SportsWrath

Giants v.s. Ravens

Lughead

They had a strong opportunity to make it a contest at kickoff, didn't see him dancing then. It was stupid, they were down 2 scores.

Well as we all know, TJ Duckett has been a raving success in the NFL.

And on their next possession, they were on their way to making it a 20-17 game if not for an unfortunate bounce. His TD put them back in the game

Chad Johnson isn't silly?

Hiding props in the endzone, dying your hair, changing your name, all of that crap just childish antics to garner attention to himself in a team sport. Doesn't get more silly in the nfl.

He's an entertainer committing victimless crimes. It certainly hasn't affected his play (though Ryan Fitzpatrick has)...

He's an entertainer committing victimless crimes. It certainly hasn't affected his play (though Ryan Fitzpatrick has)...

He's playing as well with Fitzpatrick as he did with Palmer, so something other than the QB is affecting him.

Yet, Housmanwhatever is on the other side and his play is twice what Johnson's doing. Same QB.

lol that's funny.

It's a professional football game. What more entertainment do you need? There is a victim. It's the team. That's why these guys are referred to as cancers.

lol that's funny.

It's a professional football game. What more entertainment do you need? There is a victim. It's the team. That's why these guys are referred to as cancers.

Before this year, Chad Johnson was routinely putting up 90 catches and 1400 yards. Undisputably one of the absolute best players at his position. His team was victimized by his celebrations? Not a chance. They were victimized by shoddy management that would populate the team with misanthropes. That was the cancer debilitating that team, not the guys doing the (unpenalized) Riverdance in the end zone, or jokingly proposing to a cheerleader. Maybe you could call him a cancer because of contract disputes and a recently mercurial relationship with the media, but then you're shifting the terms of the debate.

He's playing as well with Fitzpatrick as he did with Palmer, so something other than the QB is affecting him.

Yet, Housmanwhatever is on the other side and his play is twice what Johnson's doing. Same QB.

Probably the defense that's trying to not let him catch passes. I'd say that's affecting him. It's easy to take away a team's biggest threat when they have a marginal QB, poor pass pro, and no running game. It's also easy to see how that scenario would lead to more production for a possession receiver who does his best work in short-to-intermediate zones.

Has Chad Johnson even done a crazy celebration this year??

Before this year, Chad Johnson was routinely putting up 90 catches and 1400 yards. Undisputably one of the absolute best players at his position. His team was victimized by his celebrations? Not a chance. They were victimized by shoddy management that would populate the team with misanthropes. That was the cancer debilitating that team, not the guys doing the (unpenalized) Riverdance in the end zone, or jokingly proposing to a cheerleader. Maybe you could call him a cancer because of contract disputes and a recently mercurial relationship with the media, but then you're shifting the terms of the debate.

What he does is make the team and teamwork about him. You're telling me that has no adverse effects on his team mates. BS

It would be different if his attention-whore antics were to inspire his team, but that's obviously not the case. If it were, he'd be loudest right now when they actually need his clown show. But for Ocho, it's a quiet year. You know why? No Ocho highlights.

What he does is make the team and teamwork about him. You're telling me that has no adverse effects on his team mates. BS

It would be different if his attention-whore antics were to inspire his team, but that's obviously not the case. If it were, he'd be loudest right now when they actually need his clown show. But for Ocho, it's a quiet year. You know why? No Ocho highlights.

I haven't seen one of his teammates even insinuate that Chad Johnson's behavior has been problematic to their team. Not one. Not even his head coach or QB. Keep in mind that before becoming perhaps the most high-profile WR in the league, he was reverred for his work ethic, spending nights at the complex, working with Jerry Rice, etc.

And again, we're talking about him celebrating success. When you're team is 1-8-1, there's not much to celebrate. I'm not sure Barry Cofield was inspiring the team when he did his "Don't tase me, bro" dance. What types of celebrations inspire the team? Pouring popcorn on one's face? Dunking over the goalpost? Or should guys withhold emotion because they are just doing a job and not playing a GAME.

Damn money your still on the money...I guess drama is retired? How hard did you laugh at McNabb's comments this past weekend?

I haven't seen one of his teammates even insinuate that Chad Johnson's behavior has been problematic to their team. Not one. Not even his head coach or QB. Keep in mind that before becoming perhaps the most high-profile WR in the league, he was reverred for his work ethic, spending nights at the complex, working with Jerry Rice, etc.

