SportsWrath

NICE TEAM!

BadEgg

Thats what Im saying, about the friend. And I respect what you have to say VG. I just dont know how anyone can predict an accident. I, as well as Im sure Plaxico, knows where the safety is, but it was an accident. I just dont see how someone knows they wont have an accident.

Because I take the precaussions to prevent accidents when it comes to a loaded weapon. If you shoot yourself, it's no accident, somewhere along the line you made a decision to do something that made the gun unsafe. Be it not putting the gun in the safe position, sticking a loaded gun in your pocket, drinking while carrying a loaded gun, and on and on.

Accidents happen to those who treat a loaded weapon as a toy, I am fully certain that a person with knowledge of guns, experience around guns, is respectful of the guns danger and treats it as it is supposed to be treated will not accidentally shoot himself in the leg. Because that person wouldn't be carrying a loaded weapon, while drinking, in the pocket of his sweat pants.

Because I take the precaussions to prevent accidents when it comes to a loaded weapon. If you shoot yourself, it's no accident, somewhere along the line you made a decision to do something that made the gun unsafe. Be it not putting the gun in the safe position, sticking a loaded gun in your pocket, drinking while carrying a loaded gun, and on and on.

Accidents happen to those who treat a loaded weapon as a toy, I am fully certain that a person with knowledge of guns, experience around guns, is respectful of the guns danger and treats it as it is supposed to be treated will not accidentally shoot himself in the leg. Because that person wouldn't be carrying a loaded weapon, while drinking, in the pocket of his sweat pants.

Everything you say is correct. Anyone with that knowledge is not going to shoot themselves.

Unless its an accident.

It has been reported that Antonio Pierce did not know that Plaxico had that gun until he shot himself. So lets just assume for one minute that at the time of the shooting it would be safe to assume that Antonio Pierce did not know that Plaxico's gun was not registered? I am no lawyer, but if I am defending charges against Pierce(which have yet to be determined if at all) I am asking law enforcement how my client knowingly did something wrong by bringing a gun back to its owners home that he had no idea was not registered, a gun by the way which had been emptied of any ammunition after the shooting. IMO there is a huge determination of intent here. We know the hospital legally had to report this incident, no one else did and if we are going to get technical on laws and what Pierce did and did not do I think its a safe assumption that any decent lawyer could prove he did not know what the fuck to do under the circumstances.

Imo here is what has to be proved.

1)did Pierce at any time before the shooting know that Plaxico had a gun?

2)If he did know about the gun before the incident did Pierce know it was unregistered?

3)Did he know it was an unregistered firemarm after the shooting?

Biggest thing here is going to be intent, did he intend to skew things. My guess is he cooperates there is no problems at all. I mean shit, in 1998 they were able to cover up in Dallas a man stabbing a teammate over a haircut, I would imagine a truthful confession about what you knew would warrant nothing more than some advice to get some better friends for Pierce.

Thats not a defense, it's up to you to know the law.

However, the liklihood of anything happening to Pierce is minimal, Plax is the one they want to make an example of, and Pierce was helping a friend in need and human reactions took over.

Everything you say is correct. Anyone with that knowledge is going to shoot themselves.

Unless its an accident.

BB, there are no accidents when it comes to guns. Everything you do with a weapon is the result of an intentional decision and action you made. Anyone who thinks accidents happen with guns should not be a gun owner....No offense meant, seriously. But it's that thinking that leads to so many gun deaths every year, and the wich hunt against guns by politicians.

A gun is safer than driving in a reasonably responsible persons hands.

BB, there are no accidents when it comes to guns. Everything you do with a weapon is the result of an intentional decision and action you made. Anyone who thinks accidents happen with guns should not be a gun owner....No offense meant, seriously. But it's that thinking that leads to so many gun deaths every year, and the wich hunt against guns by politicians.

A gun is safer than driving in a reasonably responsible persons hands.

Oh, Im all for guns. My dad, brothers and I, we're all gun owners and proud of it. And I agree that guns, in the right hands, are safe. I'm kinda pointing out the "accident" thing. If there can not be an accident using a gun, ok. But an accident is just that, an accident. I dont see how someone can say an accident wont happen.

Nice way to turn it in your favor. The point was that doing coke and hiring hookers at all, let alone when your married, is more criminal than carrying a weapon w/o a permit.

Right. Because the doing coke and being with hookers can get the guy standing next to you killed.

Being with hookers may be more morally and ethically wrong than carrying a gun without a permit, but is not more criminal. I would argue the same thing with coke.

