SportsWrath

To all Giants fans...

so-cal dub

Keep your heads up. It was a tough game, and a hard loss to swallow, however dont forget what a fun season we had. It's not the end of the world. We were Champions last year, when most teams cant say they were ever. Lets look forward to next season and expect the same hard fought winning battles. It could be worse, we could be Cowboy fans... :P

True. This is tough. All losses are tough, but at least we have a SB Championship and a good season to be proud of. And many more. Just be glad you guys dont have new Cardinal fans popping up everywhere. :rolleyes: Everyone of them ready to give me shit. <_<

True. This is tough. All losses are tough, but at least we have a SB Championship and a good season to be proud of. And many more. Just be glad you guys dont have new Cardinal fans popping up everywhere. :rolleyes: Everyone of them ready to give me shit. <_<

As of right now, I'm the biggest temporary Cardinals fan ever. ;)

If the Vikes actually had a QB we would have pulled the red feathers off of those lamesters. Of all the teams we had to face it had to be the fucking Eagles. Someone please teach Eli how to throw in Giants Stadium during the winter.

As of right now, I'm the biggest temporary Cardinals fan ever. ;)

I am too. But what I mean is, they dont wish me luck, or understand that I've been rooting for the same team forever, they just refer to themselves as "die hards" and say they hate NY. When we are not in their way, a threat to them any longer, etc. Its ridiculous the way alot of sports fans think down here. Anyone 20 yrs old or older had a different team before the Cards came. And now they dont acknowledge that and just give me crap for not rooting for the home team. Fuck them. I hope the Yankees regain greatness and the DBacks suck so I can have some type of redemption. :brooding:

If the Vikes actually had a QB we would have pulled the red feathers off of those lamesters. Of all the teams we had to face it had to be the fucking Eagles. Someone please teach Eli how to throw in Giants Stadium during the winter.

The Eagles didn't beat us; The Old Eli and Clueless Kev beat us.

Keep your heads up. It was a tough game, and a hard loss to swallow, however dont forget what a fun season we had. It's not the end of the world. We were Champions last year, when most teams cant say they were ever. Lets look forward to next season and expect the same hard fought winning battles. It could be worse, we could be Cowboy fans... :P

You know, I wouldn't be so down if we lost in an honorable way. We were so fucking outcoached and everyone saw that WHILE THE GAME was in progress. We're not talking hindsight here. The Eagles didn't beat us. They couldn't generate any offensive if their lives depeneded on it. And what do we do in the last 2 min of the first half? Prevent defense...

Gilbride flat out sucks.. and the eagles are who we thought they were. Ashanti Samshit is one fucking clown too.

Giants loss this game...the egirls didn't win it....1st and 5 and he throws 3 fucking times when you have a running back averaging 4+ yards a carry against a defense that 8 in the box. Who was claling our fucking plays out there Andy Fucking Reid

This was a tough game to watch, for many reasons. First, the game just sucked. It was boring and sloppy for both teams. Adverse weather conditions be damned. Second, we lost to the fucking eagles. i'm about to go postal down here in philly today.

Things to take away from the game/season:

1. We need some LBs. Pierce, ugh, I hope has played his last game as a Giant. He takes a fucking face mask/roughing/ and/or holding penalty every frickin game. He's slow as shit. Yes, I know he QBs the D, but at what point is the guy a liability on D? His talking before games is also getting old. STFU and play "AP"..... I suppose it's not necessary to upgrade the MLB position immediately, but Pierce has got to shut his fucking mouth and stop taking penalties. He's killing us with this shit. 3 penalties yesterday? get the fuck out of here.

We have to get a couple OLBs. This theory that Spags D doesn't require good OLBs is bullshit. Give me some LBs that can blitz and cover a TE. we need more speed here.

2. Eli needs to work on his arm strength. Every pass he threw yesterday was a duck, be it with or against the wind. McNabb had no probs throwing the intermediate routes, and the passes were spirals! If Eli can't throw in Giants Stadium in December/January, then really, what's the point? But, that's a gameplan problem which brings me to.....

3. Gilbride. I hate this motherfucker. he proved he can call a game during the aplyoffs last year, but this year he went right back to his usual bullshit. here is the Gilbride gameplan:

1st down: pass (usually ends in an incompletion)

2nd down: usually ends up being 2nd and 10, WE ALWAYS FUCKING RUN THE BALL!!!! goddammit, that pisses me off, the D knows it's coming, and here comes 3rd and 8 or 9.

3rd down: 30 yard incomplete pass down field when we need 8 for a first.

Now, I realize the Gilbride apologists will say "But we run 50% of the time! How much more are we suppose to run the ball! We had 2 1000 yard rushers! YAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!" FUCK THAT. It has nothing to do with percentages. It has everything to do with WHEN you run. Gilbride has no clue how to set up the pass via the run. Instead it seems he tries to set up the run via the pass which is a formula for failure. You don't win football in January like that!!!! However, Gilbride isn't going anywhere, so I'll hope he can get his act together like he did ini the SB run last year.