And again, we're talking about him celebrating success. When you're team is 1-8-1, there's not much to celebrate. I'm not sure Barry Cofield was inspiring the team when he did his "Don't tase me, bro" dance. What types of celebrations inspire the team? Pouring popcorn on one's face? Dunking over the goalpost? Or should guys withhold emotion because they are just doing a job and not playing a GAME.

I think you and boo are discussing celebrating success. I'm saying his antics are 'silly' remember.

How exactly is changing his name celebrating success? It's not. It's not about that at all. It's about drawing attention to himself in a team sport.

You can't expect people who share the locker room just to come out and say they're sick of his shit. Doesn't mean they're not.

And I never said anything about his play on the field.

Damn money your still on the money...I guess drama is retired? How hard did you laugh at McNabb's comments this past weekend?

McNabb always struck me as a reasoanbly smart guy. For him to admit that was just dumbfounding. He's carving out quite a legacy for himself. Vomiting during a game, having his mom fight all his public battles, running out of gas during the Super Bowl, and then demonstrating just an unfathomable lack of awareness ("What happens if it happens in the playoffs?" -- WTF!). Wow.

I think you and boo are discussing celebrating success. I'm saying his antics are 'silly' remember.

How exactly is changing his name celebrating success? It's not. It's not about that at all. It's about drawing attention to himself in a team sport.

You can't expect people who share the locker room just to come out and say they're sick of his shit. Doesn't mean they're not.

If you want to criticize changing his name, fine. I don't find his TD celebrations to be silly or detrimental to the team. And while other "cancerous" WRs like Terrell Owens and Randy Moss have been exiled from previous teams (and publicly ripped apart), Johnson has been a fixture in Cincinnati. And he has a lot of former teammates that have bypassed the opportunity to be critical of him, too.

If you want to criticize changing his name, fine. I don't find his TD celebrations to be silly or detrimental to the team. And while other "cancerous" WRs like Terrell Owens and Randy Moss have been exiled from previous teams (and publicly ripped apart), Johnson has been a fixture in Cincinnati. And he has a lot of former teammates that have bypassed the opportunity to be critical of him, too.

No, I'm criticizing his whole 'me first' act. From changing his name, to calling his qb a liar in the media, to planting props in the endzone. If you think no one in Cinncinatti is sick of his antics you're kidding yourself.

Silly debate. Any team that has Chris Henry as a WR is hard-pressed to call any other WR a "cancer." A pain in the ass, childish, sure. And his off season bullshit was pretty intense. But the police weren't involved, and for that team, that's a plus.

Saying that, I think Chad would be a bit hurt if people didn't think his celebrations were silly.

I not debating celebrating success as much as I'm saying that when you have guys celebrating Touchdowns and they are losing games, it shows a me first attitude more so. And a lot of players and coaches in the league feel the same way.

If TJ Duckett wants to celebrate when he's down 4 Td's, then he too is an idiot.

If Barry Cofield celebrates with a dance while he's losing a game, I'll call him an idiot also.

There's a reason you were losing in the first place, the other team was kicking your ass. STFU and get back to winning.

No, I'm criticizing his whole 'me first' act. From changing his name, to calling his qb a liar in the media, to planting props in the endzone. If you think no one in Cinncinatti is sick of his antics you're kidding yourself.

Then why is he still on the team? You went as far to call him a cancer, but there's no evidence of his team or teammates agreeing with that. That amounts to a logical disconnect.

I not debating celebrating success as much as I'm saying that when you have guys celebrating Touchdowns and they are losing games, it shows a me first attitude more so. And a lot of players and coaches in the league feel the same way.

If TJ Duckett wants to celebrate when he's down 4 Td's, then he too is an idiot.

If Barry Cofield celebrates with a dance while he's losing a game, I'll call him an idiot also.

There's a reason you were losing in the first place, the other team was kicking your ass. STFU and get back to winning.

Can you say with any certainty that the majority of Chad Johnson's celebrations came when his team was losing?

From what I recall, most of his celebrations would occur early in the game.

And again, it's a game and guys are trying to have fun. You're allowed to show emotion if you're losing 13-10 in the second quarter.

Then why is he still on the team? You went as far to call him a cancer, but there's no evidence of his team or teammates agreeing with that. That amounts to a logical disconnect.

When you consider the mentality of some of the players you are saying may call him a cancer, it's not that illogical. I mean like Fish mentioned the whole Chris Henry situation, any org willing to backpedal on such a sensitive issue leaves a lot to be desired. You didn't hear many teamates speaking out about it.

