SportsWrath

LEAVE PLAX ALONE!

osi724dasack

I'm extremely disappointed in him but you won't hear me bashing him too much. I had been waiting a long long time for the Giants to win a superbowl. We've suffered brutal losses throughout the years and it has been damn hard to be a Giants fan at times. Plax carried the offense on his back last year with a ton of injuries and delivered one of the best playoff performances of all time in Green Bay. Without a doubt the offensive MVP of the team last year and possibly MVP of the entire team...

My Favorite Plax moments

5. Game winning TD grab in Philly in overtime to overcome a 21 point deficit to beat the Eagles

4. Stiff arm abuse on a Jets d back to streak the sidelines for a td last year

3. 3 Td receptions opening game last year

2. Abusing Al Harris in the NFC Championship Game

1. Game winning Superbowl 42 touchdown

Unbelievable. I just looked it up. Another Giant. Didn't know about this guy.

But those awful Cowboys...they should kicked that entire team out of the NFL...

And that's akin to saying the Cowboys should've released Irvin before the felony drug indictment or the stabbing.

But hey, they didn't even do it after.....;)

Parker was immediately released and sent to prison.

I'm extremely disappointed in him but you won't hear me bashing him too much. I had been waiting a long long time for the Giants to win a superbowl. We've suffered brutal losses throughout the years and it has been damn hard to be a Giants fan at times. Plax carried the offense on his back last year with a ton of injuries and delivered one of the best playoff performances of all time in Green Bay. Without a doubt the offensive MVP of the team last year and possibly MVP of the entire team...

My Favorite Plax moments

5. Game winning TD grab in Philly in overtime to overcome a 21 point deficit to beat the Eagles

well done...the dog says, let's honor him like a fallen soldier during his finest hour...

And that's akin to saying the Cowboys should've released Irvin before the felony drug indictment or the stabbing.

But hey, they didn't even do it after.....;)

Parker was immediately released and sent to prison.

If he murdered someone, they seriously were not going to keep him on the roster. WTF?

My Favorite Plax moments

those are the times im talking about.

im gonna miss plax knowing he will likely never suit up in giants blue again. (wouldnt doubt cowboy blue out)

well done...the dog says, let's honor him like a fallen soldier during his finest hour...

Of course its not his finest hour, and his actions were reckless, but I don't reserve any spite for him being a complete idiot because he only hurt himself. If someone else were injured/killed, than I would say give him the chair. But I hope for Plax this serves as a wake up call and he can turn his life around. He obviously needs some help. He will own up to these consequences and serve his time if that is what the court so chooses, unlike other high profile WR's I can think of.

No. Not Kerry. But good guess.

Don't we know our own team?

Or are we too embarrassed to mention his name?

What I am loving about this thread is that I see people reading it and leaving without responding...

Kind of like when you leave everytime the Cowboys lose... especially against the Giants

Some of you Giants fans see where I am coming from. And I give you credit.

The rest are acting like hypocrits. And it's sad.

Why can't you just come to terms with the facts that all teams (except the Patriots of the late 90's) do it?

If the guy can help them win a championship, and they can keep him out of trouble, they will sign him.

If the guy is productive, and they can get him out of a mess, they will.

There are surely other teams, besides the Cowboys and Giants, that are guilty of this.

But atleast be honest about the team you purport to root for. They are in the thick of it as well. And it didn't start wil Plax.

Seriously how old are you two that you have never heard about Parker?

You both live in Jersey for christ's sake.

Actually, if Parker was the early 90's I was living out of state.

I'm going to read up more on him. But I'm not going to use whatever on learn on this board or talk about him any further. It is sickening.

I think what is clear to most fair-minded people is that the Giants will not compromise their principles for W's, while Jerry Jones will pretty much do anything or sign anyone regardless of their history or current behaivor if he thinks that will get him closer to a Lombardi Trophy. The sad thing for Jerry and Cowboys fans? When you are chasing that big trophy... Character really matters. Physical talent and athletic ability will only get you so far in the NFL. To really win and achieve greatness, you have to have guys that will fight for each other, trust each other, and have great character. That's why the Giants are who they are and the Cowboys haven't won a playoff game since people were breaking it down to MC Hammer.

Of course its not his finest hour, and his actions were reckless, but I don't reserve any spite for him being a complete idiot because he only hurt himself. If someone else were injured/killed, than I would say give him the chair. But I hope for Plax this serves as a wake up call and he can turn his life around. He obviously needs some help. He will own up to these consequences and serve his time if that is what the court so chooses, unlike other high profile WR's I can think of.

see, this is the logic that makes no sense to the dog...it really isn't such a bad thing because luckily nobody was hurt or killed...that is weak. the fact is, what he did could very well have done either one, and for that, he/or any other who did the same, shouldn't garner any support...just because he got lucky doesn't ake it less of a danger/less of a crime...

