have a problem.

no sour grapes on my part either, dog. i hate to ruin your day, but just like i told you last week im not taking this too hard. you can't win every year and championships are way too rare for me to not stil be happy with 2007

no sour grapes on my part either, dog. i hate to ruin your day, but just like i told you last week im not taking this too hard. you can't win every year and championships are way too rare for me to not stil be happy with 2007

taunting is taunting - whether it is on the field, on the sidelines, or anywhere else...the dog is just saying this is pretty minor for people to get all uptight about, relative to what takes place after TDs...and the sour grapes reference was to the poster that that stated that mcnabb has always been classless...the dog isn't a diehard mcnabb fan, but respects him as a QB, and has absolutely no recollection of him conducting himself in a classless manner outside of this pittely incident...and lord knows he has had plenty of opportunities to do so...

what is comical is the fact that people are jumping on this incident and labeling him as classless, yet will defend burress' actions (not you per say) and attack the mayor...the nfl...and anyone else that doesn't want to chalk up what he did as being a poor troubled lad that needs support and counseling as it was no big deal when the reality is, it was criminal...

taunting is taunting - whether it is on the field, on the sidelines, or anywhere else...the dog is just saying this is pretty minor for people to get all uptight about, relative to what takes place after TDs...and the sour grapes reference was to the poster that that stated that mcnabb has always been classless...the dog isn't a diehard mcnabb fan, but respects him as a QB, and has absolutely no recollection of him conducting himself in a classless manner outside of this pittely incident...and lord knows he has had plenty of opportunities to do so...

what is comical is the fact that people are jumping on this incident and labeling him as classless, yet will defend burress' actions (not you per say) and attack the mayor...the nfl...and anyone else that doesn't want to chalk up what he did as being a poor troubled lad that needs support and counseling as it was no big deal when the reality is, it was criminal...

You've got to be kidding making that comparison, please tell us you are kidding.

i do think the mayor was out of line commenting about this. there were far more serious criminal incidents in nyc that he was pretty quiet about--i haven't heard him demanding that the kid from bronx tale be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law, or the cops involved in the sean bell incident, etc. he's grandstanding. burress is an ass but once the legal stage of this saga is over i want him back on the team, it's obvious we need him to win and i care more about that than i do about proving a point to him or anyone else

and i want to reiterate that celebrating in an end zone after a TD is just not the same as getting in the other team's face on their sideline or bringing the celebration to the middle of the field in front of the other team. owens was punished accordingly for doing something like this and i wouldn't have complained if someone george teagued mcnabb.

i do think the mayor was out of line commenting about this. there were far more serious criminal incidents in nyc that he was pretty quiet about--i haven't heard him demanding that the kid from bronx tale be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law, or the cops involved in the sean bell incident, etc. he's grandstanding. burress is an ass but once the legal stage of this saga is over i want him back on the team, it's obvious we need him to win and i care more about that than i do about proving a point to him or anyone else

that's fine...the dog's point (this is for booyah as well) was that people can't label mcnabb as classless over one minor incident, and yet defend burress for a criminal act...

the dog respects the fact that you would want him back once the legal ramifications are over, and that you can admit as a fan that you want him back for purposes of winning...as do most...what is unfortunate (again, not you per say) is that the same fans that will attack other teams for taking or wanting players back despite their serious legal issues will also take burress back in a heartbeat after the team was exposed on Sunday...

that's fine...the dog's point (this is for booyah as well) was that people can't label mcnabb as classless over one minor incident, and yet defend burress for a criminal act...

the dog respects the fact that you would want him back once the legal ramifications are over, and that you can admit as a fan that you want him back for purposes of winning...as do most...what is unfortunate (again, not you per say) is that the same fans that will attack other teams for taking or wanting players back despite their serious legal issues will also take burress back in a heartbeat after the team was exposed on Sunday...

it's the nature of the game. michael vick will be on a team next season if he's not suspended. so will pacman. that's the game, and if you don't play you lose out. burress was punished appropriately and i've maintained sine the incident that i want him back next year. i argued with a lot of people that he was not replaceable this season and this last month has shown that he's not. if the state of ny wants to charge him and throw him in jail for discharging a weapon in a public place i understand--but after he serves that punishment someone will put him on their team and i see no reason to lose a a valuable asset for a moral principle that our competition doesn't adhere to. i stopped being naive on this subject when ray lewis was allowed to destroy us in the 2000 superbowl <_<

and i do think mcnabb's a little immature at times, but certainly not classless--that isolated act, however, was IMO

it's the nature of the game. michael vick will be on a team next season if he's not suspended. so will pacman. that's the game, and if you don't play you lose out. burress was punished appropriately and i've maintained sine the incident that i want him back next year. i argued with a lot of people that he was not replaceable this season and this last month has shown that he's not. if the state of ny wants to charge him and throw him in jail for discharging a weapon in a public place i understand--but after he serves that punishment someone will put him on their team and i see no reason to lose a a valuable asset for a moral principle that our competition doesn't adhere to. i stopped being naive on this subject when ray lewis was allowed to destroy us in the 2000 superbowl <_<

and i do think mcnabb's a little immature at times, but certainly not classless--that isolated act, however, was IMO

the dog doesn't disagree at all...that is why it was ridiculous that fans will attack organizations of oppossing teams for resigning these players...etc...if you are a fan, you want your team to win...if burress/jones/vick and whoever else can make the list come to your team of choice, and can help your team win, you are going to look the other way on the issues...as are organziations, and that includes the giants...