SportsWrath

LEAVE PLAX ALONE!

osi724dasack

you all know its true. we go no where last year without him. Eli probably would have developed into a bad qb without him to goto back when eli was learning the NFL.

he is a HUGE reason of why the team is where it is at this day.

I'm sure Spags' defense has more to do with it, but you're entitled to your opinion.

I seriously doubt he will ever play for us again. I think the only reason he hasnt been cut yet, is cause they will trade him as soon as its a option, to reduce the cap hit. I for one am very happy about it. Now Eli has full power over this offense. No one screaming "*uck you" to Coughlin on the sideline. They said we wouldnt go anywhere after losing all kinds of high profile players the last couple years, yet here we stand 11-1. Hixon is going to prove to be a very good WR, with (I think) more of a upside than Plax.

you all know its true. we go no where last year without him. Eli probably would have developed into a bad qb without him to goto back when eli was learning the NFL.

he is a HUGE reason of why the team is where it is at this day.

:o Is this next for Osi?

LEAVE BRITNEY PLAX ALONE!

I seriously doubt he will ever play for us again. I think the only reason he hasnt been cut yet, is cause they will trade him as soon as its a option, to reduce the cap hit. I for one am very happy about it. Now Eli has full power over this offense. No one screaming "*uck you" to Coughlin on the sideline. They said we wouldnt go anywhere after losing all kinds of high profile players the last couple years, yet here we stand 11-1. Hixon is going to prove to be a very good WR, with (I think) more of a upside than Plax.

the dog would be quite stunned if they are able to trade him. not sure what team would trade anything for him at this point. if he is not serving time, there will always be some team that would sign him after he was released, but to trade anything short of a gatorade jug for him would be ill-advised.

the dog would be quite stunned if they are able to trade him. not sure what team would trade anything for him at this point. if he is not serving time, there will always be some team that would sign him after he was released, but to trade anything short of a gatorade jug for him would be ill-advised.

True. Not like there are teams out there willing to sign players on suspension.

:o

We're not trading Plax. He will retire a Giant.

He did something monumentally stupid.

If he gets even the minimum jail time, his career is pretty much over.

And there's nothing the Giants can do about that.

That's a good point. Literally, self-inflicted.

True. Not like there are teams out there willing to sign players on suspension.

:o

Hmmmmm

He knew he probably wasn't going to be a mid-round pick last year, even though his numbers justified it. Ahmad Bradshaw had rushed for nearly 3,000 yards and more than 30 touchdowns in three years at Marshall, but it was the two arrests that stood out on his résumé.

One, for underage drinking and resisting arrest, happened before Bradshaw enrolled at Virginia. The other, for petty larceny, occurred at Marshall after his sophomore season.

In a year when Pacman Jones would be suspended for the season and the Bengals had more guys turn up on police blotters than in the Pro Bowl, character loomed large. "I always knew that there was a chance I would get drafted late," says the Giants rookie running back, "just because of my background."

But bottom of the seventh round, 250th out of 255? It was the rap sheet. "Commissioner [Roger] Goodell, he was really being tough with off-field conduct stuff, so that teams backed off Ahmad," says general manager Jerry Reese. "The two incidents he had, it wasn't awful stuff with him."

The Giants, who were looking for a change-of-pace back, saw a bargain about to be tossed on the rummage table. "He was just sticking out on the board," recalls Reese. So they made a few background calls, did a little more homework on Bradshaw, and grabbed him. "We said, 'Let's take a chance on this guy; we could hit it big with this kid,' " says Reese. "And obviously, it has paid off thus far."

I love it when you Giants fans play the high morality card. The above piece is an article on Bradshaw if you haven't figured it out. Giants drafted Bradshaw because he was "bargain" because of his "rap sheet."

Bottom line is that all teams take risks on these players. The teams that don't take risks probably reject the player because they believe he can't stay clean or he will be locker room distraction, not because they are trying to build the most morally responsible football team in the NFL.

What cracks me up, is that you guys like to play the morality card when the Giants made one of the most, if not THE most, morally questionable signing back in the 90's.

True Giant fans will know what I am talking about.

True Giants fans would come off their hypocritical soapbox.

Stand up, if you're out there...

I love it when you Giants fans play the high morality card. The above piece is an article on Bradshaw if you haven't figured it out. Giants drafted Bradshaw because he was "bargain" because of his "rap sheet."

Bottom line is that all teams take risks on these players. The teams that don't take risks probably reject the player because they believe he can't stay clean or he will be locker room distraction, not because they are trying to build the most morally responsible football team in the NFL.

What cracks me up, is that you guys like to play the morality card when the Giants made one of the most, if not THE most, morally questionable signing back in the 90's.

Where did all my morally and ethically superior Giants fans go?

What morally questionable signing did the make back in '90's? Is that Kerry Collins your talking about?

He was a drunk and used the N word in the locker room, how is that signing someone who has "questionable

morals?" That's just signing a moron if you ask me.

What morally questionable signing did the make back in '90's? Is that Kerry Collins your talking about?

He was a drunk and used the N word in the locker room, how is that signing someone who has "questionable

morals?" That's just signing a moron if you ask me.

No. Not Kerry. But good guess.

Don't we know our own team?

Or are we too embarrassed to mention his name?

What I am loving about this thread is that I see people reading it and leaving without responding...

In a year when Pacman Jones would be suspended for the season and the Bengals had more guys turn up on police blotters than in the Pro Bowl, character loomed large. "I always knew that there was a chance I would get drafted late," says the Giants rookie running back, "just because of my background."

But bottom of the seventh round, 250th out of 255? It was the rap sheet. "Commissioner [Roger] Goodell, he was really being tough with off-field conduct stuff, so that teams backed off Ahmad," says general manager Jerry Reese. "The two incidents he had, it wasn't awful stuff with him."

The Giants, who were looking for a change-of-pace back, saw a bargain about to be tossed on the rummage table. "He was just sticking out on the board," recalls Reese. So they made a few background calls, did a little more homework on Bradshaw, and grabbed him. "We said, 'Let's take a chance on this guy; we could hit it big with this kid,' " says Reese. "And obviously, it has paid off thus far."

Bradshaw just got a raw deal and the only thing he did was petty theft and then lied about it. He then sent a letter to every team and apologized. There have been many players with far worse character issues that didn't drop that far. Really the better question is how did all the other teams that needed RBs let him drop down that far?

Bradshaw just got a raw deal and the only thing he did was petty theft and then lied about it. He then sent a letter to every team and apologized. There have been many players with far worse character issues that didn't drop that far. Really the better question is how did all the other teams that needed RBs let him drop down that far?

It's not like he did a link across a strippers ass or anything. Dude stole a playstation game,

but let's call in the morality brigade.

No. Not Kerry. But good guess.

Don't we know our own team?

Or are we too embarrassed to mention his name?

What I am loving about this thread is that I see people reading it and leaving without responding...

WOW.

Someone. Anyone. Be a man, read the entire thread, and respond...

lol high morality card? For responding to your little buddy with facts?

What's really funny eggy, is that you have the nerve, as a cowgirl fan, to show up here talking about morals.

Our team immediately suspended plax, while yours would've swept it under the carpet or refused to take action until the league forced your hand.

Bradshaw? All of his trouble was before the draft dumbass, and it's not like he did something that the majority of kids in college haven't done. I suspect you're just a little jealous your team had not the foresight to draft him first.

And if you're referring to Jeremiah Parker, how can the team police a players home?