SportsWrath

Mark Ingram Is Allegedly On The Lam

BadEgg

Giants past and present, setting an example...The model franchise for ethics and morality. :clap:

My theory: TC called him in for a physical. They need all the help they can get to boost that sorry receiving core...

Edited by jranieli
enough with the shouting in your title

Giants past and present, setting an example...The model franchise for ethics and morality. :clap:

My theory: TC called him in for a physical. They need all the help they can get to boost that sorry receiving core...

I love how you wait with bated breath for anything with Giants/Police/cops/prison in the title

and throw something in the ring here that has nothing to do with the Giants Organization. Ingram was long gone from the Giants when He chose to go against the law . He made a wrong decision Years after he was out of football ..... then again Maybe He picked up his Thuggyness from Miami . Did you ever think aboutTHAT?

Ingram and Stephen Baker are both lost to the demons of substance abuse. It shows how powerful drugs are that people who are admired by millions will become enslaved to a white powdery substance and debase themselves (and their memories) to the point (and beyond) of their own deaths. Good for Irvin that it appears that his addiction is in check. But to tell you the truth...most big time substance abusers do not become sustainably sober until they hit veritable rock bottom of shoplifting steaks and selling them.

Ingram and Stephen Baker are both lost to the demons of substance abuse. It shows how powerful drugs are that people who are admired by millions will become enslaved to a white powdery substance and debase themselves (and their memories) to the point (and beyond) of their own deaths. Good for Irvin that it appears that his addiction is in check. But to tell you the truth...most big time substance abusers do not become sustainably sober until they hit veritable rock bottom of shoplifting steaks and selling them.

Stephen Baker? The Touchdown maker?? I wasn't aware that he fell victim to the white demon. That sucks.

Stephen Baker? The Touchdown maker?? I wasn't aware that he fell victim to the white demon. That sucks.

Yeah sad to say he penned the words to Samuel L. Jackson's "I'm a crack..crack...crackhead" on Jungle Fever. LOL!!! Good thing about Stephen is that he is willing to be helped and I heard that he is currently experiencing a long period of sobriety. Also the Giants organization has been helping him out in terms of counseling, finances for a number of years.

Almost as good as Nate getting busted for like 200 pounds of weed then getting caught again later that year... classic

Golly, no sense of superiority here, is there? Douchalicious...

Far as I know, Ingram's legal problems started well after his Giants career. But they should have known better, right?

What's that TBCvP? Stephen Baker is getting help from the Giants despite the fact he's been out of football for well over a decade? Well, I'm sure the Cowboils are doing the same for their former players...

In the opening scene of the book, Michael Irvin slashes a teammate’s neck with scissors — and is fortunate not to kill him. Has Irvin ever discussed the incident? Did you ask him about it?

As far as I could tell, Irvin only really discussed the incident one time, and that was with the Dallas Observer, the city’s excellent weekly. But the details were very limited, and—until now—no other Cowboys players have ever explained their first-hand viewpoints of what happened, how it unfolded, the aftermath. Also, one thing that was never reported was how the Cowboys payed Everett McIver, the stabbed player, not to talk about the incident, so that Irvin—already on probation—wouldn’t go to jail.

As for Irvin, he was perhaps my toughest interviewee to nail down. His reps kept refusing my interview requests; told me repeatedly he wouldn’t speak. So, on the weekend Irvin was inducted into the Hall of Fame, myself and another reporter, Michael J. Lewis of the Daytona News-Journal (who was helping me with reporting) flew to Canton to get time with Mike. We spent 2 1/2 days stalking him out, and wound up getting a ton of good time with him. However, I didn’t have nearly enough info about the scissors episode at that point in time to feel comfortable asking about it. Then, when I finally felt good about the material, I was told he wouldn’t talk.

http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/09...s-will-be-boys/

Golly, no sense of superiority here, is there? Douchalicious...

Far as I know, Ingram's legal problems started well after his Giants career. But they should have known better, right?

What's that TBCvP? Stephen Baker is getting help from the Giants despite the fact he's been out of football for well over a decade? Well, I'm sure the Cowboils are doing the same for their former players...

Ayup...and they even attempted to reach out to Ingram prior to his huge slide downhill; unlike Baker...Mark tried to pull a "I don't have a drug problem and I am not bleeding away my life, career, good will for some rock" load of bullshit. Addiction is a horrible disease. Right now I have a client who is a retired paraprofessional (teacher's aide) who lost her job, house in a good neighborhood because of her taste for alcohol. Her liver is so distended that she looks like a 50 year old pregnant woman. And she will deny to the day she dies that she still drinks. All of the public areas of my facility (including the front door entrance) are under 24 hour video surveilance. I busted her the other day on camera trying to drop an empty fifth bottle of vodka down the basement stairs of a neighboring building. All so she could circumvent being found out.