SportsWrath

Taylor breaking legs

lemmiwinks

I hate to hear that to anyone. There's no telling if anyone (even those who get drafted) would be successful, however, I hate to think of it in the event that it keeps you out of sports for the rest of your life.

I also hated it for Joe T. It was just bad. These things happen though and I suppose it's the price of sports fame. You may suffer the worst of the worst and people have broken arms, legs, backs, and necks. What's worse is the people have died playing football, so it can be a brutal sport.

Of course, anyone whose played football knows that those are the memories that you look back on. I would've hated to have all my health and none of the glory from scoring TD's since I was a kid all the way through high school.

Guest Floyd The Barber

at first glance, the immediate thought that came to mind when i read the title of this thread was MORE injury news involving Jammar Taylor...like he broke his legs getting out of bed...good thing it wasnt that kind of news...

at first glance, the immediate thought that came to mind when i read the title of this thread was MORE injury news involving Jammar Taylor...like he broke his legs getting out of bed...good thing it wasnt that kind of news...

So you believe Taylor is an asset to the team and has potential?

Guest Floyd The Barber
So you believe Taylor is an asset to the team and has potential?

i cant make an honsest assessment of the man, he never plays and is always hurt...

Guest Floyd The Barber
True, but he did show flashes of being a quality 3rd wideout his rookie year. I would love for him to be completely healthy this year so we could have a true assessment of his playing ability.

true, but i think im at my wits end with players who have shown "flashes"...we need players that are dependable...im willing to make any amout wager that this guy will be hurt either during camp, post camp, or when the season starts...

Guest Lockhart
true, but i think im at my wits end with players who have shown "flashes"...we need players that are dependable...im willing to make any amout wager that this guy will be hurt either during camp, post camp, or when the season starts...

I choose All of above - he will be hurt before, during and after camp ends. The Giants are paying him peanuts so why not, but he will be on the IR before October.

The thing is, the Giants just need Carter OR Taylor to stay healthy. They dont need both, yet both get injured. Hopefully this will be the year that neither of them gets injured (although if they pass the bug onto plax/amani ill be uber upset).... which is why we still need another WR.

Chad Jackson --- please dont get drafted before pick 25. Please.

Guest Floyd The Barber
The thing is, the Giants just need Carter OR Taylor to stay healthy. They dont need both, yet both get injured. Hopefully this will be the year that neither of them gets injured (although if they pass the bug onto plax/amani ill be uber upset).... which is why we still need another WR.

you must be high to think that even if this guy is on the board the Giants will pick a WR or any offensive player with there first pick...

True, but he did show flashes of being a quality 3rd wideout his rookie year. I would love for him to be completely healthy this year so we could have a true assessment of his playing ability.

I disagree...for all the speed he supposedly has he was almost step for step with the DBs both times he caught long passes...Eli threw some near perfect passes to him.

I agree that you cant even assess him...he just hasnt run any route other than the fly...or been on the field to do so...anyway.

It's my opinion that Jamaar Taylor and Tim Carter are the same player...cloned.

And while I really hope we get a linebacker in the first (when was the last time we picked an LB in the first, anyone know?), I would not be against snatching a WR in the first if one drops...but I think id rather see us pick up one in the second...

Guest Carbo
I agree that you cant even assess him...he just hasnt run any route other than the fly...or been on the field to do so...anyway.
I disagree. I can assess him quite well. He is a wasted pick, and even more so a wasted roster spot.

I disagree. I can assess him quite well. He is a wasted pick, and even more so a wasted roster spot.

all the power to you :TU:

as it turns out, Tim Carter's naysayers back in the day were pretty much right on him...maybe this year he'll actually be productive...

i want the giants to give tyree a chance, i know hes a valuable player at special teams but he shows great potential at wr.

I would like to see that, too. At the very least get someone out there on the field who will remain on the field 12+ games.

Guest Carbo

Tyree is too valuable on Special Teams to have him chance an injury reaching for an overthrown pass over the middle.

Tyree is too valuable on Special Teams to have him chance an injury reaching for an overthrown pass over the middle.

I think he could be a clutch possession WR though...

Guest Floyd The Barber
Why? He lost his 3rd WR spot to Carter in camp last year.

here we go...the inside to all and voice of reason...RELYONELI and his other persona...were you there and did you know how the auditions went for the 3rd WR spot ?? i dont think so Suzie

Guest Floyd The Barber

Iv seen it a hundred times...It gets me every time

man i watch this tape and cry, not bc it ended Theismanns career but at a time in history we had guys like #56, #53, #58, #64, #75 in NYG blue...

how far we have fallen since... :cwy:

Why? He lost his 3rd WR spot to Carter in camp last year.

who put up a whopping 10 catches...? i think it's worth the look even if Carter does do well in training camp...

man i watch this tape and cry, not bc it ended Theismanns career but at a time in history we had guys like #56, #53, #58, #64, #75 in NYG blue...

how far we have fallen since... :cwy:

The age of Free Agency makes it tough to put together a defense like that and have them stay together for years.