SportsWrath

LEAVE PLAX ALONE!

osi724dasack

lol high morality card? For responding to your little buddy with facts?

What's really funny eggy, is that you have the nerve, as a cowgirl fan, to show up here talking about morals.

Our team immediately suspended plax, while yours would've swept it under the carpet or refused to take action until the league forced your hand.

Bradshaw? All of his trouble was before the draft dumbass, and it's not like he did something that the majority of kids in college haven't done. I suspect you're just a little jealous your team had not the foresight to draft him first.

And if you're referring to Jeremiah Parker, how can the team police a players home?

Nope. Not referring to Jeremiah Parker. Did you become a Giants fan last year?

BadEgg, again, what's your point? You are going to bring up a signing that happened 10 years ago or more? Not only does no one care, no one says that the Giants are on some moral high ground... except when compared to the Cowboys, but every team in the NFL is on a moral high ground compared to them, even the Bengals. It's really just sad how you have to come here and troll about things other than actual football because that's not something you really want to talk about, right?

Nope. Not referring to Jeremiah Parker. Did you become a Giants fan last year?

Yeah I became a giant fan about the time I was telling you Manning could and would win the superbowl.

What was your response to that again?

Christian Peters.

So who cares who has more criminals. We win with ours.

You younger fans should read up on this one. My point is that you can make all the cracks you want about signing suspended players, you also must look at your own team as well.

All teams make questionable signings if they believe it will help them. You are naive if you believe otherwise.

lol high morality card? For responding to your little buddy with facts?

What's really funny eggy, is that you have the nerve, as a cowgirl fan, to show up here talking about morals.

Our team immediately suspended plax, while yours would've swept it under the carpet or refused to take action until the league forced your hand.

Bradshaw? All of his trouble was before the draft dumbass, and it's not like he did something that the majority of kids in college haven't done. I suspect you're just a little jealous your team had not the foresight to draft him first.

And if you're referring to Jeremiah Parker, how can the team police a players home?

they had no choice here...they quietly swept away his team infractions for two years while he was producing, and then recently, when production was down, suddenly he is suspended for a game and it comes out that he had been fined consistently for missing meetings...etc...the dog agrees with bill cowher - so long as a player is producing, every team will protect and hide the offenses...once production goes down, or the player is deemed less valuable to winning, the team will back off with the support...

Yeah I became a giant fan about the time I was telling you Manning could and would win the superbowl.

What was your response to that again?

Nesta, a little homework assignment.

Go to wikipedia and read about Mr. Peters.

Also, read the link at the botton: "A voice for the victims"

Then explain to me why the Giants signed this guy after the Patriots dumped him.

Are you man enough to do this?

From Wiki:

The New York Giants signed him in 1997 as a free agent, on condition that he go through counseling for alcohol abuse, attention deficit disorder and anger management.[5] He went on to play six years with the Giants, Indianapolis Colts and Chicago Bears.

While with the Bears, Christian apologized for his misdeeds at Nebraska.

Nobody can excuse his actions, but the law didn't throw him in prison like they should have either. Personally, I don't think they should have given him a chance, but it looks like he cleaned up his act while with NYG.

they had no choice here...they quietly swept away his team infractions for two years while he was producing, and then recently, when production was down, suddenly he is suspended for a game and it comes out that he had been fined consistently for missing meetings...etc...the dog agrees with bill cowher - so long as a player is producing, every team will protect and hide the offenses...once production goes down, or the player is deemed less valuable to winning, the team will back off with the support...

Yes they most certainly did have a choice. They didn't have to take action until the league forced them to.

And his team infractions weren't kept quiet either. He was fined over and over. Maybe you didn't hear about it until it was on espn, but it wasn't a secret.

You two dipshits act like there's a crowd of Plax apologists here.

You younger fans should read up on this one. My point is that you can make all the cracks you want about signing suspended players, you also must look at your own team as well.

All teams make questionable signings if they believe it will help them. You are naive if you believe otherwise.

cowboys are a little more blatant about it than most. peters was given a very short leash which he stayed on as far as i know. but, point taken.

A weak argument. I don't think fining him hundreds of thousands of dollars is sweeping away infractions. He was late for practice and meetings. Plus they have benched him and suspended him. The Giants have dealt with him appropriately.

Nesta, a little homework assignment.

Go to wikipedia and read about Mr. Peters.

Also, read the link at the botton: "A voice for the victims"

Then explain to me why the Giants signed this guy after the Patriots dumped him.

Are you man enough to do this?

I'm well aware of Peters. How he's the worst moral case of the nfl is beyond me though.

Jeremiah Parker was much worse, but like I said, nothing the Giants could do until after the fact.

And I'm pretty certain I've been a Giants fan long before you jumped the Dallas bandwagon.

I'm well aware of Peters. How he's the worst moral case of the nfl is beyond me though.

Jeremiah Parker was much worse, but like I said, nothing the Giants could do until after the fact.

I'm not going to beat this dead horse. I will let this thread die soon.

