SportsWrath

Derrick Ward's

Lughead

Why does everyone feel we will not have ward next year?

I really dont get it ? Why would we not re-sign ward?

I mean a lot of people act as if it's a given he will not be here, WHY?

Dude wants a chance to be "the man." And is gonna command a hefty chunk of change.

Change I think the Giants will use on Jacobs, who is clearly the main cog in the offensive

operations.

Why does everyone feel we will not have ward next year?

I really dont get it ? Why would we not re-sign ward?

I mean a lot of people act as if it's a given he will not be here, WHY?

If they sign Jacobs Lug, how do you think they can sign Ward also?.

the thing is it's not hard to get a running back anymore. you don't see as many drafted in the first round these days--in fact the general consensus is that only 2 rbs will be drafted in the first round this season. for that reason we have a decent chance at keeping ward. he's not that young either and no one values him as highly as people were valuing turner when he was a backup at SD

the thing is it's not hard to get a running back anymore. you don't see as many drafted in the first round these days--in fact the general consensus is that only 2 rbs will be drafted in the first round this season. for that reason we have a decent chance at keeping ward. he's not that young either and no one values him as highly as people were valuing turner when he was a backup at SD

I don't think anyone is kidding themselves thinking he's the next Turner, but to be honest, if you look at the 2 teams next weekend, apart from Westbrook, Ward would upgrade their running games immediately. He's got the 1000 yard rushing in the resume now. We've gotten tremendous value out of him, but I think he's gone.

I don't think anyone is kidding themselves thinking he's the next Turner, but to be honest, if you look at the 2 teams next weekend, apart from Westbrook, Ward would upgrade their running games immediately. He's got the 1000 yard rushing in the resume now. We've gotten tremendous value out of him, but I think he's gone.

supposedly arizona loves chris wells and is targeting him with their first round pick, and im sure they haven't given up on hightower yet. either way he'd be splitting carries with someone on arizona and likely wherever else he'd go. i dont think anyone's going to sign him to be 'the guy' so why not stay unless that opportunity presents itself?

jacobs:

Any time the season ends in disappointment you want to come back stronger the next year. How much do you want to be a part of this?

I want to be a part of this just as much as the owner wants to be the owner. This where I want to be and this is where I hope I am next year. The season is over now and we have a lot to focus on. Of course we have to get better and like I said bigger, stronger and faster and just try to come out and have a better year next year because I don’t have any doubt in my mind that I will be here. I think I’ll be here and that’s that. I’m putting myself on this football team next year.

ward:

How badly do you to come back and be a part of this?

I’d love to be a part of this. It’s not up to me. It’s up to the front office people and I’m always going to be a Giant whether I am here or somewhere else. This team gave me my start and I’ll always be in debt to them but it’s a business and they have to make business decisions and I have to make business decisions. It’s a wait and see game right now.

sounds like ward thinks hes gone and jacobs thinks he stays