4. WR. If Plax is getting 90 days or less, I fully expect him back on the team next year. If not..... I don't know. Boldin doesn't seem like a WR that can stretch the field. TJ Howhatever.... I simply haven't seen enough of him. Whatever happens, I DO NOT want a WR drafted in the first 2 rounds unless it's a total can't miss stud.

Anyways..... We get Osi back next year. That's good. Coming off an injury, he'll be in no position to try to renegotiate a deal so that be good. Our DEs were totally spent, and it showed. The team is still very young, and we should be able to make a run for the next fews years. I still think we're one of the top 2 teams in the NFC. The rest of the conference doesn't impress me at all. We'll be champs again next year.

like i said, they had a least a year of goodwill w/ me after last season. they could do whatever they want and im not goig to take the loss that hard. that was a really really tough game to watch though. they picked a bad day to have their worst game of the season

AA: Agreed with the goodwill. But dude, not winning the SB never entered my mind this year.... until we didn't punch it in for a TD on that first drive yesterday! That was the first time all year I was like "Oh shit..... I have doubts and don't think we're gonna get past this game." I'm still in total shock over this loss... very disappointed... but, I know we'll be back next year and hey, we're still champs for 3 more weeks!

AA: Agreed with the goodwill. But dude, not winning the SB never entered my mind this year.... until we didn't punch it in for a TD on that first drive yesterday! That was the first time all year I was like "Oh shit..... I have doubts and don't think we're gonna get past this game." I'm still in total shock over this loss... very disappointed... but, I know we'll be back next year and hey, we're still champs for 3 more weeks!

yeah thta's the thing, i knew this would be a tough game and i was prepared for a loss but good god they played like shit. i wasn't prepared for such a stinker on their part. so i ended up being pissed off for about an hour but i got over it much faster than i've gotten over playoff defeats in the past. i have faith that jerry reese will fix our holes and make sure we have everything coughlin needs to get us back to this position again next year....though i think we'd be better off as the 5 or 6 seed <_<

Question: would Vilma be an good option at MLB if we cut Pierce? I honestly don't know enough about the guy to make an educated guess. All I know is he is a 4-3 MLB. Anyone have an opinion on this?

Pierce is better than Vilma

It would not surprise me if the Giants the LB position in round one

Pierce is better than Vilma

It would not surprise me if the Giants the LB position in round one

it would surprise me--not becuase we dont need one, but we've needed one for years and we keep neglecting it in the early rounds of the draft

I know it was cold, but some of Elis throws.....wtf? And Kevin Killdrive, wtf? Brandons running effectively and you PASS THE FUCKIN BALL?

Really? Drive killers (notice the runs):

1st drive:

1-10-PHI 11 (12:15) 27-B.Jacobs right tackle to PHI 9 for 2 yards (20-B.Dawkins).

2-8-PHI 9 (11:39) 27-B.Jacobs right tackle to PHI 9 for no gain (98-M.Patterson, 95-V.Abiamiri).

3-8-PHI 9 (10:53) (Shotgun) 10-E.Manning pass short left to 34-D.Ward to PHI 4 for 5 yards (55-S.Bradley).

4-3-PHI 4 (10:05) 5-J.Carney 22 yard field goal is GOOD, Center-93-J.Alford, Holder-18-J.Feagles.

run-run-pass-punt

1-10-NYG 34 (3:53) 34-D.Ward right tackle to NYG 34 for no gain (95-V.Abiamiri).

2-10-NYG 34 (3:05) 34-D.Ward left tackle to NYG 35 for 1 yard (55-S.Bradley, 58-T.Cole).

3-9-NYG 35 (2:20) (Shotgun) 10-E.Manning pass incomplete deep right to 81-A.Toomer.

Again

1-10-NYG 47 (15:00) 27-B.Jacobs right tackle to NYG 49 for 2 yards (98-M.Patterson, 93-T.Laws).

2-8-NYG 49 (14:27) 27-B.Jacobs left end to 50 for 1 yard (57-C.Gocong).

3-7- (13:41) (Shotgun) 10-E.Manning pass incomplete deep left to 12-S.Smith.

The Fateful Sneak

1-10-NYG 35 (14:21) 27-B.Jacobs right guard to NYG 40 for 5 yards (20-B.Dawkins, 55-S.Bradley).

2-5-NYG 40 (13:44) (Shotgun) 27-B.Jacobs right guard to NYG 42 for 2 yards (55-S.Bradley, 58-T.Cole).

3-3-NYG 42 (13:03) (Shotgun) 34-D.Ward left tackle to NYG 44 for 2 yards (20-B.Dawkins). New York Giants challenged the runner was down by contact ruling, and the play was Upheld. (Timeout #2.)

4-1-NYG 44 (12:39) 10-E.Manning up the middle to NYG 44 for no gain (98-M.Patterson, 97-B.Bunkley).

Even when the game is dire he still tried runs:

1-10-NYG 39 (8:31) (Shotgun) 10-E.Manning pass short middle to 81-A.Toomer to NYG 45 for 6 yards (55-S.Bradley).

2-4-NYG 45 (8:05) (No Huddle, Shotgun) 27-B.Jacobs left end to NYG 47 for 2 yards (20-B.Dawkins).