But come on. Did you really read that link and the article that also implicates another Giant?

This is about as bad as it gets. Be honest with yourself.

I'm not going to beat this dead horse. I will let this thread die soon.

But come on. Did you really read that link and the article that also implicates another Giant?

This is about as bad as it gets. Be honest with yourself.

It's worse than murdering a child? A child that you're supposed to be the caregiver of?

You're an idiot.

A weak argument. I don't think fining him hundreds of thousands of dollars is sweeping away infractions. He was late for practice and meetings. Plus they have benched him and suspended him. The Giants have dealt with him appropriately.

the point is, they quietly levied fine after fine...it didn't come out until they finally needed to suspend him...and the dog would argue that it is not coincidental that all of this takes place at a point when his production dropped off...the dog isn't attacking the giants here, just saying that ALL professional sports teams handle things this way...there are very few morals when it comes to professional sports and how organizations deal with things...then they wonder why athletes makes decisions and feel they are above the rules - couple the fact that they are cut slack regularly on rule infractions with the fact that 40 year old adults are dressing in their jerseys and standing in line for hours pleading to have them write their names on some article of clothing, and you see why the mentality starts...

the point is, they quietly levied fine after fine...it didn't come out until they finally needed to suspend him...and the dog would argue that it is not coincidental that all of this takes place at a point when his production dropped off...the dog isn't attacking the giants here, just saying that ALL professional sports teams handle things this way...there are very few morals when it comes to professional sports and how organizations deal with things...then they wonder why athletes makes decisions and feel they are above the rules - couple the fact that they are cut slack regularly on rule infractions with the fact that 40 year old adults are dressing in their jerseys and standing in line for hours pleading to have them write their names on some article of clothing, and you see why the mentality starts...

Dog, team infractions are hardly ever reported. What's the point?

It's minor bullshit. Late for meetings? OMG!!!

Missed training? OMG!!

You hear about suspensions, because the player won't be on the field.

People tend to want the reasons for that.

You're comparing this with sweeping a stabbing under the rug. Idiotic.

It's worse than murdering a child? A child that you're supposed to be the caregiver of?

You're an idiot.

It's about as bad as it gets. Of course murder is a little worse.

The point is: All teams will sign these guys. Step off your soap box.

It's about as bad as it gets. Of course murder is a little worse.

The point is: All teams will sign these guys. Step off your soap box.

Go back and read eggy.

Your little buddy claimed no one would take Plax in trade?

My response was more or less what you just said "teams will sign these guys".

Cowboys being the most likely. ;)

No soapbox, just cold hard truth.

Dog, team infractions are hardly ever reported. What's the point?

It's minor bullshit. Late for meetings? OMG!!!

Missed training? OMG!!

You hear about suspensions, because the player won't be on the field.

People tend to want the reasons for that.

You're comparing this with sweeping a stabbing under the rug. Idiotic.

the dog is not comparing anything - the dog is saying that all teams handle things this way. no team takes a very high moral ground if it will impact wins and losses...

and thank you for the parker information - didn't know much about that...

n March of 1996, Irvin was arrested on charges of cocaine possession at a hotel party celebrating his 30th birthday. After numerous court appearances amid a national media circus, which featured Irvin showing up to court in a full-length mink coat, he pled no contest to the charges and was sentenced to community service, ordered to pay a $10,000 fine, and put on 4-years probation. When drug-tested for illicit drugs, he tested negative. But the NFL suspended Irvin for the first five games of the 1996 season.

In Irvin's 1996 absence, the Cowboys struggled out of the gate and never recovered. Upon his return from suspension, Irvin tallied 962 receiving yards in only 11 games.

[edit]1998 alleged assault

In 1998 Irvin was alleged to be involved in a bizarre incident during training camp when he allegedly inflicted a two-inch cut in the neck of Dallas guard Everett McIver while some team members were getting haircuts. Whether it was battery or accidental McIver did not press charges, and rumors swirled that Irvin brokered a six-figure settlement with McIver to drop the matter. Accounts of this incident after the alleged settlement became difficult to find or research in the local Dallas press.[1]

[edit]Sexual assault allegation

Irvin sustained further damage to his reputation in 1996 when controversy reared its head again as the Cowboys prepared to play the Carolina Panthers for their NFC Divisional Playoff game. Media reports stated that Irvin and teammate Erik Williams had sexually assaulted a Dallas woman, Nina Shahravan, and, with a gun to her head, videotaped the interaction.

Despite Williams' and Irvin's denials of the allegations, the story overshadowed the game, which the Cowboys lost. The accuser was later proven to have fabricated the entire incident. She recanted her story, pled guilty to perjury and filing a false police report and was sentenced to 90 days in prison and a fine.

In the first quarter of the playoff game with Carolina, with Shahravan's allegations under active investigation by Dallas police, Irvin suffered a broken collarbone, ending his 1996 season.

