SportsWrath

Kevin Gilbride

Lughead

you would think. money asked a good question. if not gilbride, who? strangely, it went unanswered.

I don't see that post but here,

how about Josh McDaniels OC of the Pat's? Not sure what his contract is with the Pat's right now but teams like the Broncos are looking at him for a HC

I mean if say if we loose Gil and Spag's cause if Spag's goes he may go to the Bronco's (who are also looking at McDaniels) word has it Jet's are now looking at Billik

Oh that's right you have your finger on the Al's pulse or lack there of .... Damn I forgot about that I should of known not to post that , My bad.

Damn you Raider nation, Damn your Smoke and Mirrors tactics :TD:

Ok, can I make fun of you here without you banning me? :bye:

:P

Ah the gilbride apologists are back.

Tell me what good is balance when you lose?

I guess you learned nothing from the Carolina game.

I don't know what the big fuss is about. Sure, Gilbride hasn't been perfect but Allah's sake last I checked we were 12-3 in games that counted. Sure there were times when I was yelling at the TV for Gilbride to just run the damn ball but again.. we know Gilbride isn't perfect. Just who would you rather have back there? Didn't half of our OLine was sick or injured in one of these losses? Didn't miss Jacobs for a game more two.. and some half games?

most organizations would keep these things private. what sense does it make, even if it were true, to publicize this?

oh yes, it's so lughead can continue his uninformed vendetta. you showed your true colors by the headline you chose. which has nothing to do with the story. if you keep up with those kind of headlines, i don't think you are moderate enough to be a mod.

That's kind of harsh, isn't it? Not for nothing, but who here hasn't kept up with those kinds of headlines at some point, and even posted a thread about that kind of headline, be it a member or a MOD.

You are right though, the Raiders are like the dysfunctional redheaded step child the last few years. We all know about dysfunction though.......don't we?

Oh, and while Gilbride is no hall of fame OC, he did co-ordinate us to (and win) the superbowl, and a 12-4 record this year (just for you VG). He does give up on the run, and he is pass happy, but as long as we have Velcro on our helmets, who cares? We're winners, and I love you all.

Pardon me while I take the rest of my meds.

And I like how in the Gillbride arguments, his "supporters" always say he led us to a 12 and 4 record.

He's not perfect, but explain to me why people want him gone when he's the OC of record for a successful superbowl drive and a follow-up season that has us in the first seed? An Offensive Coordinator of one of the top offenses in the league (which, incidentally, has been ranked consistently higher than our defense), and the number one rushing offense all season--which he somehow managed to achieve while not "running enough."

He's got a banged up tackle, a banged up RB who drives the rest of the running game, a WR that decided to shoot himself, and a replacement for said WR that was playing with a sore ankle. And that's only the stuff we know about. The only time in the past four games that our running game was truly what it has been over most of the season (playing with the same run/pass ratio) was when he had Jacobs available. Blaming him for these losses is like blaming Spags for our defense giving up big plays over that same span while completely ignoring injuries to Robbins, Cofield, and Tuck.

In the meantime, his game plans have helped us win, and we've done that convincingly against a murderer's row of opponents. Show me a team in this league that wouldn't have gone .500 or worse over the last 10 games we played this season. His game plans dominated two of the best defenses in the league, and they've helped keep us in first place throughout this year. I'm not stating that the offense is solely responsible for our wins, but there's no way this gets done with a supposedly incompetent OC.

And still, that's not good enough for some people on this board. Not you, VG, but go back through this thread and tell me that there isn't some unreasonable arguments going on here.

It's like some people are pining for a Ron Earhardt offense (run, run, pass, punt--do you younger guys have any idea how many three and outs there were in that offense?), when this team is capable of so much more.

It's an unfair question, it's be easy to pick an OC from another team with a successful offense, but those types of moves rarely happen, an successful OC will likely either go to a head coaching position or stay at his current position.

So the people who get open OC or DC positions are usually failed head coaches or fired coordinators, or position coaches. Since I don't see Brian Billick taking the OC job, and don't want Martz, I am not privy to the vast knowledge needed to look at every teams position coaches and decide out of that group who best fits out team and who has the ability to lead an entire offense.

It's an unfair question, it's be easy to pick an OC from another team with a successful offense, but those types of moves rarely happen, an successful OC will likely either go to a head coaching position or stay at his current position.

So the people who get open OC or DC positions are usually failed head coaches or fired coordinators, or position coaches. Since I don't see Brian Billick taking the OC job, and don't want Martz, I am not privy to the vast knowledge needed to look at every teams position coaches and decide out of that group who best fits out team and who has the ability to lead an entire offense.

