SportsWrath

NICE TEAM!

BadEgg

Still doesn't matter. I highly doubt it will happen, and even if it does, the DA has got to know that Pierce's lawyer will easily get him off. No jury is going to convict unless he deliberately lied to police, and there is no evidence. I really don't understand your point as it pertains to Pierce. Either way, Pierce is going to be fine. Even if we lose him for a game or too, that just means Chase Blackburn picks up the slack as he has already done and done very well when Pierce has missed time.

The point is that Pierce had no business doing anything with the gun. If he did something with the gun, other than turn it over to the police, than I believe he may have committed a crime. And that doesn't hinge on whether he lied to the police or not. Lying to the police would be an additional charge. Nobody is going to prosecute him or convict him of anything for taking Burress to the hospital. :doh:

The point is that Pierce had no business doing anything with the gun. If he did something with the gun, other than turn it over to the police, than I believe he may have committed a crime. And that doesn't hinge on whether he lied to the police or not. Lying to the police would be an additional charge. Nobody is going to prosecute him or convict him of anything for taking Burress to the hospital. :doh:

You nor I know that he did do anything with the gun first of all. Second of all, from what I've seen the police were not on the scene. It's not his gun, he has a bleeding friend that he needs to get out of there. Is he going to leave a loaded weapon on the floor of a club that belongs to Plaxico? If he picks it up and drives Plaxico (and the gun) home to his wife, I don't think that is a convictable offense.

I know you would love it if Pierce were also charged, and suspended for a few games (especially the Dallas game), but I think you are just holding out hope for something that is unlikely to happen.

You nor I know that he did do anything with the gun first of all. Second of all, from what I've seen the police were not on the scene. It's not his gun, he has a bleeding friend that he needs to get out of there. Is he going to leave a loaded weapon on the floor of a club that belongs to Plaxico? If he picks it up and drives Plaxico (and the gun) home to his wife, I don't think that is a convictable offense.

I know you would love it if Pierce were also charged, and suspended for a few games (especially the Dallas game), but I think you are just holding out hope for something that is unlikely to happen.

If Pierce drove Burress to the hospital, and then returned to NJ with the gun in his glove box, he could be charged. That is what they are alleging. The police should have been called and the gun turned over. At the latest, at the hospital.

As far as the Cowboys game, I don't care is he is there or not. In three games last season, Romo ran up nearly 100 points on that defense.

As far as the Cowboys game, I don't care is he is there or not. In three games last season, Romo ran up nearly 100 points on that defense.

Last season we won the superbowl. How many points has Romo run up on THIS seasons Giant's d?

If Pierce drove Burress to the hospital, and then returned to NJ with the gun in his glove box, he could be charged. That is what they are alleging. The police should have been called and the gun turned over. At the latest, at the hospital.

Is Romo playing defense??? Whats your excuse for the 200 yards we put up on you guys with our rushing attack? Oh yea, and we lead the league in points... so goodluck stopping our offense as well. Cowboys season will be over after the Giants game considering they will lose to the Steelers this weekend.

LOL...you're funny egg. You're getting all technical and shit because it's a Giant, knowing good and well if it was you're friend, you'd do the same thing. :rolleyes:

The Giants are better than the Cowboys. Just deal with it.

LOL...you're funny egg. You're getting all technical and shit because it's a Giant, knowing good and well if it was you're friend, you'd do the same thing. :rolleyes:

The Giants are better than the Cowboys. Just deal with it.

I don't know that I would commit a crime in that situation. Sometimes people have to accept responsibility for their own stupid conduct. You can't help everyone. Thankfully, my friends are not dumb enough to shoot themselves...

Last season we won the superbowl. How many points has Romo run up on THIS seasons Giant's d?

He hasn't played the Giants yet. So, I would expect he will make up for lost time in two weeks. And I am going to enjoy it.

I don't know that I would commit a crime in that situation. Sometimes people have to accept responsibility for their own stupid conduct. You can't help everyone. Thankfully, my friends are not dumb enough to shoot themselves...

Thats just it, you dont know what you'd do in the heat of the moment with a good friend when he was in need. The entire situation is bad, and we know that now that we have had time to assess it. But RIGHT when it happens?

