SportsWrath

Wide Receivers

BadEgg

The Giants' wide receivers were medicore against Philly.

They were medicore against Dallas.

They are medicore today.

They will be medicore tomorrow, and against Carolina on Sunday.

And they will be medicore in their one and done playoff run... :o

Guys, you know, I actually dont care about this game too much. Theres not much more we can do to get high in the playoffs. The worst, worst we can do is the 3rd seed. But the 2nd seed is real likely. Shit, all it takes is 1 win and we are tops. This game was the world to DAL, not so much to us. Momentum, sure. But you're gonna lose a game eventually, I'd rather it be now than in the playoffs, SB. And we need to rest certain people for the playoffs. Shit, we already got the div, and 11 wins, lets not jeapordize these players. We had no Robbins, Jacobs, Plax or McKenzie. And it was still 7-3 goin to the 4th. Badegg is a retard if he doesnt realize what situation his team is facing. Last time we played, you had injuries. We shellacked you. This time, we had injuries, you barely got by us. The difference? 8 sacks on Eli due to a OL injury and less sacks on Homo with a starting DT out. But we still had 4 sacks. Dont you get it idiot? Even at our worst, we still gave you a battle. And when Jacobs and Mckenzie come back, that run game will make the WR's look much better. If I were you, I wouldnt be here telling a team that owns your division and is already a high seed in the playoffs that they stink, I'd be worried about you even MAKING the playoffs. Dipshit.

I wanted this game bad, probably because I just hate the Cowboys, but I hate to have this

"you'll clinch a bye when you win" bullshit over your head for so long, just win a fucking game

already.

I don't believe for a second that these Coughlin teams aren't "ready" for these games, he's

been outcoached for the last two weeks and one of those coaches was Wade Phillips.

I really hope I see come intensity next week against Carolina, that's a must win game and at this point

I could really care if we get home field advantage, I just want that bye week.

Guys, you know, I actually dont care about this game too much. Theres not much more we can do to get high in the playoffs. The worst, worst we can do is the 3rd seed. But the 2nd seed is real likely. Shit, all it takes is 1 win and we are tops. This game was the world to DAL, not so much to us. Momentum, sure. But you're gonna lose a game eventually, I'd rather it be now than in the playoffs, SB. And we need to rest certain people for the playoffs. Shit, we already got the div, and 11 wins, lets not jeapordize these players. We had no Robbins, Jacobs, Plax or McKenzie. And it was still 7-3 goin to the 4th. Badegg is a retard if he doesnt realize what situation his team is facing. Last time we played, you had injuries. We shellacked you. This time, we had injuries, you barely got by us. The difference? 8 sacks on Eli due to a OL injury and less sacks on Homo with a starting DT out. But we still had 4 sacks. Dont you get it idiot? Even at our worst, we still gave you a battle. And when Jacobs and Mckenzie come back, that run game will make the WR's look much better. If I were you, I wouldnt be here telling a team that owns your division and is already a high seed in the playoffs that they stink, I'd be worried about you even MAKING the playoffs. Dipshit.

Already settling for the 2nd or 3rd seed? Honestly, I don't blame you. By the way, McKenzie played while Eli was being abused most of the first half. But let's not get distracted from the bottom line:

Two teams that may not even make the playoffs have now abused the Giants in consecutive weeks.

Do you know how you can tell it's bad?

In the last 45 seconds of the game, the Giants were still throwing the ball. The game is over, they are missing offensive lineman, and yet they have their franchise QB still dropping back and throwing. And I believe Eli got decked the last pass he threw.

That's desperation. That's a desperate coach, looking to get a garbage score, so he can tell his team on Monday that their WR's aren't that bad. That missing Plexico doesn't matter that much. That the last two weeks are not a trend, and they will be able to pick it up against better competition in the playoffs.

The garbage TD never happened, and the QB almost got killed. That's desperation... :(

Already settling for the 2nd or 3rd seed? Honestly, I don't blame you. By the way, McKenzie played while Eli was being abused most of the first half. But let's not get distracted from the bottom line:

Two teams that may not even make the playoffs have now abused the Giants in consecutive weeks.

In the last 45 seconds of the game, the Giants were still throwing the ball. The game is over, they are missing offensive lineman, and yet they have their franchise QB still dropping back and throwing. And I believe Eli got decked the last pass he threw.

That's desperation. That's a desperate coach, looking to get a garbage score, so he can tell his team on Monday that their WR's aren't that bad. That missing Plexico doesn't matter that much. That the last two weeks are not a trend, and they will be able to pick it up against better competition in the playoffs.

The garbage TD never happened, and the QB almost got killed. That's desperation... :(

LOL, desperation? You are the epitome of desperation with the shit you come in here and say. We got "abused" by the Eagles, this was a defensive battle that was close. Romo was getting the snot beat out of him too, but was able to get a couple lucky passes in the middle off because our LB's are weak right now. It was close, dont kid yourself. And they are two div rivals fighting for their playoff lives. I expected tough games, possibly losses. But we're still in great shape, you are not. Bal will end your hopes Sat, mark my words.

