SportsWrath

STOP THROWING THE BALL TO OUR PROBOWL TE!!!!!!

NeMesiS

the dog recently purchased two tickets to an NFL game between two playoff contenders along with a parking pass and paid less then $200...but spending that much on a jersey seems logical...

Is it your money? Again, is this how far you two have fallen? To the point of berating what clothing apparel people choose to buy? Thats mature mutt.

Is it your money? Again, is this how far you two have fallen? To the point of berating what clothing apparel people choose to buy? Thats mature mutt.

nobody is berrating anyone. the dog voiced in opinion on adults wearing jerseys, and as is typical, it unleashed the wrath of everyone who does not share in that. so be it.

1. 5 games is about a third of the season...that's dependable. and his time in the post season was limited...not due to injury mind you.

2. jacobs had little to do with the super bowl run (see #1 above).

3. nor do you have evidence other than your opinion...he does not create...watch the games as the dog has...objectively.

4. the dog would contend that he has never "flattened" a linebacker...funny, a lot of people post pictures of jacobs running over players here, and the dog hasn't seen any involving a player other than a DB...why is that?

5. so the 260 pound monster that runs over defenders like they are gnats is "fine" in short yardage situations? hmm, that is a tad, dare the dog say, overrated...

manning didn't lose games...he played solid football and managed the games. nothing more.

1. His time in the post season was not limited anymore than his time in the regular season. You seem stuck on this. The guy still only touches the ball an avg of 16 times.

2. Besides being our leading rusher during the regular season, besides wearing down opposing defenses in the first half of some games, besides scoring two td's in the bucs playoff game (which we won by just 10), besides scoring a TD vs Dallas in the playoffs (which we won by 4), besides being the leading rusher of the GB game and scoring a TD (when we won by 3), besides a critical 4th down play in the superbowl, then yeah you're absolutely right. He had nothing to do with our playoff run.

3. dog, I watch every Giants game. You still haven't answered the question of how many you actually watch.

Now answer that question please.

4. I'm perfectly ok with you not believing it, doesn't change the fact that it happened. I cannot remember who it was, but I distinctly remember the commentator talking about the play. Specifically noting that BJ had about 20lbs and 4/5 inches the guy.

5. lol I never said he was a short-yardage back doggy. that's something I've argued against with cowgirl fans since Tiki retired. He is good on short-yardage as evidenced by his 9 or so td's as our goalline back when Tiki had yet to retire. No run is harder than short yardage, so in that respect, fine is good enough to put him in 'quality back' company.

the dog recently purchased two tickets to an NFL game between two playoff contenders along with a parking pass and paid less then $200...but spending that much on a jersey seems logical...

Splurged for the nosebleeds did ya? What do you have to show for it other than two worthless ticket stubs.

At least anyone who buys a jersey (and most don't buy the 300 dollar variety, more like 25-60 depending on where it's purchased) has something to show for their money.

1. His time in the post season was not limited anymore than his time in the regular season. You seem stuck on this. The guy still only touches the ball an avg of 16 times.

2. Besides being our leading rusher during the regular season, besides wearing down opposing defenses in the first half of some games, besides scoring two td's in the bucs playoff game (which we won by just 10), besides scoring a TD vs Dallas in the playoffs (which we won by 4), besides being the leading rusher of the GB game and scoring a TD (when we won by 3), besides a critical 4th down play in the superbowl, then yeah you're absolutely right. He had nothing to do with our playoff run.

3. dog, I watch every Giants game. You still haven't answered the question of how many you actually watch.

Now answer that question please.

4. I'm perfectly ok with you not believing it, doesn't change the fact that it happened. I cannot remember who it was, but I distinctly remember the commentator talking about the play. Specifically noting that BJ had about 20lbs and 4/5 inches the guy.

5. lol I never said he was a short-yardage back doggy. that's something I've argued against with cowgirl fans since Tiki retired. He is good on short-yardage as evidenced by his 9 or so td's as our goalline back when Tiki had yet to retire. Nothing is run is harder than short yardage, so in that respect, fine is good enough to put him in 'quality back' company.