Thats just it, you dont know what you'd do in the heat of the moment with a good friend when he was in need. The entire situation is bad, and we know that now that we have had time to assess it. But RIGHT when it happens?

Let me put it this way, BB. I would NOT have kept the gun and driven it back to Jersey. I don't believe I would have ever touched the gun. Probably would have left it on the floor of the club, if that is where it ended up after the dumbass shot his own leg. I would be curious as to when the exact moment was the gun got into Pierce's hands. I would argue that he should have NEVER taken possession of it at any moment if I were the prosecutor. An employee of the club could have simply taken the gun and held it for the police. I'm sure that Pierce was not the only one that saw the dumbass shoot his own leg.

He hasn't played the Giants yet. So, I would expect he will make up for lost time in two weeks. And I am going to enjoy it.

Yeah that was kind of the point eggy.

If anyone here should dwell on the past year, it should be the fans of the superbowl champion Giants.

All those points scored on our D (last year) didn't exactly get you a playoff victory much less a superbowl.

;)

Let me put it this way, BB. I would NOT have kept the gun and driven it back to Jersey. I don't believe I would have ever touched the gun. Probably would have left it on the floor of the club, if that is where it ended up after the dumbass shot his own leg. I would be curious as to when the exact moment was the gun got into Pierce's hands. I would argue that he should have NEVER taken possession of it at any moment if I were the prosecutor. An employee of the club could have simply taken the gun and held it for the police. I'm sure that Pierce was not the only one that saw the dumbass shoot his own leg.

You can call Burress a dumbass all you want, we already know what an idiotic thing it was to do ANYTHING that would get you in trouble. You're little jabs(thats what they are) aren't working, so give that up. And you can also be so sure of what you would do when you're NOT in the heat of the moment all you want, we all know thats just talk. Burress isnt a dumbass because he shot himself, he's a dumbass for knowing he was on thin ice and continuing to do things that can break that ice. You keep talking like you're friggin John Wayne with a gun or something, like you'd never have a gun go off accidentally on you. :rolleyes: And also, if you were with a close friend, and you didnt think of ways to help him, well, thats probably why you dont have any friends.

You can call Burress a dumbass all you want, we already know what an idiotic thing it was to do ANYTHING that would get you in trouble. You're little jabs(thats what they are) aren't working, so give that up. And you can also be so sure of what you would do when you're NOT in the heat of the moment all you want, we all know thats just talk. Burress isnt a dumbass because he shot himself, he's a dumbass for knowing he was on thin ice and continuing to do things that can break that ice. You keep talking like you're friggin John Wayne with a gun or something, like you'd never have a gun go off accidentally on you. :rolleyes: And also, if you were with a close friend, and you didnt think of ways to help him, well, thats probably why you dont have any friends.

Let me address the bold highlights in order:

1) If you accidently shoot yourself with a gun at a NYC club you are officially and undisbutably a dumbass.

2) Yes. I can say with 100% confidence that I will never accidently shoot myself, or anyone else, with a gun.

3) I have friends and sometimes you don't help them by being an enabler. That is the problem with professional athletes in general. There always seems to be someone there to bail them out.

Let me address the bold highlights in order:

1) If you accidently shoot yourself with a gun at a NYC club you are officially and undisbutably a dumbass.

2) Yes. I can say with 100% confidence that I will never accidently shoot myself, or anyone else, with a gun.

3) I have friends and sometimes you don't help them by being an enabler. That is the problem with professional athletes in general. There always seems to be someone there to bail them out.

1) Says you.

2) There's no way you can say that for sure. Thats why its called an ACCIDENT.

3) Again, if you have time to stop and assess all of the damage that could be done to you, then friend or not, you dont help them. But in the heat of the moment, I think you react quickly and the first thing you think of is helping a friend.

1) Says you.

2) There's no way you can say that for sure. Thats why its called an ACCIDENT.

3) Again, if you have time to stop and assess all of the damage that could be done to you, then friend or not, you dont help them. But in the heat of the moment, I think you react quickly and the first thing you think of is helping a friend.

You are insane. You need to stop blindly defending these people. Really, for your own good.

