SportsWrath

Gilbride/Plax cost Giants a championship and Todays Game Thoughts...

BurnThePhilFans

I was at the game today and let me tell you - I have never seen an offensive cordinator coach his team out of a playoff game. Gilbride is a FOOL and needs to go. Lets look at his body of work today.... Jacobs - Hardly plays the entire first quarter, at the drive before the half we have 1st and 5 around the green zone and theres less than 2 minutes left and Philly has one timeout - Gilbride then proceeds to call 3 ( 3 fu%^ing passes in a row!). Now, not only do we have to settle for a field goal, but we give Philly the ball back and they end up scoring a fg to lead at half (and came very close to scoring a TD). This idiot should have called 3 consecutive running plays. We probably get a first down there if he does and even if we don't we still go into the half with the lead. Also, someone needs to explain the logic behind him using one wide receiver sets (Toomer) with Matthews (a f*(king backup tight end) going in motion on obvious passing plays several times throughout the game. Taking out all of our legitimate receiving threats you idiot?! This guy needs to go. Jacobs should have had a minimum of 7-8 more carries and the play calling sucked. When is he going to learn to not throw the ball on first downs when you have the best rushing game in the NFL?

Plax - You cost us a ring. Enough said.

More on Todays game... (Mistakes and what if's)

1. Jacobs - a shoelace tackle away from a 60+ yard td run

2. Robbins - a shoelace tackle away from an interception that would have been 6

3. Carney - Took lessons from Tynes this week?

4. Deep ball that should have been a td to Smith in the first quarter

5. Overthrowing a wide open Toomer for a long play on the sidelines in the first quarter....etc etc...

We should have won this game and it disgusts me... at one point in the third quarter I remember thinking we should have been up by atleast 10 points

I was at the game today and let me tell you - I have never seen an offensive cordinator coach his team out of a playoff game. Gilbride is a FOOL and needs to go. Lets look at his body of work today.... Jacobs - Hardly plays the entire first quarter, at the drive before the half we have 1st and 5 around the green zone and theres less than 2 minutes left and Philly has one timeout - Gilbride then proceeds to call 3 ( 3 fu%^ing passes in a row!). Now, not only do we have to settle for a field goal, but we give Philly the ball back and they end up scoring a fg to lead at half (and came very close to scoring a TD). This idiot should have called 3 consecutive running plays. We probably get a first down there if he does and even if we don't we still go into the half with the lead. Also, someone needs to explain the logic behind him using one wide receiver sets (Toomer) with Matthews (a f*(king backup tight end) going in motion on obvious passing plays several times throughout the game. Taking out all of our legitimate receiving threats you idiot?! This guy needs to go. Jacobs should have had a minimum of 7-8 more carries and the play calling sucked. When is he going to learn to not throw the ball on first downs when you have the best rushing game in the NFL?

Plax - You cost us a ring. Enough said.

More on Todays game... (Mistakes and what if's)

1. Jacobs - a shoelace tackle away from a 60+ yard td run

2. Robbins - a shoelace tackle away from an interception that would have been 6

3. Carney - Took lessons from Tynes this week?

4. Deep ball that should have been a td to Smith in the first quarter

5. Overthrowing a wide open Toomer for a long play on the sidelines in the first quarter....etc etc...

We should have won this game and it disgusts me... at one point in the third quarter I remember thinking we should have been up by atleast 10 points

Losing to philly sucks but having all those opportunitys to score is killing me.

As far as gilbride is concerned I would have canned him a long time ago.

Eli and the offense are clearly big held back by that joke!

Lets not forget that Eli better start practicing in a NASA wind tunnel in the off season.

I guess run-run-field goal would have been so much better. The fact is the Giants couldn't finish drives and that's what cost them.

1-10-PHI 11 (12:15) 27-B.Jacobs right tackle to PHI 9 for 2 yards (20-B.Dawkins).

2-8-PHI 9 (11:39) 27-B.Jacobs right tackle to PHI 9 for no gain (98-M.Patterson, 95-V.Abiamiri).

3-8-PHI 9 (10:53) (Shotgun) 10-E.Manning pass short left to 34-D.Ward to PHI 4 for 5 yards (55-S.Bradley).

4-3-PHI 4 (10:05) 5-J.Carney 22 yard field goal is GOOD, Center-93-J.Alford, Holder-18-J.Feagles.

I guess run-run-field goal would have been so much better. The fact is the Giants couldn't finish drives and that's what cost them.

1-10-PHI 11 (12:15) 27-B.Jacobs right tackle to PHI 9 for 2 yards (20-B.Dawkins).

2-8-PHI 9 (11:39) 27-B.Jacobs right tackle to PHI 9 for no gain (98-M.Patterson, 95-V.Abiamiri).

3-8-PHI 9 (10:53) (Shotgun) 10-E.Manning pass short left to 34-D.Ward to PHI 4 for 5 yards (55-S.Bradley).

4-3-PHI 4 (10:05) 5-J.Carney 22 yard field goal is GOOD, Center-93-J.Alford, Holder-18-J.Feagles.

Actually it would have been... Philly would not have had a go ahead drive to end the half... They had 1 timeout left