SportsWrath

Kurt Bush

Virginia Giant

I was at work listening to the race, so obviously I didn't get to see what happened. So i have some questions for those that watched.

1: Did kurt do anything beyond racing hard? Did he blatantly wreck Matt?

2: Did Matt intentionally wreck gordon?

3: WTF was up with Stewart? From what I heard he wrecked like 2 people.

4: What was going on with the tires in the early part of the race? Like 4 people cut tires in the first 100 laps, did they change the tires or was there debis or what?

I was at work listening to the race, so obviously I didn't get to see what happened. So i have some questions for those that watched.

1: Did kurt do anything beyond racing hard? Did he blatantly wreck Matt?

2: Did Matt intentionally wreck gordon?

3: WTF was up with Stewart? From what I heard he wrecked like 2 people.

4: What was going on with the tires in the early part of the race? Like 4 people cut tires in the first 100 laps, did they change the tires or was there debis or what?

1) Kurt raced hard and towards the end of the race (about 4 laps to go), his car was much faster than Kenseth's. So Kenseth tried blocking him for a few laps while holding up traffic bad enough that Busch was in danger of getting taken out from behind. So with a couple laps to go, Busch nudged Kenseth causing him to slide out a little bit and Busch took off never to be gotten near to again.

2) Yes. Kenseth's car wasn't competitive at all so he kept trying to block everyone coming up the same way he had been blocking Busch. When Gordon got around him, Kenseth went into the turn hard enough to bang into the back of Gordon to spin him out. It was blatant. Kenseth was simply angry because all the cars around him were much faster and he tried to win by blocking. He's lucky someone didn't put him into the wall hard to get him off the track.

3) I didn't see the whole race as I was trying to keep up with the basketball games. I did watch him wreck Truex though and it was blatant. Truex was angry at Gordon and wanted to spin him out. Stewart was right behind Gordon when they caught up with Truex (who was several laps down). Truex had been moving out of the way for the rest of the drivers as lapped cars should, but decided not to give an inch to Gordon. Gordon tried to go to the outside of Truex who then went high and pinched him against the wall. Stewart was right behind Truex and let it go on for a couple of laps. Finally, Stewart decided it was time to get Truex off the track before all 3 of them got caught up in a wreck. So coming into a turn, Stewart simply gased it and took Truex out who hit the wall very hard. Truex had it coming and would have been blackflagged if not for Stewart taking things into his own hands.

4) Not really sure. Jimmy Johnson had had an altercation before the green flag that had his fender pushed in. I think it was the fender that cut his tire. I didn't see any debris and there weren't any yellow flags to rid the track of debris. I think racing on concrete is hard on tires....specially the really hard banked tracks.

1) Kurt raced hard and towards the end of the race (about 4 laps to go), his car was much faster than Kenseth's. So Kenseth tried blocking him for a few laps while holding up traffic bad enough that Busch was in danger of getting taken out from behind. So with a couple laps to go, Busch nudged Kenseth causing him to slide out a little bit and Busch took off never to be gotten near to again.

2) Yes. Kenseth's car wasn't competitive at all so he kept trying to block everyone coming up the same way he had been blocking Busch. When Gordon got around him, Kenseth went into the turn hard enough to bang into the back of Gordon to spin him out. It was blatant. Kenseth was simply angry because all the cars around him were much faster and he tried to win by blocking. He's lucky someone didn't put him into the wall hard to get him off the track.

3) I didn't see the whole race as I was trying to keep up with the basketball games. I did watch him wreck Truex though and it was blatant. Truex was angry at Gordon and wanted to spin him out. Stewart was right behind Gordon when they caught up with Truex (who was several laps down). Truex had been moving out of the way for the rest of the drivers as lapped cars should, but decided not to give an inch to Gordon. Gordon tried to go to the outside of Truex who then went high and pinched him against the wall. Stewart was right behind Truex and let it go on for a couple of laps. Finally, Stewart decided it was time to get Truex off the track before all 3 of them got caught up in a wreck. So coming into a turn, Stewart simply gased it and took Truex out who hit the wall very hard. Truex had it coming and would have been blackflagged if not for Stewart taking things into his own hands.

4) Not really sure. Jimmy Johnson had had an altercation before the green flag that had his fender pushed in. I think it was the fender that cut his tire. I didn't see any debris and there weren't any yellow flags to rid the track of debris. I think racing on concrete is hard on tires....specially the really hard banked tracks.

Thanks alot. From what i heard on the radio, Dale Jarret held Kensheth up and allowed Bush to catch him, but that doesn't sound like Jarret. I wish i would have recorded it.

Thanks alot. From what i heard on the radio, Dale Jarret held Kensheth up and allowed Bush to catch him, but that doesn't sound like Jarret. I wish i would have recorded it.

Yeah....Jarret was still on the lead lap and about to be lapped so he stayed in the lane and raced. However, Busch had been all over Kenseth long before they caught up with Jarret and Kenseth had been mirror driving for a dozen laps because his car had faded. When a driver mirror drives and there's only a few laps left.....the faster cars will always bump you out of the way so they can continue to race. I'm surprised that Kenseth didn't give Jarret a bump as well. He deserved one and all the announcers expected him to do so. Racers get impatient when they are forced to drive much slower than they've been going and can't go faster because someone is mirror-driving. In my opinion....everything that happened was exactly the way it should have happened.....although Kenseth taking out Gordon was a cheap shot because Gordon clearly had a faster car and Kenseth was simply pissed that his car was fading so quickly.