SportsWrath

Giants sign LBer

Lughead

New York Giants opt to sign LB Miles over Harris; place Goff on IR

by Mike Garafolo/The Star-Ledger Wednesday December 17, 2008, 4:00 PM

I mentioned earlier I had heard the Giants were going to sign LB Nate Harris but didn't get that confirmed. That was the tentative plan. According to a source, the Giants told all the players that worked out they were going to sign Harris.

But the team then reconsidered and went with another LB who worked out today: Edmund Miles.

To make room for Miles on the roster, the Giants placed LB Jonathan Goff (hamstring) on injured reserve. Goff, the team's fifth-round pick in April, was limited to five games this season because of a back injury suffered in the preseason, a concussion against the Eagles last month and his latest ailment - a hamstring injury.

The 6-foot, 242-pound Miles signed with the Dolphins last year as an undrafted free agent out of Iowa. He played in all 16 games and led the team with 16 special-teams tackles. He was waived in late August. The Giants will need Miles to play specials immediately because Goff is done for the year and LB Gerris Wilkinson is likely out a few weeks with a knee sprain.

MG

I'm telling you, we've got a 1st rounder and 2 2nd rounders next year....if we don't snag a stud LB in the draft next year, I'll fucking flip out.

That's a given, Joe. I highly doubt the Giants will go DE again.. though that would be fucking hillarious.

We have enough pix to land a LB, WR, and a DE the first day of the draft.... I'm not going to speculate on who because I know next to nothing about college players.