SportsWrath

STOP THROWING THE BALL TO OUR PROBOWL TE!!!!!!

NeMesiS

Just cut to the heart of it, Dog. Jacobs is overrated for two reasons:

(1) He needs an o-line that blows huge holes open at the line of scrimmage. Otherwise, he dances in the backfield like a 260 pound ballerina and gets tackled. :o Great backs, like Emmitt Smith and even Tiki Barber had the ability to shift their bodies and snake through creases in the o-line on plays that the blocking was not up to par. To a degree, the other two backs the Giants have can probably do this effectively. Jacobs does not.

(2) For as much punshment Jacobs dishes out in the open field he takes as much. As a result, he is injury prone. It would be foolish to give the guy a long-term lucrative deal. This may not be Jacob's fault because of his size, but he probably could shield himself at times a little better and maybe avoid some hits. Smaller backs can minimalize the impact on their bodies, at least to an extent. It is more difficult for Jacobs.

The Giants should not need him. There have been many teams that have won championships without running backs that are as big as Jacobs. In fact, the only team that comes to mind off the top of my head that won a Superbowl recently with a back that perhaps could be compared to Jacobs is the Steeler and Bettis.

Jacobs is a one of a kind back Egg. The guy is a freak of nature.

Tiki Barber and Emmitt Smith were NFL Elite. If Barber had stuck around 1 more year he might be heading to the HOF along with Smith.

No one here has ever put BJ in the same company with either of these two. I guess that makes you the one idiot who did. :o

It's hard to shield your knees egghead. That's the only part of his body taking punishment.

The cowgirls shouldn't need Barber either right, but they do. Speaking of overrated....

You are so simple minded, it is almost tragic. I did not put him in the same company as Barber and Smith. I used them as examples to illustrate Jacob's weaknesses and to show how far Jacobs is from being a great back. I could list dozens of backs, past and present, that are and will be better than Jacods.

In fact, add this to the list: Jacobs can't catch. :clap: At least not consistently, further diminishing his game and making him one dimensional, at best. William Perry had better hands than Jacobs, and the LB that the Pats love to throw in at the goal line also catches better. :LMAO:

I will give him this, though: His big mouth runs faster than any HOF running back. But he is a flash in the pan, and will be long forgotten very shortly, much like the improbable magic that flooded these boards last year. :bye:

doggy, you might have a point if I had said 'we will lose without Jacobs'. What I said was 'it's possible'. Hell it's possible with Jacobs, just more likely without him. Without him we have one less set of fresh legs in the 4th qtr.

Jacobs is rarely on the radar as far as 'quality back' discussions.

Lets evaluate where he stands amongst the league's quality backs:

15th in attempts. 16.2 per game. And 7th in ypg.

9th in yards, and of the 8 above him only Deangelo Williams has a higher ypc. (5.1)

4th in rushing TD's. 7th in 1st downs. 3rd in 20+ yard runs.

Sounds like a quality back to me, nevermind that he's only gotten better each year in the league.

semantics are always interesting.

jacobs is often discussed when people talk about quality backs. the dog's issues with jacobs revolve around several components - one, he has yet to prove that he can carry the load for an entire season. you should want a back that you can depend on to be there week in and week out. two, he is a product of his offensive line. people get caught up in his numbers, but it would be interesting to review how many of his game stats are inflated by one long run when he goes untouched into the secondary. three, and related to that, he is unable to create when there are no holes. four, for all the bravado and highlights of him running players over, he seldom does so against anyone other then a defensive back half his side. five, his efforts in short-yardage situations, where he should excel, are average at best.

additionally, when the chips were down in the postseason last year, he was often on the sidelines watching as the other backs were given the carries. what does that say about him, or more importantly, the coaches thoughts on him? Look, he is an OK back, but the dog thinks they get more from ward and/or bradshaw.

You are so simple minded, it is almost tragic. I did not put him in the same company as Barber and Smith. I used them as examples to illustrate Jacob's weaknesses and to show how far Jacobs is from being a great back. I could list dozens of backs, past and present, that are and will be better than Jacods.

In fact, add this to the list: Jacobs can't catch. :clap: At least not consistently, further diminishing his game and making him one dimensional, at best. William Perry had better hands than Jacobs, and the LB that the Pats love to throw in at the goal line also catches better. :LMAO:

I will give him this, though: His big mouth runs faster than any HOF running back. But he is a flash in the pan, and will be long forgotten very shortly, much like the improbable magic that flooded these boards last year. :bye:

Are we talking about Jacobs, or Romo?

And better to have had that magic a year ago than not have had any since... geez, how long has it been now?

it will be interesting to see what happens in the offseason...the dog thinks that any team that wants to throw him a boat load of money is going to overpay, and runs the risk of inheriting the next christian okoye.

amazing how these clowns have the audacity to criticize the Giants when their own team is self destructing before their very eyes.

if i were Spags, i'd blanket TO for the first quarter. By the 2nd, he'll be fist fighting with Garrett and Romo on the sidelines.

