SportsWrath

LOL

RandolphScott

The expectations for the Dallas Cowboys are high and everyone knows it.

"Certainly our goal is win it all," coach Wade Phillips said. "Get your ring finger ready, that's right."

Now that the mini-camps and off-season training sessions have ended, its time for the Cowboys to focus on training camp.

"I think the players are really looking forward to this year, as am I and I think the fans are, I think everybody is looking forward to this season," Phillips said.

But before they can even think about the regular season, there will be more than seven weeks of hard work, including four preseason games as the Cowboys try to live up to those preseason expectations.

"I think we've established ourselves as a, or at least on paper, that we're a contender," Phillips said. "Still, we've got a long ways to go, but it's nice to be there than the other situation where your trying to say hey, 'you know boy if they finish .500, they have a good year.' Those kind of things. I think we've passed that, I think."

Dallas hasn't won a playoff game since December 1996, but a 13-3 season last year, has them thinking championship.

"There is a lot of excitement, a lot of anticipation, a lot of lofty goals, but that's what you want," Phillips said. "That's what we want. We want to be contenders, we want them to say hey they are going to be good, and then we've got to produce. And that's what we're going to do."

So what kind of Camp should fans expect?

Coach Wade Phillips at mini-camp in June.

"I don't think it will be Camp Marshmallow, Camp Cupcake I know, it's Marshmallow this year," Phillips said.

Camp Marshmallow, Camp Cupcake, none of those terms sound like a hard hitting, brutal training camp.

So while he won't have his players playing touch football, Phillips does believe that here is no use proving that you can hit somebody until you start playing games that actually count.

Visit My Website

Wade Phillips is a HORRIBLE football coach. This is the same guy that started Rob Johnson over Doug Flutie against Tennessee in the playoffs with Buffalo. We all know how that turned out.

You know I really like Flutie, he was a hell of a football player and the guy gave 110% of himself to the game. Yet every coach he had couldnt get over his height "He was to small blah blah blah"

I loved watching him play in the CFL..he could always throw a hail mary pass 60+ yards.

He could of been great in the NFL, if only he had a team that would of supported him.

You know I really like Flutie, he was a hell of a football player and the guy gave 110% of himself to the game. Yet every coach he had couldnt get over his height "He was to small blah blah blah"

I loved watching him play in the CFL..he could always throw a hail mary pass 60+ yards.

He could of been great in the NFL, if only he had a team that would of supported him.

The guy proved everybody wrong more than once and STILL got shit on.

You know I really like Flutie, he was a hell of a football player and the guy gave 110% of himself to the game. Yet every coach he had couldn't get over his height "He was to small blah blah blah"

He was a little bitter about his Buffalo benching and I don't blame him. He said once that he built them a new stadium and they still bench him after one mediocre season, for that super star Johnson no less. You'd think that with all the tickets he sold that he would have been a Bill for life. Blank may have been an idiot for constantly paying Vick but he sold tickets and it is a business. Buffalo ownership unfortunately skipped the business 101 class and now are playing games in Toronto to make money. :rolleyes: