SportsWrath

Now that the Yankees picked up 3 stars....

Guest StrahansGap

I'm surprised they paid Texeira as much as they did. After all, they were his "first choice all along" (I'm sure if the Orioles were willing to pony up $225 million, he still would've had a tough decision in front of him, what with his love of Don Mattingly and everything), and- get this- his wife said, "I want you to be a Yankee." And you know how much Scott Boras values the wife's input in these negotiations. Oh yeah, I almost forgot- Brian Cashman was a super nice guy to him during the negotiations, too (translation- he wrote a lot of 0s on a check).

but he did wear a yankee cap to oriole games when he was growing up. (yea right, elaine benes)

I think the Yankees were overspending when they were handing out some of those goddamn awful contracts of theirs. Now they're handing out contracts which are at least a bit more reasonable. I remember arguing about the Yankees' spending in high school...but eh, let them be. I agree that the small market teams are killing baseball. There should be some sort of loyalty test for all baseball owners...something simple like naming all the players on your own team or at least exhibiting some general knowledge of the sport.

Padres aren't nearly as much of a waste as the Florida Marlins though. They find a way to compete every year and are fucked no matter what they do. They win two World Series since...what, '97, and are still equally fucked!

But to tell you the truth, for some reason, I think that this is going to be an incredibly competitive year throughout baseball. Maybe I'm just thinking about the AL East, which is going to be tough, but I feel like the sport has proven it's parity and will continue to produce surprise teams every year. What the sport needs though is for those surprise teams to continue to compete.

I'm still laughing about the Red Sox getting pwned by the rays.

There are two things that are true, jealous ass slurs will continue to do the payroll chant which is irrelebant. Everyone of those chimps would have their team spend whatever it took in a second. Just can't care what ignorant trash thinks.

Second, the Red Sox Nation are the lowest form of fucked up garbage know to man.

• 2 weeks later...

Baseball ended for me in 2004, when the red sox won. It then became more of a money war between the Red Sox and Yankees, then a war on the field, the rivalry honestly has become stale. They don't even hate each other anymore, you see the players laughing and talking before and after the game, never seen that before. When the Yankees win, they buy world series, when the Red Sox they buy world series it's become about who can spend more

Baseball ended for me in 2004, when the red sox won. It then became more of a money war between the Red Sox and Yankees, then a war on the field, the rivalry honestly has become stale. They don't even hate each other anymore, you see the players laughing and talking before and after the game, never seen that before. When the Yankees win, they buy world series, when the Red Sox they buy world series it's become about who can spend more

Joba Chamberlain throwing at Kevin Youkilis' head multiple times helps