SportsWrath

Matchup against Arizona

ppodlesny

I think if we can control the clock, obviously that requires our run game to be in peak form again, we wont have to worry about Kurt.

Seriously we have all see Warner play and allot of members here have been involved with countless warner debates back on giants.com

If Ny generates any and I mean ANY kind of pressure on Warner it's going to get ugly and ugly quick. I don't see AZ D-line slowing our HB's with or without Jacobs. Look at AZ's division it's a total fucking joke. I was worried about last week and the #1 run defense in the league clearly I had nothing to worry about.

The one thing that can lose us this weekend is mistakes thats it. Not floppy thumb and not the AZ wideouts.

Seriously we have all see Warner play and allot of members here have been involved with countless warner debates back on giants.com

If Ny generates any and I mean ANY kind of pressure on Warner it's going to get ugly and ugly quick. I don't see AZ D-line slowing our HB's with or without Jacobs. Look at AZ's division it's a total fucking joke. I was worried about last week and the #1 run defense in the league clearly I had nothing to worry about.

The one thing that can lose us this weekend is mistakes thats it. Not floppy thumb and not the AZ wideouts.

To his credit, he's had a really impressive renaissance and he's done a lot to fix his ball security issues. He's been wearing two gloves and he's altered his delivery to not expose the ball while scanning the field. I think he's fumbled just five times this year. He more closely resembles the Rams QB than the punch-drunk gunshy old man that played half a season for us.

JAY NOVA CHECK SAYS:

Giants (9-1) at Cardinals (7-3)

This is an excellent Giants team. The Cardinals are pretty good. So what will be the difference here?

New York's defense relies on pressuring the quarterback to create turnovers, put opponents in third-and-long situations and give its offense easy scoring opportunities. But the Cardinals have done an excellent job this season protecting Kurt Warner.

Warner, for his part, does an excellent job sidestepping onrushing defense to create more time to throw and he certainly has plenty of capable receivers to target. If Warner gets into a groove, he could take apart the Giants' secondary, which has been their one suspect area this season.

Pick: Cardinals

JAY NOVA CHECK SAYS:

This is an excellent Giants team. The Cardinals are pretty good. So what will be the difference here?

New York's defense relies on pressuring the quarterback to create turnovers, put opponents in third-and-long situations and give its offense easy scoring opportunities. But the Cardinals have done an excellent job this season protecting Kurt Warner.

Warner, for his part, does an excellent job sidestepping onrushing defense to create more time to throw and he certainly has plenty of capable receivers to target. If Warner gets into a groove, he could take apart the Giants' secondary, which has been their one suspect area this season.

What the hell does Jay Novacek know anyway? :P

JAY NOVA CHECK SAYS:

This is not surprising.

Jay has picked against us the majority of this season and last. Only recently has he started giving the giants credit as being a good team, but he still picks against us for the most part.

am the only one who thinks this game is going to be over at half time?

Giants 47

Cardinals 10

halftime score

Seriously, the Cardinals are not a good team, theyre a bad team. They just happen to be the best of the complete shit that is the NFC West. If the Giants dont destroy them, I'll be shocked. I thinks its going to be an embarrassing game for the Cardinals. The Giants might put up 70 points in this game and thats with Manningham, Moss and Carr playing the entire second half with Droughns as the featured HB.

Giants 47

Cardinals 10

halftime score

Seriously, the Cardinals are not a good team, theyre a bad team. They just happen to be the best of the complete shit that is the NFC West. If the Giants dont destroy them, I'll be shocked. I thinks its going to be an embarrassing game for the Cardinals. The Giants might put up 70 points in this game and thats with Manningham, Moss and Carr playing the entire second half with Droughns as the featured HB.

I sure hope so. I dont perform well when Im intoxicated around rival fans whose team is beating mine. <_<

Giants 47

Cardinals 10

halftime score

the dog isn't sure how you can say this...if they should win this weekend, they are only a game behind the giants and panthers for the #1 seed with only five games left...the division is horrific, but they have the best receiving tandem in the league right now...and warner is a very good QB.

that being said, the giants should win this game...but to think it is going to be a walk in the park is crazy...not that it couldn't be (see the ravens game), but the cardinals are not a bad team...

Pass Defense

Giants: 2nd

Arizona: 16th

Rushing Defense

Giants: 8th

Arizona: 7th

Pass Offense

Giants: 19th

Arizona: 2nd

Rush Offense

Giants: 1st

Arizona: 29th

RECORD

Giants: 9-1

Arizona: 7-3

Points Per game

Giants: 29.2 (1st in the NFL)

Arizona: 28.9 (3rd in the NFL)

My take, blitz the shit out of Warner

Arizona can score in bunches, but Warner is a statue. Getting pressure on him is absolutely critical….if he has time, this is a game that could become very uncomfortable. I’d say the key is to jam the wideouts to keep them from running quick slants all day, and force Warner to release early.

I love Kurt, but not next weekend. The only time I’ve seen him play since Eli took over has been on highlights, so that can be deceiving. I remember when Eli took over, our sacks allowed dropped like a stone….Kurt used to hold on to the ball foooooooorever waiting for the big play….if he does that next Sunday, our front seven will murder him.

Should be another great game….if we win we’d be a virtual lock for a playoff spot (I only say this because even with a complete catastrophe the worst we could finish would be 7-4 in the conference and 3-3 in the division after this….I think my math is right).

PREDICTION: Eli tends to play great in good climates, and it won't get any nicer than AZ in November. I’m going to go out on a limb and say the Super Bowl mojo from last season gets into Eli…..400+ yards, 3 TDs…..45-28 Giants.

the dog isn't sure how you can say this...if they should win this weekend, they are only a game behind the giants and panthers for the #1 seed with only five games left...the division is horrific, but they have the best receiving tandem in the league right now...and warner is a very good QB.

that being said, the giants should win this game...but to think it is going to be a walk in the park is crazy...not that it couldn't be (see the ravens game), but the cardinals are not a bad team...

the Cardinals are not going to win. How about a little side bet? If the Hugh Gereckshun is wrong and Cardinals win, or even better come within 20 points of the Giants, The Hugh Gereckshun will change his screen name to whatever you like. If, Im right, you never post here again, fair enough?

The Hugh Gereckshun is also wondering if the Cardinals lost to the Cowboys would the Dog even be responding to this.

the Cardinals are not going to win. How about a little side bet? If the Hugh Gereckshun is wrong and Cardinals win, or even better come within 20 points of the Giants, The Hugh Gereckshun will change his screen name to whatever you like. If, Im right, you never post here again, fair enough?

The Hugh Gereckshun is also wondering if the Cardinals lost to the Cowboys would the Dog even be responding to this.

In 3rd person, shouldn't you just be the gereckshun?

oh, the dog enjoys the company of these fine people here way too much to rest his fate in the hands of the cardinals...your cardinal/cowboy comment is perplexing, so the dog will choose not to respond until further clarification is given.

the dog agrees that the giants should win, but to say the cardinals are a bad team demonstrates a lack of knowledge...are they a great team? no...Are they a product of a bad division? probably....are they bad? no - and they have talent in places that makes them a threat to any team on any given day...like it or not, warner is a very good NFL QB, and he has the best receiver tandem in the league to throw to...if he is given enough time to throw, he will make the necessary plays that can beat any team (and yes, even your precious giants)...