LOL, desperation? You are the epitome of desperation with the shit you come in here and say. We got "abused" by the Eagles, this was a defensive battle that was close. Romo was getting the snot beat out of him too, but was able to get a couple lucky passes in the middle off because our LB's are weak right now. It was close, dont kid yourself. And they are two div rivals fighting for their playoff lives. I expected tough games, possibly losses. But we're still in great shape, you are not. Bal will end your hopes Sat, mark my words.

Throwing right down to the very end with your "franchise" QB when that "franchise" QB is being eaten alive is desperate. Make no mistake about it. Had Eli been injured, they would have been calling for TC's head this morning.

And the strategy failed. No garbage TD this week. No momentum. They have to go into the Carolina game knowing their passing game scares no one. Which is interesting in light of the fact that the Panthers can be beat through the air...

Throwing right down to the very end with your "franchise" QB when that "franchise" QB is being eaten alive is desperate. Make no mistake about it. Had Eli been injured, they would have been calling for TC's head this morning.

And the strategy failed. No garbage TD this week. No momentum. They have to go into the Carolina game knowing their passing game scares no one. Which is interesting in light of the fact that the Panthers can be beat through the air...

You're meant to be a cowboy fan. You're stupid. Two games we play bad, and no one's scared of our pass game? It doesnt take away from wht we've done thus far. Are we concerned, sure, but not panicky. You are the ones panicking, you aint secured shit yet, we did that already. Everyones gonna lose after dominating for a while. Im glad its now, rather than when it counts.

Here we go again, yet ANOTHER douchebag cowgirl fan runnin their mouth during the REGULAR SEASON. Get into the playoffs first dipshit. We'll be ready to go come playoff time. You're team is another story.

You're meant to be a cowboy fan. You're stupid. Two games we play bad, and no one's scared of our pass game? It doesnt take away from wht we've done thus far. Are we concerned, sure, but not panicky. You are the ones panicking, you aint secured shit yet, we did that already. Everyones gonna lose after dominating for a while. Im glad its now, rather than when it counts.

Here we go again, yet ANOTHER douchebag cowgirl fan runnin their mouth during the REGULAR SEASON. Get into the playoffs first dipshit. We'll be ready to go come playoff time. You're team is another story.

Denial... :chair:

you know, with how that game went last night, the dog did wonder about this. not sure if it was desperation, but it was definately a questionable move to have manning throwing in that situation (the dog knows you play to the end, but with the shots he had taken all game, and with no real shot at pulling that game out in what really isn't a must win game, throwing at that point seemed a tad ignorant). the line had been outplayed and was now banged up, and the d-line could just t-off. best bet would have been to conceed and run it out, or at most, drop a screen pass and save your QB the additional punishment.

Congrats to Dallas and their fans for winning the most important game they've won in quite some time. That celebration by Jerry Jones and his cohorts in the luxury suite almost brought a tear to my eye. I could feel the joy and pride in their hearts all the way here in New York. Damn, I love HDTV.

Nice touch with the staged, chummy get together on the sideline by T.O., Witten, and Romo. :rolleyes:

The Giants have played the last 2 weeks like many teams have the last few years that lock stuff up early. Every injury results in a trip to the bench, there is no desperation(especially from a coach who has his div locked up) and usually losses seem bigger than they are.

One thing to keep in mind though, many of these teams that have had this happen, also have never pulled out of it. What happened with the Cowboys last year is a prime example, same for the COlts a few years ago and some of the early 00's Eagles teams.

It will be interesting to see how they respond, but to declare a team that won 15 of its last 16 games played leading up to last week as finished is completely assinine.

The Giants have played the last 2 weeks like many teams have the last few years that lock stuff up early. Every injury results in a trip to the bench, there is no desperation(especially from a coach who has his div locked up) and usually losses seem bigger than they are.

One thing to keep in mind though, many of these teams that have had this happen, also have never pulled out of it. What happened with the Cowboys last year is a prime example, same for the COlts a few years ago and some of the early 00's Eagles teams.

It will be interesting to see how they respond, but to declare a team that won 15 of its last 16 games played leading up to last week as finished is completely assinine.

I would agree with you except that there is more going on here. The Giants have not locked anything up. There is a chance that they could go in as the 2nd or 3rd seed. This would be a huge failure in light of how they played the first 10-11 weeks. More importantly, as the 3rd seed, they would not get a much needed rest, and that week off is much more important than any NFC East crown. Watch out if they lose this week. They never seem to play well against the Vikes.

The other issue is whether the Giants are really cruising because they locked up the East, or whether the problem is that they have no legitimate big play threats down the field. At least not at the moment. Who should teams fear stretching the field?