Right. You used not a back that's active in the league, but two elite backs who are retired to prove your point. That's putting them in the same company. Whatever you have to do to make your stupid point.

Jacobs can catch. Ward is just a better option. I guess you don't watch the Giants much.

Sigh, I believe you said as much about Eli not so long ago. What ever happened with that? ;)

I love how the resident Cowboy Troll has derailed this thread which is supposed to be about how TO is an embarrassment to the Cowboy organization and the pathetic drama they are engaging in.

"TONY ROMO LIKES WHITTEN MORE THEN MEEEEEEE!!!! WAAAHHHHHH. MR GARRETT, MAKE TONY THROW ME THE BALL!!"

amazing how these clowns have the audacity to criticize the Giants when their own team is self destructing before their very eyes.

if i were Spags, i'd blanket TO for the first quarter. By the 2nd, he'll be fist fighting with Garrett and Romo on the sidelines.

the dog is no cowboys fan. and nobody was criticising the giants - the dog is just of the belief that jacobs is overrated for the points made above. fairly accurate in the dog's opinion, but the dog welcomes all who are of the opposite opinion.

and your choice to double team owens would be ill-advised...

the dog is no cowboys fan. and nobody was criticising the giants - the dog is just of the belief that jacobs is overrated for the points made above. fairly accurate in the dog's opinion, but the dog welcomes all who are of the opposite opinion.

All the Giants have to do is hit Romo, and pressure him all night, and he'll likely hand them the victory. Happens all the time with him. This has been a problem for the Giants in recent weeks though. I expect this game to be close, and if the Cowboys don't have Barber, it might be their downfall. While not as good as Jacobs, he is pretty good at putting the nail in the coffin with tough running to close out games.

By the way, it's official, Jacobs is OUT for Sunday.

semantics are always interesting.

jacobs is often discussed when people talk about quality backs. the dog's issues with jacobs revolve around several components - one, he has yet to prove that he can carry the load for an entire season. you should want a back that you can depend on to be there week in and week out. two, he is a product of his offensive line. people get caught up in his numbers, but it would be interesting to review how many of his game stats are inflated by one long run when he goes untouched into the secondary. three, and related to that, he is unable to create when there are no holes. four, for all the bravado and highlights of him running players over, he seldom does so against anyone other then a defensive back half his side. five, his efforts in short-yardage situations, where he should excel, are average at best.

additionally, when the chips were down in the postseason last year, he was often on the sidelines watching as the other backs were given the carries. what does that say about him, or more importantly, the coaches thoughts on him? Look, he is an OK back, but the dog thinks they get more from ward and/or bradshaw.

1. He's never been asked to do that. We have a 3 back system that works very well for us, thanks in large part to Jacobs.

2. all backs are a product of their oline. Some like Barry Sanders are better than most at making something out of nothing, but guys like him are very special and it didn't exactly get him a ring.

3. This is nothing but a rewording of number 2, and Jacobs does create holes where there are none. Since there is very little evidence to support which backs do and don't, it's meaningless as evidence to your point.

4. Some NFL lb'ers would have to painfully disagree.

5. His short-yardage stats are fine and above average. You're basing this opinion on one or two games.

How much Giants football do you actually watch?

Maybe this has something to do with why your opinions are rarely taken seriously. Like the one you held with egghead about our quarterback.

This viewpoint is extremely ignorant, and the sad thing is it's not the first time I've heard you propose it.

First, there were no 'other backs'. There was one. Bradshaw. Ward did not play in the postseason.

Second, BJ had more carries and outscored Bradshaw 4 to 1.

Third, the success of Ward and Bradshaw is often a product of BJ. I'm not saying they're not good backs, but that they benefit from a tired defense.

Again, how much Giants football do you actually watch?

Oh you mean like when the Giants were driving with 2 minutes left in the Superbowl, he picks

up a 1st down on 4th down and blocks Rodney Harrison on the touchdown pass.

I guess that's not a "when the chips were down" situation.

1. He's never been asked to do that. We have a 3 back system that works very well for us, thanks in large part to Jacobs.

2. all backs are a product of their oline. Some like Barry Sanders are better than most at making something out of nothing, but guys like him are very special and it didn't exactly get him a ring.

3. This is nothing but a rewording of number 2, and Jacobs does create holes where there are none. Since there is very little evidence to support which backs do and don't, it's meaningless as evidence to your point.

4. Some NFL lb'ers would have to painfully disagree.

5. His short-yardage stats are fine and above average. You're basing this opinion on one or two games.

How much Giants football do you actually watch?