3-2-NYG 47 (7:24) (Shotgun) 34-D.Ward right end to NYG 47 for no gain (75-J.Parker, 56-A.Jordan). Direct Snap.

4-2-NYG 47 (6:40) 27-B.Jacobs right guard to NYG 48 for 1 yard (97-B.Bunkley, 55-S.Bradley).

Really? Drive killers (notice the runs):

1st drive:

1-10-PHI 11 (12:15) 27-B.Jacobs right tackle to PHI 9 for 2 yards (20-B.Dawkins).

2-8-PHI 9 (11:39) 27-B.Jacobs right tackle to PHI 9 for no gain (98-M.Patterson, 95-V.Abiamiri).

3-8-PHI 9 (10:53) (Shotgun) 10-E.Manning pass short left to 34-D.Ward to PHI 4 for 5 yards (55-S.Bradley).

4-3-PHI 4 (10:05) 5-J.Carney 22 yard field goal is GOOD, Center-93-J.Alford, Holder-18-J.Feagles.

run-run-pass-punt

1-10-NYG 34 (3:53) 34-D.Ward right tackle to NYG 34 for no gain (95-V.Abiamiri).

2-10-NYG 34 (3:05) 34-D.Ward left tackle to NYG 35 for 1 yard (55-S.Bradley, 58-T.Cole).

3-9-NYG 35 (2:20) (Shotgun) 10-E.Manning pass incomplete deep right to 81-A.Toomer.

Again

1-10-NYG 47 (15:00) 27-B.Jacobs right tackle to NYG 49 for 2 yards (98-M.Patterson, 93-T.Laws).

2-8-NYG 49 (14:27) 27-B.Jacobs left end to 50 for 1 yard (57-C.Gocong).

3-7- (13:41) (Shotgun) 10-E.Manning pass incomplete deep left to 12-S.Smith.

The Fateful Sneak

1-10-NYG 35 (14:21) 27-B.Jacobs right guard to NYG 40 for 5 yards (20-B.Dawkins, 55-S.Bradley).

2-5-NYG 40 (13:44) (Shotgun) 27-B.Jacobs right guard to NYG 42 for 2 yards (55-S.Bradley, 58-T.Cole).

3-3-NYG 42 (13:03) (Shotgun) 34-D.Ward left tackle to NYG 44 for 2 yards (20-B.Dawkins). New York Giants challenged the runner was down by contact ruling, and the play was Upheld. (Timeout #2.)

4-1-NYG 44 (12:39) 10-E.Manning up the middle to NYG 44 for no gain (98-M.Patterson, 97-B.Bunkley).

Even when the game is dire he still tried runs:

1-10-NYG 39 (8:31) (Shotgun) 10-E.Manning pass short middle to 81-A.Toomer to NYG 45 for 6 yards (55-S.Bradley).

2-4-NYG 45 (8:05) (No Huddle, Shotgun) 27-B.Jacobs left end to NYG 47 for 2 yards (20-B.Dawkins).

3-2-NYG 47 (7:24) (Shotgun) 34-D.Ward right end to NYG 47 for no gain (75-J.Parker, 56-A.Jordan). Direct Snap.

4-2-NYG 47 (6:40) 27-B.Jacobs right guard to NYG 48 for 1 yard (97-B.Bunkley, 55-S.Bradley).

Huh would you look at that. I didn't think we we're running as much.

Yup, we ran the ball. Just just ran it when we should pass, and pass when we should run. Would it fucking kill Gilbride to call a run on 1st down? No, call a run EVERY SINGLE TIME WE HAVE A 2nd AND 10 INSTEAD!!!!!!!! Holy shit I'm so sick of this crap. Where is Buddy Ryan when you need him?!?!?!

Yup, we ran the ball. Just just ran it when we should pass, and pass when we should run. Would it fucking kill Gilbride to call a run on 1st down? No, call a run EVERY SINGLE TIME WE HAVE A 2nd AND 10 INSTEAD!!!!!!!! Holy shit I'm so sick of this crap. Where is Buddy Ryan when you need him?!?!?!

I thought the exact opposite. I though we we're running to much on first down and passing on every second.

Oh come on!! They were the better team on the day.

My point was that we beat ourselves with poor execution and playcalling on offense. Of course the Eagles were better on the day because we fucking stank. I don't think there's many teams in the NFL that WOULDN'T have beaten that effort.

i agree with tree. the eagles didn't exactly play their best game yesterday. both teams were pretty crappy, we were just way crappier

The Giants couldn't execute when it mattered and that's why I am not sure why everybody is blaming Gilbride. There were many first down runs that were for minimal gain. It's great to get a 24 yard run but inside the read zone none of the backs or Eli could get the hard yards needed. Gilbride or not the Giants weren't going to win this game.

we didn't execute very well, but gilbride's playcalling still sucked. the guy didn't give us a chance to win even if they executed better. two straight draws, direct snap to ward, leaving jacobs out for entire series in the first half. giving jacobs/ward almost an even split on carries in the 1st half. that shit is inexcusable