SportsWrath

Bye Week Bullshit

Lubeck

So on WFAN they were saying 12 players were on the injury list.

And it immediately made me think about the impact of the bye week.

The way the NFL structures the bye weeks is inherently flowed. As soon as I saw that the Giants were getting a week 4 bye week I knew injuries would be an issue this season.

There is something inherently wrong with a system that awards bye weeks over such a huge expanse of a season. Bye weeks are KEY because they give a team 2 weeks to what? Heal.

The NFL is probably the most grueling sport there is. A week is barely enough time to allow the human body to recover from the stress it gets from playing full-contact football. Having teams play 9-11 weeks in a row throwing their entire body out their to be injured when some teams get a nice and even 8-8 split (LIKE THE GIANTS LAST YEAR) is inherently wrong.

As soon as I saw our schedule I made a couple of topics on this. The NFL should restructure its bye-weeks so that they all happen over a 2 week period so all teams get a midseason break.

So on WFAN they were saying 12 players were on the injury list.

And it immediately made me think about the impact of the bye week.

The way the NFL structures the bye weeks is inherently flowed. As soon as I saw that the Giants were getting a week 4 bye week I knew injuries would be an issue this season.

There is something inherently wrong with a system that awards bye weeks over such a huge expanse of a season. Bye weeks are KEY because they give a team 2 weeks to what? Heal.

The NFL is probably the most grueling sport there is. A week is barely enough time to allow the human body to recover from the stress it gets from playing full-contact football. Having teams play 9-11 weeks in a row throwing their entire body out their to be injured when some teams get a nice and even 8-8 split (LIKE THE GIANTS LAST YEAR) is inherently wrong.

As soon as I saw our schedule I made a couple of topics on this. The NFL should restructure its bye-weeks so that they all happen over a 2 week period so all teams get a midseason break.

Excellent point Lou Diamond :D. I can attest to the the pain and the lengthy recovery process. Our bye week last year was in such a favorable spot that I can argue it was a major factor in us being propelled into winning it all. This year's bye week came at the worst possible time and some demons tell me the NFL intended for the Giants to have that bye week. But even I sometimes don't believe my demons :D

Excellent point Lou Diamond :D . I can attest to the the pain and the lengthy recovery process. Our bye week last year was in such a favorable spot that I can argue it was a major factor in us being propelled into winning it all. This year's bye week came at the worst possible time and some demons tell me the NFL intended for the Giants to have that bye week. But even I sometimes don't believe my demons :D

Then go register and vote!