SportsWrath

Most under rated Giant of all time, Eli and the 08' defense

BurnThePhilFans

Just a couple of things I wanted to touch on....

1. 10 years from now will we look back and be able to say that Amani Toomer is the most under rated Giant of all time? The guy is one of the top 5 wide recievers of all time at staying in bounds, he has a shot at 10,000 career receiving yards (and many of those came on bad Giants teams making that even more impressive), and some forget that he missed leading the entire NFL in receiving yards one year by only 1 yard (and didn't make the probowl!!!!! - WTF!!!!). Will we look back and say Toomer is the most under rated Giant of all time?

2. Eli friggin Manning. Listen, I have come to terms with the fact that people will bash him for the rest of his career. I was watching ESPN today as Skip Bayless was gushing over Bret Farve this year and his win against Buffalo yesterday and then went on to discuss "bad eli". Does this guy realize that Brett has 12 interceptions and Eli has 5???? Listen, I have come to terms with the fact that Eli will never throw 40 touchdowns in a year (maybe never 35) - but who cares!!!!! I will take clutch play, clutch 4th quarter comebacks and seasons like he is having this year (on pace for 24 tds and 10 picks - He has never had less than 20 interceptions in a season. It is clear that Eli from the playoffs is here to stay. He will not come close to throwing 20 interceptions this year).

3. On to the defense.... if you told me at the start of the year (without Osi and Strahan) that the Giants would be on pace for 60 sacks at the midway point (Last year they totaled 53) I would have said you were crazy..... but IMO this years defense is even better than last years!

Thoughts?

why would he take offense?

Ha.... I was trying to be politically correct.... I have been watching the Giants religiously since I was 8 and I turn 23 in 3 weeks and I had him at number 1.... but just to make it fair I had to say top 5 because I don't know much about 80's football and before that.

He has never had less than 20 interceptions in a season. It is clear that Eli from the playoffs is here to stay. He will not come close to throwing 20 interceptions this year).

Eli has had less than 20 ints every year except last year.

People keep talking about Bad Eli this week. I saw good Eli. The interception I'm giving him a pass on, because I'm sure that Plaxico ran the wrong route. And Eli did have the fumble, which was a terrible fumble, but he also threw 3 touchdown passes! It wasn't his best game, but it was no where near "Bad Eli". He did a great job with the offense and put it in the end zone and we racked up a lot of points. What more do people want? He's not going to throw for 300 yards when we are running for 200 yards and the opposing team is giving up first down after first down to Jacobs and Ward.

People keep talking about Bad Eli this week. I saw good Eli. The interception I'm giving him a pass on, because I'm sure that Plaxico ran the wrong route. And Eli did have the fumble, which was a terrible fumble, but he also threw 3 touchdown passes! It wasn't his best game, but it was no where near "Bad Eli". He did a great job with the offense and put it in the end zone and we racked up a lot of points. What more do people want? He's not going to throw for 300 yards when we are running for 200 yards and the opposing team is giving up first down after first down to Jacobs and Ward.

Eli admitted Plaxico was right on the route, it was his mistake.

Eli admitted Plaxico was right on the route, it was his mistake.

Oh, ok, boohyah. IF he was telling the truth and not just protecting his receiver who has taken a lot of grief lately (which is a big IF) then I still say that does not mean that it was Bad Eli out there. Again, not his best game, but he did get the job done and got the ball in the endzone.

Oh, ok, boohyah. IF he was telling the truth and not just protecting his receiver who has taken a lot of grief lately (which is a big IF) then I still say that does not mean that it was Bad Eli out there. Again, not his best game, but he did get the job done and got the ball in the endzone.

I'm with you there.

I'll take "bad Eli" if it means he leads the team to a 35-14 stomping of a Division Rival every week.

He could have been protecting him, and I wasn't implying that it was Bad Eli again. The stats weren't good, but the stat of "managing the offense" isn't calculated and Eli did a pretty good job with that.

it was easy to see that the interception was eli's fault. there was no corner coming and the corner took the outside move. plax was right all the way on that and it would have been a big play our way.

it was easy to see that the interception was eli's fault. there was no corner coming and the corner took the outside move. plax was right all the way on that and it would have been a big play our way.

It looked like that same play we ran with Toomer to complete fourth and 6th against the Steelers...Eli had to just loft it up and let Plax run under it...press coverage and the safety was there too...bad mistake by Eli....