Maybe this has something to do with why your opinions are rarely taken seriously. Like the one you held with egghead about our quarterback.

1. ok, so he has never been asked to that...but don't you think a back's ability to stay healthy and complete a season is important when assessing him overall? the dog's point is, everyone wants to ride the jacobs train as being this great back - truth is, we don't know how effective he can be overall because he can't stay on the field.

2. of course all backs are a product of their line, which is the dog's point. jacobs on most other teams would not be putting up the numbers that you so like to fall back on. sanders, to use your reference, created and made things happen. jacobs does not - watch him in action without being the die hard fan - meaning watch him objectively. and jacobs had little to do with them winning a ring and making a playoff run.

3. again, watch objectively. jacobs does little when there is no hole to run through (why you think that has little to do with the dog's point is strange - you need only watch games to see backs create - this just in, you yourself referenced sanders as someone who could do just this - did you need a statistic to show you the way?)

4. the dog would love to know which NFL linebackers you speak of...again, watch the games objectively - it does not happen...or just fall back on your apparent inside knowledge of what nfl linebackers are sharing...

5. the dog is basing this opinion on a majority of the games. and please define "fine"...certainly if you are going to argue this, you have something to support this...

and for the record, the dog stands by his assessment of manning. you want to forget the inconsistencies b/c they won a super bowl? ok...but the fact is, he is still a ways off from being an elite QB. is he better then the dog gave him credit for? this season he has been. but that super bowl and playoff run was all about the defense. manning did a nice job of not losing the games, which he had been prone to do.

What is interesting about Jacobs is that he has NEVER carried the load. He began at a community college, transferred to Auburn, where he shared time with Ronnie Brown and Carnell Williams.

He leaves, which was smart, because he wasn't going to outplay those guys and goes to Southern Illinois -- the geatest college football program in the history of the game, aside from maybe Michigan (though I am sure the Gators, the Hurricanes, the Trojans were stepping all over themseleves in a mad rush to recruit him...)

It is at Southern Illinois that he SHARES time with the leagondary Terry Jackson and Arkee Whitlock...He did rush for 11 more yards than Whitlock, though :clap: That's right -- THE SAME Arkee Whitlock...well, nevermind...

And they beat Penn State 59-9 Brandon's senior year. Or was it William Penn? :clap:

Despite his accomplishments, Brandon may be 4 games away from being a footnote...

Actually, considering the fact that he is not even playing this Sunday because this "260 pound freak-of-nature" has a boo-boo, he may already be there... :o

What is interesting about Jacobs is that he has NEVER carried the load. He began at a community college, transferred to Auburn, where he shared time with Ronnie Brown and Carnell Williams.

He leaves, which was smart, because he wasn't going to outplay those guys and goes to Southern Illinois -- the geatest college football program in the history of the game, aside from maybe Michigan (though I am sure the Gators, the Hurricanes, the Trojans were stepping all over themseleves in a mad rush to recruit him...)

It is at Southern Illinois that he SHARES time with the leagondary Terry Jackson and Arkee Whitlock...He did rush for 11 more yards than Whitlock, though :clap: That's right -- THE SAME Arkee Whitlock...well, nevermind...

And they beat Penn State 59-9 Brandon's senior year. Or was it William Penn? :clap:

Despite his accomplishments, Brandon may be 4 games away from being a footnote...

Actually, considering the fact that he is not even playing this Sunday because this "260 pound freak-of-nature" has a boo-boo, he may already be there... :o

laugh if you must, but the dog is willing to bet that arkee whitlock would run well behind this offensive line...and could probably create more openings if it was necessary to do so...

laugh if you must, but the dog is willing to bet that arkee whitlock would run well behind this offensive line...and could probably create more openings if it was necessary to do so...

Well, I think I did read that Whitlock jersey are going for $300. Well, worth it...

Well, I think I did read that Whitlock jersey are going for $300. Well, worth it...

sold...the dog will now go and spend $300 on an arkee whitolck jersey...the dog isn't a vikings fan, but does like to show support for their practice squad players. and $300 dollars is a small price to pay for a grown man to show support for a sports team.

1. ok, so he has never been asked to that...but don't you think a back's ability to stay healthy and complete a season is important when assessing him overall? the dog's point is, everyone wants to ride the jacobs train as being this great back - truth is, we don't know how effective he can be overall because he can't stay on the field.

2. of course all backs are a product of their line, which is the dog's point. jacobs on most other teams would not be putting up the numbers that you so like to fall back on. sanders, to use your reference, created and made things happen. jacobs does not - watch him in action without being the die hard fan - meaning watch him objectively. and jacobs had little to do with them winning a ring and making a playoff run.

3. again, watch objectively. jacobs does little when there is no hole to run through (why you think that has little to do with the dog's point is strange - you need only watch games to see backs create - this just in, you yourself referenced sanders as someone who could do just this - did you need a statistic to show you the way?)

