SportsWrath

Think Shockey feels like he f'd up yet?

Nesta

I do not think Shockey has enough humility to ever think HE fucked up... his problems are obviously the Saints training staff's fault.

Come on. You know he's looking at the standings thinking 'what if'....

He might have a superbowl ring, but it's basically meaningless to him.

I'd like to know what happened to make Brees go off on him like that.

I know..Brees always comes off as one of those guys who is just an easy going guy, not to get up anyones face about anything. Shock most have said something really fucked up to make him go off, like you said. Anyone else have a feeling Shock might not be a Saint next year? Hello Al Davis?

I have no feelings toward shockey, fuck him. What I'm happy about is each week you see Eli getting more comfortable with Boss. What, 3 straight weeks with a TD? Some very important passes going his way too.

Career high, 69 pass yards on six receptions..lead the team in receptions today too.

he'll play 3 more average years after this and then he'll be out of the league. His body is broken down. I remember those early years where he burned people on fade routes like he was a wideout. 20, 30, 40 yard catches. He's not capable of those now.

I still get a chuckle thinking about those fools on the gmb who were calling him the next Bavaro.

Woh is me. I was just reading studs and duds on NFL Fanhouse and they have a poll for biggest stud, with Jacobs of course, and one option is Tight Ends (Except Shockey). How far the mighty have fallen but at least in New Orleans he gets 9 yard curls.

And it gets better: SHOCKEY IS “HATED” BY SOME SAINTS (Brees Maybe?)

SHOCKEY IS “HATED” BY SOME SAINTS

Posted by Mike Florio on November 10, 2008, 10:09 a.m. EST

In the wake of images of Saints quarterback Drew Brees giving the verbal business to tight end Jeremy Shockey during Sunday’s season-killing loss to the Falcons, we’re hearing that multiple players and coaches have privately been making it known that Shockey is not Mr. Popularity in the locker room.

As one source told us, Shockey already is “hated” by more than a few members of the organization.

The reasons relate to both on-field and off-field conduct. “Things in London, things in practice, things in games,” the source said.

Though we thought this eventually would happen in New Orleans, we didn’t think it would unfold so soon. Instead, we thought that Shockey would be on his best behavior for his first year with the team, in an effort to prove to the folks in New York that he wasn’t a problem.

Our guess is that Shockey might not get a chance to extend his stay in New Orleans by a second season. His salary is due to spike from $1.925 million to $3.025 million next year. Absent a steep reduction in his salary, Shockey might join DeAngelo Hall as players on whom second-round and fifth-round picks were wasted.

Meanwhile, the Giants are soaring at 8-1, and they’ll have a chance to get even better next year with two of the the Saints’ draft picks.

In fact, there’s still a chance that, in the end, the Giants instead will have New Orleans’ first-round pick, which currently is on track to be much higher in the round than anyone expected.

Thanks in no small part to Shockey.

Shockey had a hissy fit on the sidelines and Brees blew up in his face, I really wish I was a towel boy for the Saints just so I could hear what Bress said.

A towel boy? Aim low why dontcha?

Woh is me. I was just reading studs and duds on NFL Fanhouse and they have a poll for biggest stud, with Jacobs of course, and one option is Tight Ends (Except Shockey). How far the mighty have fallen but at least in New Orleans he gets 9 yard curls.

And it gets better: SHOCKEY IS “HATED” BY SOME SAINTS (Brees Maybe?)

lol that deal just keeps getting better.

i watched the highlights and didn't see shockey's hissy fit- just him dropping a pass and brees losing it on the sidelines. shockey didn't react to brees much.

N.O.'s problem is they cannot stop anyone, shockey doesn't play defense.

i watched the highlights and didn't see Shockey's hissy fit- just him dropping a pass and brees losing it on the sidelines. Shockey didn't react to Brees much.

N.O.'s problem is they cannot stop anyone, Shockey doesn't play defense.

I think Shockey just dropped a pass at the wrong time and Brees needed to vent; I am sure Shockey shrugging everything off didn't help. Brees is playing almost MVP ball and the Saints still can't win. Poor guy is going to feel like Palmer soon.