Not to mention the 100's of NCAA headcoaches and coordinators.

It doesn't mean there's not a better OC out there.

I really think Gilbride gets too much credit. Any coordinator would look good with our running game (except Martz), and our passing offense is middle of the pack (17th).

I do not want the guy fired, but I've said it many times, it wouldn't hurt my feelings if he left us of his own accord.

Don't let the door smack you on the way out.

I can't believe that interview is giving him credit for the Giants rushing attack...which is solely based on an excellent offensive line and 3 outstanding running backs, because he doesn't use them nearly enough.

The success of our running game isn't a precondition of the offense. They're successful because of the coaching and the scheming.

The success of our running game isn't a precondition of the offense. They're successful because of the coaching and the scheming.

Stop trying to make sense because it won't work. When the D plays well it's the genius of Spanuolo and not the players but if the O plays well it's because the players are so good but not Gilbride. Many posters here seem to forget that it goes both ways, the pass sets up the run just as much as the run sets up the pass. As Fish pointed out run, run, pass is a bad idea and pass, run, pass isn't much worse. The fact is that Gilbride is a very balanced play caller and that's what wins games. Load the box and pass, start dropping DBs back and it's Ward for 40+ yards. Gilbride is just the Rodney Dangerfield of the Giants to many posters on this MB.

Not to mention the 100's of NCAA headcoaches and coordinators.

It doesn't mean there's not a better OC out there.

I really think Gilbride gets too much credit. Any coordinator would look good with our running game (except Martz), and our passing offense is middle of the pack (17th).

I do not want the guy fired, but I've said it many times, it wouldn't hurt my feelings if he left us of his own accord.

With the total yards we have amassed on the ground and overall all points scored if our passing offense was anything more than middle of the pack we would actually be a record setting offense. IMO thats nitpicking and when you are so good on the ground your passing offense will obviously suffer statistically.

I was thinking about this today and one area of concern with Gilbride that IMO is a very viable beef is red zone(green zone as the HC calls it) offense. We have been inside the 20 69 times and have only 35 td's. For me I would like to see the play calling(and execution because one works with the other) in the red zone improve this playoff season.

With the total yards we have amassed on the ground and overall all points scored if our passing offense was anything more than middle of the pack we would actually be a record setting offense. IMO thats nitpicking and when you are so good on the ground your passing offense will obviously suffer statistically.

I was thinking about this today and one area of concern with Gilbride that IMO is a very viable beef is red zone(green zone as the HC calls it) offense. We have been inside the 20 69 times and have only 35 td's. For me I would like to see the play calling(and execution because one works with the other) in the red zone improve this playoff season.

A good running game doesn't hurt your passing game in the stats, unless you're looking at nothing but yards. But even still, as you guys enjoy pointing out, we're about 50/50 so one shouldn't adversely affect the other. It should make it better though, and does.

Red zone is another bitch. I think we're ranked 20th in red zone scoring %.

i agree with this- however, he came thru on red zone calls in the playoffs last year after a similar drought during the season so i'm confident he will again.

Stop trying to make sense because it won't work. When the D plays well it's the genius of Spanuolo and not the players but if the O plays well it's because the players are so good but not Gilbride. Many posters here seem to forget that it goes both ways, the pass sets up the run just as much as the run sets up the pass. As Fish pointed out run, run, pass is a bad idea and pass, run, pass isn't much worse. The fact is that Gilbride is a very balanced play caller and that's what wins games. Load the box and pass, start dropping DBs back and it's Ward for 40+ yards. Gilbride is just the Rodney Dangerfield of the Giants to many posters on this MB.

Bullshit, thats just false. Those of us who are Gillbrides harshest critics always give credit when he sticks to the run first philosophy and doesn't get scared when we're behind by a few points.

And we're not above saying Spags hasn't done an up to snuff job when the D implodes.

Bullshit, thats just false. Those of us who are Gillbrides harshest critics always give credit when he sticks to the run first philosophy and doesn't get scared when we're behind by a few points.

And we're not above saying Spags hasn't done an up to snuff job when the D implodes.

I think the key difference between the two is track records and consistency. There are never any "OMG SPAGS!!!" topics when a player like Westbrook runs circles around the defense not only because that is what West will do but also because it isn't something we expect. Not making the correct adjustments to counter Westbrook or a similar situation is something we are certainly too forgiving of. But as Giants fans we have come to expect a player like Westbrook to ruin our afternoons. Too see the offense being totally mismanaged...that is something we are also used to but it is something that can be controlled.