It has been reported that Antonio Pierce did not know that Plaxico had that gun until he shot himself. So lets just assume for one minute that at the time of the shooting it would be safe to assume that Antonio Pierce did not know that Plaxico's gun was not registered? I am no lawyer, but if I am defending charges against Pierce(which have yet to be determined if at all) I am asking law enforcement how my client knowingly did something wrong by bringing a gun back to its owners home that he had no idea was not registered, a gun by the way which had been emptied of any ammunition after the shooting. IMO there is a huge determination of intent here. We know the hospital legally had to report this incident, no one else did and if we are going to get technical on laws and what Pierce did and did not do I think its a safe assumption that any decent lawyer could prove he did not know what the fuck to do under the circumstances.

Imo here is what has to be proved.

1)did Pierce at any time before the shooting know that Plaxico had a gun?

2)If he did know about the gun before the incident did Pierce know it was unregistered?

3)Did he know it was an unregistered firemarm after the shooting?

Biggest thing here is going to be intent, did he intend to skew things. My guess is he cooperates there is no problems at all. I mean shit, in 1998 they were able to cover up in Dallas a man stabbing a teammate over a haircut, I would imagine a truthful confession about what you knew would warrant nothing more than some advice to get some better friends for Pierce.

I haven't actually looked at the law, but there are ways around the intent thing. I'd imagine it's written like a statutory rape law -- it would be no defense to say I didn't know she was underage in most cases.

As far as the haircut incident goes, which has nothing to do with this discussion, if it is your turn for a haircut then its your turn for a haircut. People shouldn't cut in line :P

Oh, Im all for guns. My dad, brothers and I, we're all gun owners and proud of it. And I agree that guns, in the right hands, are safe. I'm kinda pointing out the "accident" thing. If there can not be an accident using a gun, ok. But an accident is just that, an accident. I dont see how someone can say an accident wont happen.

Sigh, because it's conscience, intentional, unsafe decisions that lead to accidents. For every action there is a reaction.

Plax decided to put a loaded weapon that was not in the safe position in the pocket of his sweat pants. The gun does what it does, and it even gives you several outs, it has a safety, it gives you the option of loading it while not loading one in the chamber when you decide to carry it in your sweat pants, there are many common precautions that you can take that will make the gun virtually idiot proof, but you have to take those precautions, therefore, it cannot be an accident.

As far as the haircut incident goes, which has nothing to do with this discussion, if it is your turn for a haircut then its your turn for a haircut. People shouldn't cut in line :P

I agree, when a brutha gets on line first you best step if you think you are gonna cut him or you shall be cut ;)

Anyway, what really is irrelevant in this discussion is what Tony Romo did against the Giants, last year in the regular season :P

I do agree though, intent is a big thing and you are correct in a statutory rape comparison. I just think when all is said and done Pierce will be exonerated of everything but being a good friend to an idiot.

One thing to keep in mind here, Pierce and Plax were in different cars. Unlike Bradshaw who by all accounts got the fuck away from Plax when this happened Pierce helped him and drove him home and to the hospital. I think it can be proven that Pierce had no knowledge that Plax was packing before he blew his leg off. Because of this, I think he will be ok. Pierce IMO was in a damned if you do damned if you don't situation. Apparently many members of the team did in fact eat together at an Applebees in NJ that night and some like Steve Smith and Domenick Hixon went home and others chose to go out to that club. Thankfully it seems many of them went home incident free from Applebees.

Moral of the story for me is when you are done eating your ribs go home and chill with your hot wife.

I am aghast that these relatively wealthy men are eating at Applebee's.

I'm pretty sure I know the one they went to also.

relatively wealthy? but i agree, the whole night is disappointing in a NY sports hero sense: Mick, Joltin Joe, Broadway Joe, are all cringing.

relatively wealthy? but i agree, the whole night is disappointing in a NY sports hero sense: Mick, Joltin Joe, Broadway Joe, are all cringing.

Aside from Pierce and Burress, the guys who reportedly went to App's were: Hixon,

Smith and Bradshaw. Hardly guys who are bringing in big time money.

Aside from Pierce and Burress, the guys who reportedly went to App's were: Hixon,

Smith and Bradshaw. Hardly guys who are bringing in big time money.

Rookies and first-year players $285,000

Second-year players $360,000

Third-year $435,000

Fourth-year $510,000

That's Nobu money right there, my friend.

Rookies and first-year players $285,000

Second-year players $360,000

Third-year $435,000

Fourth-year $510,000

That's Nobu money right there, my friend.

Shit, if I were making 285,000 a year, I'd at least eat at The Olive Garden :P

Are you Donovan4prez?

On a sidenote, they were probably at the applebees on Rt 46 by Minisink Rd.

Right near Home Depot in Totowa. By the old Two Guys and Crazy Eddies.