4. the dog would love to know which NFL linebackers you speak of...again, watch the games objectively - it does not happen...or just fall back on your apparent inside knowledge of what nfl linebackers are sharing...

5. the dog is basing this opinion on a majority of the games. and please define "fine"...certainly if you are going to argue this, you have something to support this...

and for the record, the dog stands by his assessment of manning. you want to forget the inconsistencies b/c they won a super bowl? ok...but the fact is, he is still a ways off from being an elite QB. is he better then the dog gave him credit for? this season he has been. but that super bowl and playoff run was all about the defense. manning did a nice job of not losing the games, which he had been prone to do.

1. Ofcourse it's important, but we're not talking injured reserve. He missed 5 games last year (his first as starter). He played every post season game and in the superbowl. It's a position that you have to expect injuries from period. Especially from a guy who commands knee tackles from the defense.

2. Sanders was my example, because there are few like him. He's the exception and not the rule. Nearly every 'quality back' in the league has an above average line or better. You really don't watch our games if you say BJ had nothing to do with our playoff/superbowl. Pure ignorance.

3. There is evidence that you do not watch much Giants football. You're wrong. I said this point means little, because you have no evidence, other than your opinion, that Jacobs fare's any worse without a hole than any other 'quality back'.

4. doggy, I watch all of the Giants games. I have seen with my own eyes Jacobs flatten a linebacker on more than one occaision. I've heard with my own ears the commentary on such. How many Giants games do you watch?

5. Fine as in above avg and acceptable by 'quality back' standards :rolleyes:

I would bet the doggy is basing this on a majority of games he has not watched.

Just a little heads up doggy. People here 'ride the Jacobs train', because we're Giants fans. Just like Rams fans ride the Jackson train, or steelers the Parker train. It's not a statement that we believe he is 'elite' amongst RB's. He is our RB. Matters such as this only confuse you because as you put it "you have no team".

Go visit another teams forum and tell me I'm wrong.

If you're standing by your Manning assessment, no further discussion required, you lose.

He did a hell of alot more than 'not lose' games, and without a doubt, you already know this.

sold...the dog will now go and spend $300 on an arkee whitolck jersey...the dog isn't a vikings fan, but does like to show support for their practice squad players. and $300 dollars is a small price to pay for a grown man to show support for a sports team.

A bargain considering he may play if 7 guys get hurt. Regardless, with that jersey, you will be "the man" this Sunday. :rock:

1. Ofcourse it's important, but we're not talking injured reserve. He missed 5 games last year (his first as starter). He played every post season game and in the superbowl. It's a position that you have to expect injuries from period. Especially from a guy who commands knee tackles from the defense.

2. Sanders was my example, because there are few like him. He's the exception and not the rule. Nearly every 'quality back' in the league has an above average line or better. You really don't watch our games if you say BJ had nothing to do with our playoff/superbowl. Pure ignorance.

3. There is evidence that you do not watch much Giants football. You're wrong. I said this point means little, because you have no evidence, other than your opinion, that Jacobs fare's any worse without a hole than any other 'quality back'.

4. doggy, I watch all of the Giants games. I have seen with my own eyes Jacobs flatten a linebacker on more than one occaision. I've heard with my own ears the commentary on such. How many Giants games do you watch?

5. Fine as in above avg and acceptable by 'quality back' standards :rolleyes:

I would bet the doggy is basing this on a majority of games he has not watched.

Just a little heads up doggy. People here 'ride the Jacobs train', because we're Giants fans. Just like Rams fans ride the Jackson train, or steelers the Parker train. It's not a statement that we believe he is 'elite' amongst RB's. He is our RB. Matters such as this only confuse you because as you put it "you have no team".

Go visit another teams forum and tell me I'm wrong.

If you're standing by your Manning assessment, no further discussion required, you lose.

He did a hell of alot more than 'not lose' games, and without a doubt, you already know this.

1. 5 games is about a third of the season...that's dependable. and his time in the post season was limited...not due to injury mind you.

2. jacobs had little to do with the super bowl run (see #1 above).

3. nor do you have evidence other than your opinion...he does not create...watch the games as the dog has...objectively.

4. the dog would contend that he has never "flattened" a linebacker...funny, a lot of people post pictures of jacobs running over players here, and the dog hasn't seen any involving a player other than a DB...why is that?

5. so the 260 pound monster that runs over defenders like they are gnats is "fine" in short yardage situations? hmm, that is a tad, dare the dog say, overrated...

manning didn't lose games...he played solid football and managed the games. nothing more.

Guess you've never bought a ticket to an actual game either....

the dog recently purchased two tickets to an NFL game between two playoff contenders along with a parking pass and paid less then $200...but spending that much on a jersey seems logical...