SportsWrath

Kevin Gilbride

Lughead

No VG but this idea of being 55% to 45% is assinine and makes no sense. Factoring in a 2nd and 6 holding penalty would alone make that number impossible because how many teams consistently run and pick up first downs via the run on a 2nd and 16 or 3rd and 20?

The 50/50 number is IMO where one wants to be. Can we nitpcik certain series? sure every team can, but to trash the gameplan like people do here for a team that avareged 29 points/game and set an all time franchise rushing record is silly IMO.

Not just certain series, but certain games. I firmly believe we lost the second Eagles game because we didn't run enough, and it was working relatively well, well enough that we could have leaned on it a helluva lot more than we did.

I think we were pretty lucky in the Skins game, in the rain throwing it that much, luckily the receivers were catching good passes from Eli and the Skins were in suck mode.

And i think we would have won the Browns game, but we got behind early and Gillbride had Eli chucking it, and it was a close game until the fourth quarter. The running game was awesome that night...24 carries and 168 yards from the running backs. Yet in the first half alone we threw the ball 18 times to 7 rushes despite never being down more than 10 points.

Thats not balance, thats Gillbride getting ansy and getting away from the bread and butter.

In the Dallas game, we were down 7 - 3 going tino the 4th quarter and still managed to have the ultra balanced attack of 35 passes to 17 rushes.

No, dude, he's calling me names too. Plus, he can't read. Dumbasses can't read.

I did not call you a name, I called you angry and like I have suspected and said before, to have that much vented up anger at your age on a MB is sad. I feel bad for you.

BTW, anytime someone disagrees with your assesment does not mean they cannot read. We get it that you feel you are misunderstood, we can all read it we just think it makes no sense.

I meant Washington, but I'm pretty sure we didn't throw for 300 at the cards.

Let's see we could try running at Dawkins with our biggest offensive threat (and soften him up for fresh legs), or we could force 'balance' and get the same results we got 4 weeks ago.

I mean Washington too sorry and I think I kind of knew you did thats why I said that.

Not just certain series, but certain games. I firmly believe we lost the second Eagles game because we didn't run enough, and it was working relatively well, well enough that we could have leaned on it a helluva lot more than we did.

I think we were pretty lucky in the Skins game, in the rain throwing it that much, luckily the receivers were catching good passes from Eli and the Skins were in suck mode.

And i think we would have won the Browns game, but we got behind early and Gillbride had Eli chucking it, and it was a close game until the fourth quarter. The running game was awesome that night...24 carries and 168 yards from the running backs. Yet in the first half alone we threw the ball 18 times to 7 rushes despite never being down more than 10 points.

Thats not balance, thats Gillbride getting ansy and getting away from the bread and butter.

In the Dallas game, we were down 7 - 3 going tino the 4th quarter and still managed to have the ultra balanced attack of 35 passes to 17 rushes.

There is no doubt the Dallas game was a very bad plan and only reinforces for me how important Jacobs is. Ward was doing very little that night. I almost wish Ware got some touches that night.

As for Cleveland that whole game was an anomoly from top to bottom. It was just a mulligan. I would say the 500 yards the defense nearly gave up had a lot to do with it as well as the ints

No thanks I will pass I do not "NEED" a lesson. After all these year you don't think that Gilbride would want to become a head coach again ? I can see him reaching out for a job but just cause he chose to talk to the Raiders does that mean the Squirrely Raiders fabricated the story that "Gil called them they didn't call Gil" ? We will see in the Future .

most organizations would keep these things private. what sense does it make, even if it were true, to publicize this?

oh yes, it's so lughead can continue his uninformed vendetta. you showed your true colors by the headline you chose. which has nothing to do with the story. if you keep up with those kind of headlines, i don't think you are moderate enough to be a mod.

Not for nothing, but Al Davis has always been a proponent of downfield passing and power running, just like the Giants. My guess is his people suggested Gilbride.