I find it amazing Marvin Lewis still has a job, he's done a terrible job out there.

Can you say with any certainty that the majority of Chad Johnson's celebrations came when his team was losing?

From what I recall, most of his celebrations would occur early in the game.

And again, it's a game and guys are trying to have fun. You're allowed to show emotion if you're losing 13-10 in the second quarter.

I didn't bring up Chad Johnson here at all Money. I'm refering to guys like McClain and Duckett (your example).

And yes, you are probably correct, when Johnson scored and the Bengals were leading I'm sure he was celebrating. But again I didn't dispute that issue.

Fun in the NFL is winning, if you lose in the NFL and you celebrate your personal success then you are frowned upon, not just by me, but the media, your teamates, your opponents.

Where's the 13-10 score coming from?

Come on. Why is Chris Henry still on the team? They're in desperate need.

I called him a cancer, I never said his teammates have. I don't actually recall any football player ever calling his own teammate a cancer.

But there is not a doubt in my mind that some of his teammates are sick of him and his sideshow. The fact that they haven't come out and stated it in the media means nothing. Talking to the media is Ocho Cinco's MO.

I didn't bring up Chad Johnson here at all Money. I'm refering to guys like McClain and Duckett (your example).

And yes, you are probably correct, when Johnson scored and the Bengals were leading I'm sure he was celebrating. But again I didn't dispute that issue.

Fun in the NFL is winning, if you lose in the NFL and you celebrate your personal success then you are frowned upon, not just by me, but the media, your teamates, your opponents.

Where's the 13-10 score coming from?

Well, Duckett was my example of someone being idiotic because the outcome of the game was already determined. In McClain's case, he put his team back in the game and showed enthusiasm because of it.

You said if a team is losing, players shouldn't celebrate any success. If a team is down, for example, 13-10 in the second quarter and makes a big play (sack, int, whatever), I see no problem with a display of emotion.

Winning is fun -- that's why I don't see any problem with guys celebrating during a game where the outcome is yet to be determined. You don't see anyone doing an end zone dance when it's 0:00 on the clock and they've been apart of a losing effort.

Come on. Why is Chris Henry still on the team? They're in desperate need.

I called him a cancer, I never said his teammates have. I don't actually recall any football player ever calling his own teammate a cancer.

But there is not a doubt in my mind that some of his teammates are sick of him and his sideshow. The fact that they haven't come out and stated it in the media means nothing. Talking to the media is Ocho Cinco's MO.

Chris Henry is a guy that's been arrested multiple times and suspended by the league. Chad Johnson danced in the end zone after some touchdowns. There's a big difference between the two. And they only brought Henry back because of injuries at WR. Johnson's presence on the team was never questioned.

They have had opportunities to trade or release Chad. They weren't forced to sign him to a long-term extension. If they viewed him as problematic, they wouldn't have already announced that he'll be on the team next year. He's just any easy target now because his team sucks and he's their most high-profile player. And his celebrations haven't taken place this year ... why? ... because his team is awful and he understands that.

It's just very presumptious to believe some of his teammates resent him because of touchdown celebrations with nary any evidence. At least, once upon a time when the Bengals weren't a complete plane crash, he was scoring TDs while his other teammates were busy frequenting the local constabularies.

Chris Henry is a guy that's been arrested multiple times and suspended by the league. Chad Johnson danced in the end zone after some touchdowns. There's a big difference between the two. And they only brought Henry back because of injuries at WR. Johnson's presence on the team was never questioned.

They have had opportunities to trade or release Chad. They weren't forced to sign him to a long-term extension. If they viewed him as problematic, they wouldn't have already announced that he'll be on the team next year. He's just any easy target now because his team sucks and he's their most high-profile player. And his celebrations haven't taken place this year ... why? ... because his team is awful and he understands that.

It's just very presumptious to believe some of his teammates resent him because of touchdown celebrations with nary any evidence. At least, once upon a time when the Bengals weren't a complete plane crash, he was scoring TDs while his other teammates were busy frequenting the local constabularies.

Exactly my point. If they can't afford to let go of the thug Henry it doesn't make sense to boot 85 for being an ass clown. Fact is they are desperate at the position.

You were wrong btw. There have been several reports of his teammates being tired of his act.

No names ofcourse, but that doesn't invalidate them.