SportsWrath

Giants vs Colts First Sunday night football game of season

jranieli

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football...8p-341726c.html

It's Manning vs. Manning

BY GARY MYERS

DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. — Eli vs. Peyton didn't happen in the Super Bowl, but it will happen the first week of the 2006 season in the prime-time Sunday night opener on Sept. 10 at Giants Stadium.

The Daily News learned today that the NFL, going for some early drama, has picked the Manning Brothers to be the featured attraction of the first Sunday of the season on NBC’s new package. The Mannings have never faced each other in high school, college or the NFL. It figures to be an anxious night for Archie Manning, who tries to attend as many of his quarterback sons’ games as possible.

The Giants, who won the NFC East, and Colts, who won the AFC South, were a potential Super Bowl matchup going into the playoffs. But the Giants lost in the wild-card round and then the Colts, who opened the season 13-0, lost in the divisional round after a first-round bye.

The Colts and Giants play every four years, so the Mannings knew this was coming.

“It will be exciting for football,” Peyton Manning said recently. “I think it will be fun. During the week, ask me by Wednesday, and I’ll probably have a different answer for you.” There will be plenty of pressure on the Manning family that week. “It will be tough on them, no question,” Peyton Manning said.

The NFL will release the entire schedule next month.

Originally published on March 27, 2006

Guest Carbo

Early Call:

Peyton: 28 for 33, 417 yards passing, 3 TD's, 0 ints.

Eli: 2 for 14, 8 yards passing, 0 TD's, 3 ints. Last seen at halftime being consoled by his father and brother as he walks off the field dejectedly, sobbing.

The good news is Jay Fiedler steps into the game in the second half, resurrects the Giants offense, and they win on a last minute drop kick by George Blanda, who was signed to a long term lucrative contract just hours before kickoff.

Guest Nutty Sack
NBC is doing Sunday night games now. ESPN does MNF. <_<

Definitely a game that the sound gets turned off with Chris Collinsworth and Joh Madden doing the game.

Guest nosebleed
Definitely a game that the sound gets turned off with Chris Collinsworth and Joh Madden doing the game.

Who gets the rights to sideline reporter Stephen Kobler???

Guest nosebleed
Giants.com

I'm so psyched right now, I can't even function. Last time we played these fuckers, we dismantled them. Bring it on.

:chair:

That was a great game, Kerry was brilliant.

Guest Floyd The Barber
Where can I get the best price on tickets? (For those who go to the games). I'm also gonna be looking for tickets to the Giants-Cowboys game.

hang out on the corner of Route 3, by Stilleto's Gentlemens Club...a guy named Louie, with a big goat-tee and a pinky ring will have tickets...

I can see ESPN promoting this game, "Pussy vs. Pussy, who will become The Ultimate Pussy?"

I think 99% of the things you post are incorrect and worthless but you're entitled to your own opinon so I dont argue.

This on the other hand is creative and actually pretty funny. Nice job.

Guest nosebleed
I want to hear Mcguire, Thiessman and that other guy. God they were the best on SNF.

These jackasses are the worst crew announcing any sporting event, then you add a side of Stephen Kobler, by the time you finish watching the game, you feel like jumping off the nearest bridge.

Guest Lockhart
These jackasses are the worst crew announcing any sporting event, then you add a side of Stephen Kobler, by the time you finish watching the game, you feel like jumping off the nearest bridge.

On top of that we have to watch Boy Blunder get hammered by his big brother.

Who is Stephen Kobler? I think I know what you are talking about, that chick.

So do you think Archie wears one of those lame combo jersey's like Brady Quinn's sister wore during the Ohio State-Notre Dame game?

I love the third game on Turkey Day idea.

I hate that NBC has games at all. My high def picture on NBC isn't nearly as good.

So do you think Archie wears one of those lame combo jersey's like Brady Quinn's sister wore during the Ohio State-Notre Dame game?

I hate that NBC has games at all. My high def picture on NBC isn't nearly as good.

She was beastly.

I'm setting the over/under on cuts to Archie's reactions to 200 during the game.... Anyone want in