1. that's the point the dog is making...and if he is such an asset, don't you want him carrying the load in postseason games, particularly in the second half? don't you get the ball in the hands of the most consistent and productive guy? and you don't care to respond to the fact that he missed a third of the season?

2. thank you.

3. the dog has had the priveledge of seeing a majority of the giants games...how often does he create openings? not very.

4. see previous response...zzzzzzzzzzzz...

5. if it takes 3 plays to get in from a yard out, then by all means, celebrate him.

1. that's the point the dog is making...and if he is such an asset, don't you want him carrying the load in postseason games, particularly in the second half? don't you get the ball in the hands of the most consistent and productive guy? and you don't care to respond to the fact that he missed a third of the season?

2. thank you.

3. the dog has had the priveledge of seeing a majority of the giants games...how often does he create openings? not very.

4. see previous response...zzzzzzzzzzzz...

5. if it takes 3 plays to get in from a yard out, then by all means, celebrate him.

Now you're getting lazy.

He did carry the load in the postseason. What do you not understand about MOST CARRIES or MOST TD's? Puzzling.

You're welcome. Hope that makes you feel less ignorant.

Dog do not lie. How many Giants games have you watched this year and last? Gimme a number. Shouldn't be hard to remember if you're expecting me to cite an opponents linebacker who tasted BJ's tread over a year ago.

Again, here's evidence of you forming an opinion from one or two series from one or two games. He was arguably THE BEST short-yardage back when that was his sole purpose, now he is still good enough to be considered a 'quality back'.

Now you're getting lazy.

He did carry the load in the postseason. What do you not understand about MOST CARRIES or MOST TD's? Puzzling.

You're welcome. Hope that makes you feel less ignorant.

Dog do not lie. How many Giants games have you watched this year and last? Gimme a number. Shouldn't be hard to remember if you're expecting me to cite an opponents linebacker who tasted BJ's tread over a year ago.

Again, here's evidence of you forming an opinion from one or two series from one or two games. He was arguably THE BEST short-yardage back when that was his sole purpose, now he is still good enough to be considered a 'quality back'.

the dog isn't getting lazy, the dog is getting bored. if carrying the load means a poultry average of 15.5 carries a game for 49.5 yards a game for a 3.1 yard a carry average, then he was truely a monster in the postseason. he did in fact carry that team and was the reason they won the super bowl...you can throw that defensive effort out the window...

the dog has seen about 25 or so giant games over the last two seasons...close to 75%...does that make you feel better? now, who was that linebacker that was run over?

his short yardage efforts are weak relative to his style of play...you know this. the dog knows this.

the dog isn't getting lazy, the dog is getting bored. if carrying the load means a poultry average of 15.5 carries a game for 49.5 yards a game for a 3.1 yard a carry average, then he was truely a monster in the postseason. he did in fact carry that team and was the reason they won the super bowl...you can throw that defensive effort out the window...

the dog has seen about 25 or so giant games over the last two seasons...close to 75%...does that make you feel better? now, who was that linebacker that was run over?

his short yardage efforts are weak relative to his style of play...you know this. the dog knows this.

dog, if you're getting bored, it's likely because you spend too much time concerning yourself with a football team you have no vested interest in.

What do chickens have to do with this? :confused:

I assume you meant paltry. In which case I'd point out that teams gameplanned to stop our run and force Manning to beat them (another fly in your Manning played not to lose ointment). I wasn't pointing out that BJ carried the load for the whole team, but more so he carried the load of the running game. We won with a complete team effort.

Honestly doggy, I searched youtube and couldn't find any footage of it, so that point I'll concede to you, although I do not see how that lends any weight to your argument.

Here is the statline for BJ's short yardage attempts for the entire year. To be clear, what is included are the runs needing 2 yards or less for a 1st down or touchdown.

36 attempts, 149 yards (4.1 avg), and 6 TD's.

Definately 'quality back' stats.