Also, Coughlin does not strike me as a coach that would coach like things are locked up, and the fact that Manning was still throwing with 45 seconds last night speaks to this. Nobody is burying them, but they suddenly have some issues.

I would agree with you except that there is more going on here. The Giants have not locked anything up. There is a chance that they could go in as the 2nd or 3rd seed. This would be a huge failure in light of how they played the first 10-11 weeks. More importantly, as the 3rd seed, they would not get a much needed rest, and that week off is much more important than any NFC East crown. Watch out if they lose this week. They never seem to play well against the Vikes.

The other issue is whether the Giants are really cruising because they locked up the East, or whether the problem is that they have no legitimate big play threats down the field. At least not at the moment. Who should teams fear stretching the field?

Also, Coughlin does not strike me as a coach that would coach like things are locked up, and the fact that Manning was still throwing with 45 seconds last night speaks to this. Nobody is burying them, but they suddenly have some issues.

Are you saying Coughlin was coaching as if he thought the game could still be won?

We play CAR this week.

We ARE still playing to win, Im sure TC is coaching that way. But to think that the 2nd or 3rd seed would be a huge failure is ridiculous. Thats part of what TC has to keep in mind. Why risk injury to get the #1 seed when we wont have key players for the playoffs. The same thing would happen that happened to DAL last year, 1 and done. We happen to consider Hixon a down field threat, so that why he's airing it out. We had a chance late to win this thing, it was 14-8 with not much time to go. But it's a loss that we can take. You cant afford a loss, we can.

Are you saying Coughlin was coaching as if he thought the game could still be won?

I believe he was coaching to win most of the game. I believe the last 45 seconds, he was hoping something positive would happen on the offensive side of the ball. He was hoping to have something to build on this week. That is how concerned he is by what is happening. A coach who was satisfied with winning the division or, more accurately, comfortable with how his team was playing, would not have been risking a 9th sack to his franchise QB. He would have run the ball and been happy to end it with no more injuries. TC is not in cruise control. He is worried.

With good reason if you ask me. :o

C'mon Egg, give your own guys some credit. We had no time for deep passes last night.

We play CAR this week.

We ARE still playing to win, Im sure TC is coaching that way. But to think that the 2nd or 3rd seed would be a huge failure is ridiculous. Thats part of what TC has to keep in mind. Why risk injury to get the #1 seed when we wont have key players for the playoffs. The same thing would happen that happened to DAL last year, 1 and done. We happen to consider Hixon a down field threat, so that why he's airing it out. We had a chance late to win this thing, it was 14-8 with not much time to go. But it's a loss that we can take. You cant afford a loss, we can.

the dog would guess his point was that if they lose this week, they follow that up against a team (the vikings) that, for reasons unknown, consistently struggle with, which could result in a potential 4 game skid to end the year and a third seed in the playoffs...

and the giants can obvioulsy afford a loss - the challenge for coughlin is that if they "afford" themselves another down the strecth, the whole burress issue starts to become (in the medias eyes anyway) the type of thing that plays on a team's psyche (i.e., the questions of whether or not they have what it takes on the outside to effectively run their offense)...the dog wouldn't agree with that, but you know that is what would be coming, and that is what they would have to mentally overcome...a lot of "if's" at this point...

the dog would guess his point was that if they lose this week, they follow that up against a team (the vikings) that, for reasons unknown, consistently struggle with, which could result in a potential 4 game skid to end the year and a third seed in the playoffs...

and the giants can obvioulsy afford a loss - the challenge for coughlin is that if they "afford" themselves another down the strecth, the whole burress issue starts to become (in the medias eyes anyway) the type of thing that plays on a team's psyche (i.e., the questions of whether or not they have what it takes on the outside to effectively run their offense)...the dog wouldn't agree with that, but you know that is what would be coming, and that is what they would have to mentally overcome...a lot of "if's" at this point...

What I'm trying to say is, you should try to keep the momentum going using your key players no matter what, except if playing those players means risking losing them entirely for the playoffs. So he probably put his best available lineup in there and tried his best to win. So thats where the "afford a loss" mentality came from. Yes, we want momentum, but we want healthy players more. We arent settling for 2 or 3 seed, but we realize thats still a damn good seed.

What I'm trying to say is, you should try to keep the momentum going using your key players no matter what, except if playing those players means risking losing them entirely for the playoffs. So he probably put his best available lineup in there and tried his best to win. So thats where the "afford a loss" mentality came from. Yes, we want momentum, but we want healthy players more. We arent settling for 2 or 3 seed, but we realize thats still a damn good seed.

You would think they were missing 13 guys.

Sorry to break it to you, but they had there best "available" line up at the WR position and they could not get open. All night long.

They also had the greatest change up back in the history of the NFL available (yes, he was not in jail) and he was a non-factor.

If Delhomme can keep his cool, and their DBS can actually show up, Carolina may murder the Giants this week.

Denial... :chair: