SportsWrath

Hypothetical question

ksm7

not that this is likely to happen, but what would be the plan in the event that both the giants and the jets ended up hosting the conference championship games? the dog assumes that the nfl would have to change one of the games to saturday, but then how is that decision made, as it would have some impact on the teams preparation and schedules (i.e., two teams playing on a short week...)...not the most exciting topic, but a thought the dog had since people seem suddenly jazzed up about the jets potentially beating the patriots tomorrow...

12:15, 8:15 ?

the dog thought about that as well, but the potential disaster of having that many fans to usher quickly out of the stadium and bring in a second set would be a nightmare...especially with alcohol in the mix...and the dog isn't sure what the prep work would be to change the stadium turf over...

the dog thought about that as well, but the potential disaster of having that many fans to usher quickly out of the stadium and bring in a second set would be a nightmare...especially with alcohol in the mix...and the dog isn't sure what the prep work would be to change the stadium turf over...

I thought about the turf as well. I don't think ushering fans would be that hard. The first game would probably end before 3:30. That would leave 4+ hours to get all the Jet fans out and Giant fans in. I think it can be done. About the turf, I don't know. :unsure:

Most likely they'd just move a game to Saturday night.

I thought about the turf as well. I don't think ushering fans would be that hard. The first game would probably end before 3:30. That would leave 4+ hours to get all the Jet fans out and Giant fans in. I think it can be done. About the turf, I don't know. :unsure:

Most likely they'd just move a game to Saturday night.

Not to mention all the clean up of trash, confetti, etc. Don't forget all the food that has to be made and the people working at the stadium...OVERTIME!!!!!!

Not to mention all the clean up of trash, confetti, etc. Don't forget all the food that has to be made and the people working at the stadium...OVERTIME!!!!!!

Getting the AFC media out and the NFC media in, and that doesn't even cover the transition from CBS to Fox. I just don't think it is feasible.

It would be an issue, however the only real solution would be to have the games on Sat. and Sun. Since there are Divisional Playoff games on Saturday and Sunday, one option could be to have one conference play on Saturday and the other on Sunday and the winners of the divisional games to meet in the Conference Championships on the same day during the next weekend. Problem with that is getting the networks to agree to that setup.

Pretty tall order to even get to that point. Both teams have to be division winners the same year (wildcards can't host), then make the championship games, then be the teams with the highest seeding going into the game.

Niether team has won their division yet (in fact, there's no guarantee the Jets make the playoffs), there's no way the Jets are going to be top seed in the AFC (and it's not written in stone that we will, either); so even this year, I wouldn't bet the car keys on this happening.

didn't deny it, i noticed. i know 2 ladies that are colts fans- it's not a crime- you should be proud.

um, the dog is wondering what part of "it's just a coincidence" doesn't count as a denial? nevermind, cowardly and inept...you keep plugging away!!