BTW no matter who the offensive coordinator is this is how the team is gonna be, its what TC wants and its what it was with Hufnagel and what it will be if Gilbride leaves. You guys are placing way too much stock in the OC and not enough on the HC, Coughlin approves the gameplans and has overriding choices on everything they do. You want to blame Gilbride blame TC as well. TC is an offensive coach and his imprints are all over this offense from personnel to gameplanning to play calling.

No one is apologizing for Gilbride, he is what he is and thats the Offensive coordinator of the most balanced offense in the NFC. Its that simple.

That son of a bitch coached this offense to 12-4. If we had a real offensive coordinator we would have won the superbowl already! :furious:

There is no doubt the Dallas game was a very bad plan and only reinforces for me how important Jacobs is. Ward was doing very little that night. I almost wish Ware got some touches that night.

As for Cleveland that whole game was an anomoly from top to bottom. It was just a mulligan. I would say the 500 yards the defense nearly gave up had a lot to do with it as well as the ints

That Clevland game was very winnable, if they would have stuck to running the ball, keep the defense off the field, wear down the Browns D, move the chains, we would have won that game, instead we played right into their hands, after the first INT we played back yard ball and left our D on the field.

That Clevland game was very winnable, if they would have stuck to running the ball, keep the defense off the field, wear down the Browns D, move the chains, we would have won that game, instead we played right into their hands, after the first INT we played back yard ball and left our D on the field.

I actually think that the Browns were desperate, the Giants were bored and for whatever reason they did not come to play. It was what it was and in essence did not cost them anything and if anything maybe woke them up to the tune of 7 straight wins, some over some big time teams.

Not for nothing, but Al Davis has always been a proponent of downfield passing and power running, just like the Giants. My guess is his people suggested Gilbride.

i don't know what 'not for nothing' means but you are most likely correct. my thing is why does spags get a 'please don't go' for doing the same thing?

That son of a bitch coached this offense to 12-4. If we had a real offensive coordinator we would have won the superbowl already! :furious:

See, this is where the debate always goes, just like politics, extreme right and extreme left. I'm perfectly happy with Gillbride when he stays within the proven game plan. But the man has serious brain cramps and flat out costs us games.

Again, God forbin we go into half time down a td or 10 poinst against the Eagles next week, especially if the wind is kicking like the last Eagles game. Because if we're not in the lead and the wind is whipping, thats a perfect storm for the Gillbride aerial assault.

i don't know what 'not for nothing' means but you are most likely correct. my thing is why does spags get a 'please don't go' for doing the same thing?

not for nothing = sort of like an explanation to a happening :P Simpler terms, someone told Davis about what the Giants do a scout a personnel guy whatever and he became interested in Gilbride. He will not hire him.

Spags sadly will go, hopefully there is a guy on the staff that will keep this system in place.

most organizations would keep these things private. what sense does it make, even if it were true, to publicize this?

oh yes, it's so lughead can continue his uninformed vendetta. you showed your true colors by the headline you chose. which has nothing to do with the story. if you keep up with those kind of headlines, i don't think you are moderate enough to be a mod.

oh the DRAMA :P

I guess I should get my resignation ready I'll have it sent to nem within the fortnight :(

you would think. money asked a good question. if not gilbride, who? strangely, it went unanswered.

Coughlin calling plays? He says he does not like to do that too as it takes away from his abiliy to manage the overall game. My guess is its Chris Palmer.

And I like how in the Gillbride arguments, his "supporters" always say he led us to a 12 and 4 record.

no drama, just my opinion. go ahead and make fun.

Look, I may of gone overboard with my dislike for the way some games where handled by Gilbride . Calling for him to get the Axe and whatever. You and everyone here will have to admit there was some questionable play calling in some games /Series /halves But as VG Said and I agree at Times he just Brainfarts. Sorry If I "OFFENDED" anyone.

Anyway Do you not think Gilbride would want out of New York to take a head coaching job? Ya want me to fix the Title?

oh and BTW I know Oakland Is a fruit-loopy Organization And I should of known they would say "stuff" so as it would be in their favor . And with that I will leave you this link.

I trust Chris Mortensen More than I do John Herrera just read it about 20 min ago.

So sorry If I ruffled some feathers .