SportsWrath

To all Giants fans...

so-cal dub

we didn't execute very well, but gilbride's playcalling still sucked. the guy didn't give us a chance to win even if they executed better. two straight draws, direct snap to ward, leaving jacobs out for entire series in the first half. giving jacobs/ward almost an even split on carries in the 1st half. that shit is inexcusable

I agree that game was ours for the taking and we come up with our worst effort at the worst possible time. This was like the Cleveland game; but unlike that game this was the playoffs but not the regular season. We took too many hits after the SB....Strahan, Osi, Burress, Jacobs getting hurt, Tuck getting hurt, and significant role players like Kawika Mitchell lost to free agency. The Eagles were playing with house money....they escaped the hangman and got to the playoffs. Every game the Giants played this year was the Super Bowl for the opposing team.

we didn't execute very well, but gilbride's playcalling still sucked. the guy didn't give us a chance to win even if they executed better. two straight draws, direct snap to ward, leaving jacobs out for entire series in the first half. giving jacobs/ward almost an even split on carries in the 1st half. that shit is inexcusable

Hi everyone I'm new to this board. I migrated from the original Giants message board. I could no longer handle the constant Eli Manning topics about his value to the team and the overall lack of substance. I heard this board is more informed and I'm hoping this is true. As for Sunday, the team just didn't execute. However, the playcalling on Gilbride's part left a lot to be desired. After the Robbins interception(great play on Fred's part. He's a real unsung hero on this defense.), Jacobs took the first carry for 11 yards and the following carry for 5 yards. Jacobs comes out of the game for Ward, and they go empty backfield in a shotgun formation. They throw a screen to Ward that falls incomplete. An incomplete pass on third down and they settle for another field goal, putting the Giants ahead by a point. I really got discouraged after this series. This was a great chance to retake the momentum and hit the Eagles in the mouth. I knew this game would be a battle and I thought Jacobs was the key to winning and I believed he could have a big game, especially after hearing how fired up he was all week leading up to Sunday. 19 carries simply wasn't enough.

Hi everyone I'm new to this board. I migrated from the original Giants message board. I could no longer handle the constant Eli Manning topics about his value to the team and the overall lack of substance. I heard this board is more informed and I'm hoping this is true. As for Sunday, the team just didn't execute. However, the playcalling on Gilbride's part left a lot to be desired. After the Robbins interception(great play on Fred's part. He's a real unsung hero on this defense.), Jacobs took the first carry for 11 yards and the following carry for 5 yards. Jacobs comes out of the game for Ward, and they go empty backfield in a shotgun formation. They throw a screen to Ward that falls incomplete. An incomplete pass on third down and they settle for another field goal, putting the Giants ahead by a point. I really got discouraged after this series. This was a great chance to retake the momentum and hit the Eagles in the mouth. I knew this game would be a battle and I thought Jacobs was the key to winning and I believed he could have a big game, especially after hearing how fired up he was all week leading up to Sunday. 19 carries simply wasn't enough.

can't disagree w/ this. at the end of the first half jacobs had 9 carries and ward had 7. im sorry ward's a nice little player but this should not be an even split. we should not have jacobs out for entire series in a playoff game like we saw in the first half. the playcalling and packages were a joke

Agreed. Welcome.

and significant role players like Kawika Mitchell lost to free agency.

I never thought we'd miss Kawika as much as we did this year. When he left, I was thinking "meh, oh well. plug someone else in". I was definitely wrong there. Something we really missed that he brought to the table was his excellent blitzing ability. The dude was able to get through on his blitzes so easily. Clark couldn't do shit.

After the Robbins interception(great play on Fred's part. He's a real unsung hero on this defense.)

Holy shit! While the game sucked, this pick was classic. Made me laugh my ass off when he came away with the ball and started chuggin down the field.

and welcome aboard RunIt. good name you chose. i totally agree!

I never thought we'd miss Kawika as much as we did this year. When he left, I was thinking "meh, oh well. plug someone else in". I was definitely wrong there. Something we really missed that he brought to the table was his excellent blitzing ability. The dude was able to get through on his blitzes so easily. Clark couldn't do shit.

Yeah Kawika was an actual starting LB that we had beside Pierce, no offense to Blackburn but the kid should stay on ST where he is a beast.

The other LBs we have COULD develope into starters but at this moment they are all back ups at this point. We need to draft some kid in the first round who can come in and make an immediate impact...preferably a LB who can cover the TE or RB. With a first round LB and Pierce holding down the LB position we can let all the other LBs fight it out for the last spot and have the rest for depth.