1. LB Ernie Sims

2. CB Alan Zemaitis

3. OT Jeremy Trueblood

4. DT Roderique Wright

5. LB Brandon Hoyte

6. WR Marcus Robinson

7. P Thomas Malone

Tell me what you guys think :rock: :worshippy:

No thanks on Zemaitis, Trueblood, Wright, and Robinson. Why draft a punter?

Wouldn't mind Zemaitis, but definitely not in the second. I've seen him slated 3rd or lower. There would be much better CBs available in the second. Wright's heart and effort have been questioned, which is more than concerning. I like Sims in the first though. Looking at Claude Wroten in the second, but doubtful he'll drop.

Guest Floyd The Barber

you have the right idea in the begining...but prepare to witness an entire draft dedicated to 3 postions...LB , DT and DB...expect 7 selections of defensive players and nothing else...

When was free agency settled??? :confused:

As far as mock drafts go.....I think that (after participating in mock drafts for the Giants for the past 7 ot 8 years), that no team in the NFL is less predictable than the Giants when it comes to draft day.

In my opinion (for what it's worth), there are several things in this year's draft that the Giants will do:

1) They will concentratrate on defense - DT, LB, CB, safties etc. My bet is that they'll draft 5 defensive players out of 7 picks, with the odd picks going to beef up the offensive line or perhaps grab a running back with the potential to be Tiki's successor.

2) with the 25th overall pick in the first round, the Giants will probably pick a player that most people think could have been taken in the 2nd or 3rd round. After months of bitter complaining about Ernie....Giants' fans will fall in love with the guy (aka Osi)

3) there will be at least one pick from a Div II or Div III school that shocks everyone and all the Giants' fans will be googling a name they never heard of before in order to figure out who the guy is...(aka, Osi, Shianco, Jacobs, etc.)

4) Every mock draft out there on the Giants will be 100% wrong.

5) The Giants have one of the best team of scouts in the NFL and only choose players based on scouts/coaches input rather than look at a single magazine mock draft (which they will entirely ignore), even though magazine/internet fan sites, etc., will all have basically the same players rated nearly the same.

6) After a couple of days of bitching and moaning about the inept Ernie picks.....fans will start loving their newest players and calling Ernie a genius.

In general, all mock drafts are totally useless. The most accurate mock drafts in the past have had about 5 or 6 picks right in the entire 1st round and it's usually like 4 or 5 picks in the first 10 and dead wrong after that on all, but 1 or 2 picks. There will be some players mocked to go in the first that won't go until the 2nd or 3rd and maybe not even at all. Also, there will be players mocked to go in the second/third that will be picked up in the first round. There will be players picked up in the second and third rounds that are listed on no one's mock drafts at any round. There will be players mocked to picked in the second round that don't get drafted at all and fans in front of TV's will spend the whole draft screaming at the TV telling Ernie to pick up that guy.

Mock drafts are for fantasizing only and combines don't measure "heart", nor do they measure "attitude" and "style" that impresses coaches. Scouts and coaches look for something special in a player that fits their own scheme or future goals. Any pick can be a bust and any pick can be tomorrow's superstar.....and that can happen in any round.

Good response Bleedin.

You only left out one thing. After Accorsi picks a small school talent nobody's heard of, everybody will cry about the pick since they think there's no way a player from McNeese State could possibly have any talent. Then they'll rip Ernie for passing over the overrated fat guy slob from Michigan, Notre Dame or Southern Cal.

Guest Lockhart
When was free agency settled??? :confused:

As far as mock drafts go.....I think that (after participating in mock drafts for the Giants for the past 7 ot 8 years), that no team in the NFL is less predictable than the Giants when it comes to draft day.

In my opinion (for what it's worth), there are several things in this year's draft that the Giants will do:

1) They will concentratrate on defense - DT, LB, CB, safties etc. My bet is that they'll draft 5 defensive players out of 7 picks, with the odd picks going to beef up the offensive line or perhaps grab a running back with the potential to be Tiki's successor.

2) with the 25th overall pick in the first round, the Giants will probably pick a player that most people think could have been taken in the 2nd or 3rd round. After months of bitter complaining about Ernie....Giants' fans will fall in love with the guy (aka Osi)

3) there will be at least one pick from a Div II or Div III school that shocks everyone and all the Giants' fans will be googling a name they never heard of before in order to figure out who the guy is...(aka, Osi, Shianco, Jacobs, etc.)

4) Every mock draft out there on the Giants will be 100% wrong.

5) The Giants have one of the best team of scouts in the NFL and only choose players based on scouts/coaches input rather than look at a single magazine mock draft (which they will entirely ignore), even though magazine/internet fan sites, etc., will all have basically the same players rated nearly the same.

6) After a couple of days of bitching and moaning about the inept Ernie picks.....fans will start loving their newest players and calling Ernie a genius.

