SportsWrath

beltran

shockey1225

i think im in a few of people who were not dissapointed by his performance last year..he was great with his glove and i think we all knew we overpaid for him but we had to do whatever it took to get him

i think he will get 35 HR's and over 100 RBI's this year

just because of the addition of delgado..now im not really that big on him but i think he takes the pressure off of carlos :)

Beltran will definitely get back to 20/30 but hoping for an MVP is hoping too much. In fact, he is surpassed by two hitters on his own team in Delgado and Wright. Beltran was hampered by a quadriceps injury throughout the year and then that nasty collision business messed him up. If healthy, expect a normal Beltran back. My predictions are .280-25-100-30 at the least. On that team he will definitely be able to score runs and knock 'em in and the Mets will make sure to use his speed along with that of Reyes and Wright. Remember, Rickey Henderson is a coach :lol:

We aren't hoping that, we are wishing. I think maybe just maybe he can do better then your predictions that were pretty accurate btw. His RBI count should go up considering there should be more guys on base for him.

Well, has an exact batting order been established yet? I think odds are he'll be setting the table for Wright and Delgado rather than bat behind them. His spot in the order either adds an extra 15 rbi or an extra 15 runs.

Well, has an exact batting order been established yet? I think odds are he'll be setting the table for Wright and Delgado rather than bat behind them. His spot in the order either adds an extra 15 rbi or an extra 15 runs.

that will be the key point...the batting order, which I hated last year...hopefully we'll do better with that <_<

Personally, I want him batting second. This is what I want our first five hitters to look like:

1. Reyes

2. Beltran

3. Wright

4. Delgado

5. Floyd

I want to get someone to separate Floyd and Delgado because they are both lefties. However, if we are facing a righty to start the game this has the capability for four of our first five hitters to be lefty on righty. I like that. I'm not too intrigued with the idea of putting Wright at the #3 hole but that goes the same for Floyd and Delgado.

I've heard that Willie really wants Lo Duca to bat second. I would hate that move. That would have double plays written all over it if Reyes gets on base before him.