A year following his retirement from the NFL, Irvin again was arrested on drug possession charges.[4] In this case, Irvin was in a Dallas apartment with an unrelated woman. Neither answered the door when police drug task force agents arrived with a search warrant. Police entered the apartment forcibly, finding drugs. Irvin and the female were placed under arrest, though charges against Irvin were later dropped.

The promises of a new lifestyle in broadcasting appeared to be short-lived, with Irvin again arrested. In this instance Irvin was pulled over in Plano, Texas for speeding on November 25, 2005. Irvin was arrested on an outstanding warrant on an unpaid speeding ticket in Irving, Texas, but was also cited for misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia after police searched his car and found the marijuana pipe, and plastic bags with marijuana residue.[5] Irvin was arrested for a Class C misdemeanor. He was later released on bond, with ESPN spokesman Josh Krulewitz saying only that: "We are reviewing the facts of the situation and have no comment at this time."

Two days after his arrest, Irvin appeared on ESPN's "Sunday NFL Countdown", as scheduled, on November 27, 2005. In his on-the-air comments that evening, he stated that he had taken the drug paraphernalia away from a longtime friend who was battling a drug addiction. Irvin told the Associated Press he was trying to help someone close to him get off drugs and cares more about that than his chances of being inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame. The next day Irvin said the pipe was in fact his brother's and he (Irvin) was going to throw it out but had forgotten to do so.

the dog is not comparing anything - the dog is saying that all teams handle things this way. no team takes a very high moral ground if it will impact wins and losses...

and thank you for the parker information - didn't know much about that...

You're bringing up team infractions when I commented that the Cowboys would sweep trouble under the rug.

That's night and day.

Nobody remembers the team infractions of the '90s cowboys.

n March of 1996, Irvin was arrested on charges of cocaine possession at a hotel party celebrating his 30th birthday. After numerous court appearances amid a national media circus, which featured Irvin showing up to court in a full-length mink coat, he pled no contest to the charges and was sentenced to community service, ordered to pay a $10,000 fine, and put on 4-years probation. When drug-tested for illicit drugs, he tested negative. But the NFL suspended Irvin for the first five games of the 1996 season.

In Irvin's 1996 absence, the Cowboys struggled out of the gate and never recovered. Upon his return from suspension, Irvin tallied 962 receiving yards in only 11 games.

[edit]1998 alleged assault

In 1998 Irvin was alleged to be involved in a bizarre incident during training camp when he allegedly inflicted a two-inch cut in the neck of Dallas guard Everett McIver while some team members were getting haircuts. Whether it was battery or accidental McIver did not press charges, and rumors swirled that Irvin brokered a six-figure settlement with McIver to drop the matter. Accounts of this incident after the alleged settlement became difficult to find or research in the local Dallas press.[1]

[edit]Sexual assault allegation

Irvin sustained further damage to his reputation in 1996 when controversy reared its head again as the Cowboys prepared to play the Carolina Panthers for their NFC Divisional Playoff game. Media reports stated that Irvin and teammate Erik Williams had sexually assaulted a Dallas woman, Nina Shahravan, and, with a gun to her head, videotaped the interaction.

Despite Williams' and Irvin's denials of the allegations, the story overshadowed the game, which the Cowboys lost. The accuser was later proven to have fabricated the entire incident. She recanted her story, pled guilty to perjury and filing a false police report and was sentenced to 90 days in prison and a fine.

In the first quarter of the playoff game with Carolina, with Shahravan's allegations under active investigation by Dallas police, Irvin suffered a broken collarbone, ending his 1996 season.

A year following his retirement from the NFL, Irvin again was arrested on drug possession charges.[4] In this case, Irvin was in a Dallas apartment with an unrelated woman. Neither answered the door when police drug task force agents arrived with a search warrant. Police entered the apartment forcibly, finding drugs. Irvin and the female were placed under arrest, though charges against Irvin were later dropped.

The promises of a new lifestyle in broadcasting appeared to be short-lived, with Irvin again arrested. In this instance Irvin was pulled over in Plano, Texas for speeding on November 25, 2005. Irvin was arrested on an outstanding warrant on an unpaid speeding ticket in Irving, Texas, but was also cited for misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia after police searched his car and found the marijuana pipe, and plastic bags with marijuana residue.[5] Irvin was arrested for a Class C misdemeanor. He was later released on bond, with ESPN spokesman Josh Krulewitz saying only that: "We are reviewing the facts of the situation and have no comment at this time."

Two days after his arrest, Irvin appeared on ESPN's "Sunday NFL Countdown", as scheduled, on November 27, 2005. In his on-the-air comments that evening, he stated that he had taken the drug paraphernalia away from a longtime friend who was battling a drug addiction. Irvin told the Associated Press he was trying to help someone close to him get off drugs and cares more about that than his chances of being inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame. The next day Irvin said the pipe was in fact his brother's and he (Irvin) was going to throw it out but had forgotten to do so.

Sadly, the longer this thread goes, Irvin looks better and better...