In general, all mock drafts are totally useless. The most accurate mock drafts in the past have had about 5 or 6 picks right in the entire 1st round and it's usually like 4 or 5 picks in the first 10 and dead wrong after that on all, but 1 or 2 picks. There will be some players mocked to go in the first that won't go until the 2nd or 3rd and maybe not even at all. Also, there will be players mocked to go in the second/third that will be picked up in the first round. There will be players picked up in the second and third rounds that are listed on no one's mock drafts at any round. There will be players mocked to picked in the second round that don't get drafted at all and fans in front of TV's will spend the whole draft screaming at the TV telling Ernie to pick up that guy.

Mock drafts are for fantasizing only and combines don't measure "heart", nor do they measure "attitude" and "style" that impresses coaches. Scouts and coaches look for something special in a player that fits their own scheme or future goals. Any pick can be a bust and any pick can be tomorrow's superstar.....and that can happen in any round.

Tell one of these clowns his mock draft is useless (and it is) and they go nuts. This is the worst part of the year when all these nimrods feel compelled to share their mock drafts with the world. Factis, nobody cars about their mock drafts or what they think. The only people that count are the ones that make the real decisions.

Nice post bleedinblue. A few things:

1. Aka is short for "Also known as"... I think you meant to use "a la" which roughly translates as similar to or like.

2. I agree that roughly 5 of the picks will address defense. I dont think this is the draft for Tiki's replacement, although he might be out there and I just don't know it. Also there is a chance that Jacobs can be an every down back although I doubt it, but maybe the coaches are willing to give him a shot and therfore will be reluctant to use a valuable pick on a RB. I think its more likely that we use an offensive pick to grab a WR with the hopes that can be Toomer's replacement. Carter is clearly a short-term solution and this is a position that the Giants are a bit thin at. Id be very suprsised if we didnt draft a WR in the first 4 rounds, especially after losing out on the Keyshawn sweepstakes. Other offensive picks could address depth at OL, TE and numerous other positions. EA will pick guys that he thinks can be good, not just draft guys to fill positions.

3. EA has done fairly well in the overall drafts lately. I have faith that he can find a key guy or two. The Giants have a solid core of young players and if EA can add to that he will have put together a fine, young team that will compete for years to come. I can wait for draft day.

1. LB Ernie Sims

2. CB Alan Zemaitis

3. OT Jeremy Trueblood

4. DT Roderique Wright

5. LB Brandon Hoyte

6. WR Marcus Robinson

7. P Thomas Malone

Tell me what you guys think :rock: :worshippy:

No thanks with Ernie Sims. At 5' 10" and 220lbs...He has bust written all over him. I think we need some one bigger at the LB position.

i can almost guarantee you will see a WR drafted day one.

there's a need(lets face it, the 3rd WR situation is less than ideal and Amani Toomer isnt getting younger) and going by drafting talent over positional needs, I see us picking up a WR as early as the second round.

especially if we dont get one in FA.

Nice post bleedinblue. A few things:

1. Aka is short for "Also known as"... I think you meant to use "a la" which roughly translates as similar to or like.

2. I agree that roughly 5 of the picks will address defense. I dont think this is the draft for Tiki's replacement, although he might be out there and I just don't know it. Also there is a chance that Jacobs can be an every down back although I doubt it, but maybe the coaches are willing to give him a shot and therfore will be reluctant to use a valuable pick on a RB. I think its more likely that we use an offensive pick to grab a WR with the hopes that can be Toomer's replacement. Carter is clearly a short-term solution and this is a position that the Giants are a bit thin at. Id be very suprsised if we didnt draft a WR in the first 4 rounds, especially after losing out on the Keyshawn sweepstakes. Other offensive picks could address depth at OL, TE and numerous other positions. EA will pick guys that he thinks can be good, not just draft guys to fill positions.

3. EA has done fairly well in the overall drafts lately. I have faith that he can find a key guy or two. The Giants have a solid core of young players and if EA can add to that he will have put together a fine, young team that will compete for years to come. I can wait for draft day.

Thanks for the heads up on "aka" vs. "a la". I knew that.....just didn't follow my brain.

I also agree that a WR is most likely for an offensive pick. After sending my post and rereading it I thought about it and wondered why I didn't add WR. I was too lazy to edit it and add it.

I agree with you on EA. I think he's become a pretty astute drafter after some hard knocks early in his career. I think he puts a tremendous amount of faith in his coaches and scouts, which is a good thing. After wasting so much energy in the past trying to figure out what the Giants will do on draft day, I now simply wait and see what they do and start analyzing once the picks are made. Too frustrating the other way!

i try not to knock a pick that ive never heard of until ive looked into the player, but to me, the thing that pisses me off about picking player from Mcneese State over fat slob from USC/ND/Mich is that the player at USC has already worked hard just to get where he is and obviously has some talent just to make a D1 school like that while player from Mcneese State is not playing D1 so he wasnt highly scouted after high school or anything...I dont know, that's just how I feel.