I can say with a high level of certainty I will never shoot myself, i understand how the safety works, and I am also aware that carrying a loaded weapon while drinking is not in my best interest. Those two things I can be absolutely certain of.

As for Pierce, I agree with you, in the heat opf the moment, my good friend bleeding and needing medical assistance, I admit i probly do pick the gun up. When everything is hitting that fast, I'm looking to protect my friend. I admit that freely.

Again.... does Romo play defense? Could he have stopped a 200 yard rushing performance? Can he stop the league leading offense we have? NAWWWWWWWWWWWW

The Dallas defense is better than it was the first time around and yes Romo does help the defense. He scores points and keeps them off the field. Unlike, BJ and BB who turned the ball over or went three and out. The Dallas defense was not horrible the first half of the last Giants game, especially after the first series. By halftime, however, they were worn out because the offense did nothing. And continued to do nothing by turning the ball over on the third play of the second half.

You are insane. You need to stop blindly defending these people. Really, for your own good.

I'm not defending them because they are Giants or pro atheletes, Im saying that you cant be so sure you know EXACTLY what you'd do in the heat of the moment when you know your friend is hurt. And you act like Plax raped someone. He got caught carrying a weapon w/o a permit. There's a big difference in that, and lets say, a bunch of pro football players that played in a city called Dallas and had coke parties with hookers while their wives were at home.

I can say with a high level of certainty I will never shoot myself, i understand how the safety works, and I am also aware that carrying a loaded weapon while drinking is not in my best interest. Those two things I can be absolutely certain of.

As for Pierce, I agree with you, in the heat opf the moment, my good friend bleeding and needing medical assistance, I admit i probly do pick the gun up. When everything is hitting that fast, I'm looking to protect my friend. I admit that freely.

Thats what Im saying, about the friend. And I respect what you have to say VG. I just dont know how anyone can predict an accident. I, as well as Im sure Plaxico, knows where the safety is, but it was an accident. I just dont see how someone knows they wont have an accident.

I'm not defending them because they are Giants or pro atheletes, Im saying that you cant be so sure you know EXACTLY what you'd do in the heat of the moment when you know your friend is hurt. And you act like Plax raped someone. He got caught carrying a weapon w/o a permit. There's a big difference in that, and lets say, a bunch of pro football players that played in a city called Dallas and had coke parties with hookers while their wives were at home.

To be honest with you, as a law abiding citizen and someone who is in NY clubs at least once a year, I would prefer that the professional athletes get a hotel room and hookers, rather than bring guns to the clubs. He's lucky he didn't kill someone.

It has been reported that Antonio Pierce did not know that Plaxico had that gun until he shot himself. So lets just assume for one minute that at the time of the shooting it would be safe to assume that Antonio Pierce did not know that Plaxico's gun was not registered? I am no lawyer, but if I am defending charges against Pierce(which have yet to be determined if at all) I am asking law enforcement how my client knowingly did something wrong by bringing a gun back to its owners home that he had no idea was not registered, a gun by the way which had been emptied of any ammunition after the shooting. IMO there is a huge determination of intent here. We know the hospital legally had to report this incident, no one else did and if we are going to get technical on laws and what Pierce did and did not do I think its a safe assumption that any decent lawyer could prove he did not know what the fuck to do under the circumstances.

Imo here is what has to be proved.

1)did Pierce at any time before the shooting know that Plaxico had a gun?

2)If he did know about the gun before the incident did Pierce know it was unregistered?

3)Did he know it was an unregistered firemarm after the shooting?

Biggest thing here is going to be intent, did he intend to skew things. My guess is he cooperates there is no problems at all. I mean shit, in 1998 they were able to cover up in Dallas a man stabbing a teammate over a haircut, I would imagine a truthful confession about what you knew would warrant nothing more than some advice to get some better friends for Pierce.

To be honest with you, as a law abiding citizen and someone who is in NY clubs at least once a year, I would prefer that the professional athletes get a hotel room and hookers, rather than bring guns to the clubs. He's lucky he didn't kill someone.

Nice way to turn it in your favor. The point was that doing coke and hiring hookers at all, let alone when your married, is more criminal than carrying a weapon w/o a permit.