SportsWrath

DON'T LOOK NOW...

BadEgg

Nice eggy. Way to slip the excuses in there before the game's even played. Now what was it you were saying last year about injuries and excuses?

Generally injuries are not excuses for losing games. And, as a Cowboys fan, I will not blame injuries for the loss to the Rams. I will also not blame injuries if this team fails to make the playoffs.

However, anyone who believes that injuries are not a factor in this weeks game is on crack. The Giants are not the Rams. The Giants are playing at a high level and are arguably the best team in football right now. Even I can admit that.

When you are going against a team that is playing as well as the Giants, you need your players. The Cowboys have about 9 guys who will probably not contribute this week that would have either started this game or played a significant role.

They didn't just lose 1 or 2 guys in the preseason. This is extreme. It still doesn't mean the Cowboys automatically have to lose this week, or quit on the season. But it is extreme. Even the noramlly bias-NY media is recognizing this.

Generally injuries are not excuses for losing games. And, as a Cowboys fan, I will not blame injuries for the loss to the Rams. I will also not blame injuries if this team fails to make the playoffs.

However, anyone who believes that injuries are not a factor in this weeks game is on crack. The Giants are not the Rams. The Giants are playing at a high level and are arguably the best team in football right now. Even I can admit that.

When you are going against a team that is playing as well as the Giants, you need your players. The Cowboys have about 9 guys who will probably not contribute this week that would have either started this game or played a significant role.

They didn't just lose 1 or 2 guys in the preseason. This is extreme. It still doesn't mean the Cowboys automatically have to lose this week, or quit on the season. But it is extreme. Even the noramlly bias-NY media is recognizing this.

I know you dont care, but thanks for admitting reality. And thanks for the props.

So in essence you're saying that injuries are no excuse except in this one game?

Vag-tastic. What do you blame for falling from superbowl sweethearts to nfc east cellar dwellar?

Like you said when the Giant's defense was decimated in 2006: "Stop whining about injuries!"

So in essence you're saying that injuries are no excuse except in this one game?

Vag-tastic. What do you blame for falling from superbowl sweethearts to nfc east cellar dwellar?

Like you said when the Giant's defense was decimated in 2006: "Stop whining about injuries!"

Injuries are a factor in this game. It is unavoidable. Any self-respecting Giants fan will acknowledge that and will also acknowledge that they would rather see the Cowboys at full strength with the 9 guys that they will be missing.

But I will not blame the season on injuries as most of you did back in 2006. And I will not whine about it. It is what it is.

And should the Cowboys lose by the score of 16 to 14 because their field goal kicker shanks one or two, the Cowboys certainly cannot blame injuries for the loss. However, I don't think that is going to be the case.

The difference between you and me is this: In 2006, most of you whined about injuries and argued how much more the Giants would have accomplished had they been healthy. As if you have access to a crystal ball.

I, on the other hand, am not going to argue that the Cowboys would beat the Giants on Sunday if they were 100% healthy on Sunday. I don't know what the outcome would have been on Sunday had the Cowboys been healthy.

I do know, however, that the players they will be missing would have made a difference.

Injuries are a factor in this game. It is unavoidable. Any self-respecting Giants fan will acknowledge that and will also acknowledge that they would rather see the Cowboys at full strength with the 9 guys that they will be missing.

But I will not blame the season on injuries as most of you did back in 2006. And I will not whine about it. It is what it is.

And should the Cowboys lose by the score of 16 to 14 because their field goal kicker shanks one or two, the Cowboys certainly cannot blame injuries for the loss. However, I don't think that is going to be the case.

The difference between you and me is this: In 2006, most of you whined about injuries and argued how much more the Giants would have accomplished had they been healthy. As if you have access to a crystal ball.

I, on the other hand, am not going to argue that the Cowboys would beat the Giants on Sunday if they were 100% healthy on Sunday. I don't know what the outcome would have been on Sunday had the Cowboys been healthy.

I do know, however, that the players they will be missing would have made a difference.

lol I'm sorry you don't understand. I'm not trying to argue about whether or not injuries are a factor or not. Obviously they are and always have been. Duh.