Wouldn't mind Zemaitis, but definitely not in the second. I've seen him slated 3rd or lower. There would be much better CBs available in the second. Wright's heart and effort have been questioned, which is more than concerning. I like Sims in the first though. Looking at Claude Wroten in the second, but doubtful he'll drop.

Wrotten got arrested for marijuana possession in January, so I think the Giants will steer clear of him. Recently it seems like they've been targeting high character guys.

Wrotten got arrested for marijuana possession in January, so I think the Giants will steer clear of him. Recently it seems like they've been targeting high character guys.

man, i was thinking about it and i'd be screwed if i was an athlete with the chance of going pro...i smoke marijuana all the time :(

Good response Bleedin.

You only left out one thing. After Accorsi picks a small school talent nobody's heard of, everybody will cry about the pick since they think there's no way a player from McNeese State could possibly have any talent. Then they'll rip Ernie for passing over the overrated fat guy slob from Michigan, Notre Dame or Southern Cal.

<_<

man, i was thinking about it and i'd be screwed if i was an athlete with the chance of going pro...i smoke marijuana all the time :(

Plus, you're small, unathletic, and have no discernable sports talents ... Other than that you've got a good shot, Smokey. :P

I will that say that the majority of high profile athletes on campus are hardly angels...

Accorsi's draft record have been pretty laughable until 2003. I think his best move was promoting Reese and Abrams to prominent front office positions. Since then and since Coughlin came aboard, drafting has improved drastically.

Plus, you're small, unathletic, and have no discernable sports talents ... Other than that you've got a good shot, Smokey. :P

I will that say that the majority of high profile athletes on campus are hardly angels...

i'm thinking they only drink though...

but yah, im pretty out of shape too, you forgot that! I played soccer saturday and i'm still unable to move...I have some natural ability though :)

I've checked it out and I'm faster in the 40 than a lot of offensive linemen!!! I prolly run a 4.7... :flex:

and actually I'm gonna make a topic about this because i'm bored, I'll make a scouting report for myself...

i try not to knock a pick that ive never heard of until ive looked into the player, but to me, the thing that pisses me off about picking player from Mcneese State over fat slob from USC/ND/Mich is that the player at USC has already worked hard just to get where he is and obviously has some talent just to make a D1 school like that while player from Mcneese State is not playing D1 so he wasnt highly scouted after high school or anything...I dont know, that's just how I feel.

Plenty of top shelf talent flies under the radar. To only consider players from the power conferences as legit quality while everyone else is less skilled is flawed thinking. Think of what's going on in the NCAA hoops tournament. A team like Wichita State advances to the Sweet 16. George Mason is in the Final 4. Do they not have talent? Meanwhile Miami and Notre Dame are in the NIT. Actually I don't even know if that last part is true. Notre Dame might not have been good enough to make the NIT.

The collegiate talent pool is enormous. There will always be guys who fly under the radar. There will always be guys who don't meet a certain measurable which makes them less popular with the recruiters. For example .. height. Harry Carson and Sam Mills are two perfect examples of this. Yet both became textbook middle linebackers. Meanwhile, a guy like Brian Bosworth, coming from a major program, who had plenty of press clippings, falls on his face. Sure it happens the other way around too. But to read anything into a player based solely on where he played ball is shortsighted.

i'm thinking they only drink though...

but yah, im pretty out of shape too, you forgot that! I played soccer saturday and i'm still unable to move...I have some natural ability though :)

I've checked it out and I'm faster in the 40 than a lot of offensive linemen!!! I prolly run a 4.7... :flex:

and actually I'm gonna make a topic about this because i'm bored, I'll make a scouting report for myself...

I've heard about a lot of athletes that smoke pot or even do harder stuff, although most of them aren't sure-fire pro prospects, so there's less at stake for them. Plus, we have no shortage of criminals. A starter on our basketball team, Daniel Horton, was suspended last year for choking his girlfriend, while a defensive lineman on the football team (Larry Harrison) was caught chronically masturbating on people's front porches. Plus, Braylon Edwards was mysteriously driving around a Bentley last year, long before he was drafted

I've heard about a lot of athletes that smoke pot or even do harder stuff, although most of them aren't sure-fire pro prospects, so there's less at stake for them. Plus, we have no shortage of criminals. A starter on our basketball team, Daniel Horton, was suspended last year for choking his girlfriend, while a defensive lineman on the football team (Larry Harrison) was caught chronically masturbating on people's front porches. Plus, Braylon Edwards was mysteriously driving around a Bentley last year, long before he was drafted

hhahaha that DT reminds me of a kid i know who got caught masturbating in the library because he was pledging and didnt have any other time to do it. he was charged with lewd behavior and sentenced to like 40 hours of community service...