Why can't you just come to terms with the facts that all teams (except the Patriots of the late 90's) do it?

If the guy can help them win a championship, and they can keep him out of trouble, they will sign him.

There are surely other teams, besides the Cowboys and Giants, that are guilty of this.

But atleast be honest about the team you purport to root for. They are in the thick of it as well. And it didn't start wil Plax.

Who's doubting that? We're just aware the Cowboys have done it much more than any other team.

Be honest. You know it to be true.

If there's a hyprocrite here, it would be the guy who lacked the nerve to show up until Plax had his little accident.

The guy who can no longer come here to talk about football, because he no longer believes his team is the best in the East, much less the NFL. The guy who wants to downplay the 90's cowboys antics with a self-inflicted gsw.

That's you nummy.

exactly...the dog would argue that this is the issue that will never go resolved in sports...

Seriously how old are you two that you have never heard about Parker?

You both live in Jersey for christ's sake.

sorry...the dog is sure you are more then capable of digging up a post from that time period that would discuss the issue...you are very efficient at doing that....

I think what is clear to most fair-minded people is that the Giants will not compromise their principles for W's, while Jerry Jones will pretty much do anything or sign anyone regardless of their history or current behaivor if he thinks that will get him closer to a Lombardi Trophy. The sad thing for Jerry and Cowboys fans? When you are chasing that big trophy... Character really matters. Physical talent and athletic ability will only get you so far in the NFL. To really win and achieve greatness, you have to have guys that will fight for each other, trust each other, and have great character. That's why the Giants are who they are and the Cowboys haven't won a playoff game since people were breaking it down to MC Hammer.

What principles and when? One could argue they certainly compromised principles in the late 90's.

And is pretty clear that Bradshaw dropped in the draft because of his rap sheet.

But here we go. Back on the soap box.

Actually, if Parker was the early 90's I was living out of state.

I'm going to read up more on him. But I'm not going to use whatever on learn on this board or talk about him any further. It is sickening.

He was drafted 2000. You were both in Jersey right?

sorry...the dog is sure you are more then capable of digging up a post from that time period that would discuss the issue...you are very efficient at doing that....

Right. The search feature is a difficult monster to get the feel of.

Keep trying. You'll eventually get the hang of it.

Who's doubting that? We're just aware the Cowboys have done it much more than any other team.

Be honest. You know it to be true.

If there's a hyprocrite here, it would be the guy who lacked the nerve to show up until Plax had his little accident.

The guy who can no longer come here to talk about football, because he no longer believes his team is the best in the East, much less the NFL. The guy who wants to downplay the 90's cowboys antics with a self-inflicted gsw.

That's you nummy.

I don't defend the Cowboys for their criminal activities.

Right. The search feature is a difficult monster to get the feel of.

Keep trying. You'll eventually get the hang of it.

no need...so long as you are active here...the dog would request that should you ever retire from the boards, that you provide some training for others...

Don't be blind egg. You love spinning things to try to make the Cowboys look like saints and the gods of the NFL when its obvious they are not. You bring up names like Bradshaw... well since you don't know too much about the situation let's discuss it. Bradshaw got into trouble for stealing a video game system. Ok.... He's not calling up hookers and pounding down some blow while in the middle of an NFL season. What he has done is basically the equivalent of a underage alcohol purchase. Meanwhile, a character like Pacman Jones is still in the NFL. The guy has been questioned by police 12 times since he entered into the league, has been directly linked to a man who suffered paralysis at the expense of his friends, fights people who have BEEN HIRED TO KEEP HIM OUT OF TROUBLE. Now on to another man of character... Owens. Sure he has never been arrested, but lets look at his history. He has 1. Called a former quarterback gay 2. Called a different quarterback jealous of him and the reason for his being thrown off the team 3. Gotten into a physical altercation with a fellow player in Philadelphia, been suspended for being a selfish player in general and trashing everyone around him 4. Was more pleased that he performed well in the Superbowl than having his team win etc etc... . Next, jerry jones... Has signed 2 players while they were suspended and lets one back on the team following his 2nd league suspension because the team is desperate and knows their playoff shot is up in the air (also evidenced by signing a trading away big draft picks for a wideout mid season).

The Giants have gotten rid of their cancers.... Shockey was traded, Burress was suspended - The Cowboys refuse to cut ties with Pacman because they have a shot at the playoffs and will do whatever it takes to win (even if that means having cancers on the team).

So lets not start to talk class because one organization has it and the other has sold their souls to the devil

no need...so long as you are active here...the dog would request that should you ever retire from the boards, that you provide some training for others...

Most here are smart enough to grasp it. Most....

You, not so much.