I'm simply stating what a hypocrite you are. When your team was healthy and ours was not, the injuries were an "excuse" from a whiny fan-base. Now that your team is bitten the injuries are the legitimate reason you can't compete, and you play that card before the game's even played. tsk-tsk

lol I'm sorry you don't understand. I'm not trying to argue about whether or not injuries are a factor or not. Obviously they are and always have been. Duh.

I'm simply stating what a hypocrite you are. When your team was healthy and ours was not, the injuries were an "excuse" from a whiny fan-base. Now that your team is bitten the injuries are the legitimate reason you can't compete, and you play that card before the game's even played. tsk-tsk

Edgar Allan PWND

Injuries are a part of the game and good teams overcome them. Look at the Giants in 2007, they lost a starting TE, a starting LBer, a key RB and did not miss a beat. I agree had the Giants lost to the Boys in 2007 in the div round would people have said "we had no shockey, no kiwi no ward"? Of course they would have and like you said its not an exuse.

I think this game will be a close one, Dallas still has playmakers on offense and for what they MAY miss in Witten could be made up from with WIlliams. DO not forget, not a lot of film on Williams as a Cowboy and that could mean a lot in terms of the plays he makes. Brad Johnson has ALWAYS been a Giant killer and Jones is still a pro bowl Running back.

Where I believe the Giants will have to win this game is on offense. I think they will not have to score a ton of points necessarily,but they will have to protect the ball at all costs and make Dallas earn their points and allow thedefense to be aggressive at all times. Short fields an defensive scores could change the whole complexion of this game.

Yeah, thats why your very first post this week brought up injuries. What games would you consider the injuries may play a facter in? Of course the Giants, like you already said. Would you say the Redskins? Eagles? You're a shaddow of your old self, and your sidekick Dog has a "gut feeling" the Cowboys will win.

So basically, your already blaming injuries on a loss to a team you have yet to play, and your better half has a gut feeling.

Comedy gold.

against all better judgement and contrary to what the dog would typically do, which is try and support an argument with facts and logic, the dog is actually going to predict that the cowboys win this week...no concrete reason to give, it just has that feel...

No, it doesn't. Giants are too hungry and want to smack Dallas around. When this team is hungry, they feast. Giants in a blowout.

against all better judgement and contrary to what the dog would typically do, which is try and support an argument with facts and logic, the dog is actually going to predict that the cowboys win this week...no concrete reason to give, it just has that feel...

More like wishful thinking on the Dog's part. You want the Giants to lose and you know both teams play tough.. no matter what. I predict a Giants win because these Giants are.. well.. Giants. And they're playing against the Dallas Parolees.

No we're not taking Dallas for Granted.. I don't think we've taken any team for granted this year.. including Cleveland. All I'm saying is the Giants will take care of business at home.

More like wishful thinking on the Dog's part. You want the Giants to lose and you know both teams play tough.. no matter what. I predict a Giants win because these Giants are.. well.. Giants. And they're playing against the Dallas Parolees.

Word.

Injuries are a part of the game and good teams overcome them. Look at the Giants in 2007, they lost a starting TE, a starting LBer, a key RB and did not miss a beat. I agree had the Giants lost to the Boys in 2007 in the div round would people have said "we had no shockey, no kiwi no ward"? Of course they would have and like you said its not an exuse.

I think this game will be a close one, Dallas still has playmakers on offense and for what they MAY miss in Witten could be made up from with WIlliams. DO not forget, not a lot of film on Williams as a Cowboy and that could mean a lot in terms of the plays he makes. Brad Johnson has ALWAYS been a Giant killer and Jones is still a pro bowl Running back.

Where I believe the Giants will have to win this game is on offense. I think they will not have to score a ton of points necessarily,but they will have to protect the ball at all costs and make Dallas earn their points and allow thedefense to be aggressive at all times. Short fields an defensive scores could change the whole complexion of this game.

Comparing losing a stating LBer, a key Rb, and a TE to what has happened to Dallas this season is just absurd. The 2007 Giants did not lose Manning, they're entire starting defensive backfield, a starting guard, and their leading receiver (Witten). In addition to a key RB, Lbs, a pro bowl punter...I could go on and on. Williams cannot make up for all of this.

Like it or not, this is not the same Cowboys team that smacked the Giants around for 2 games last year. It's also not the same team that was beat by a hair in the playoffs....

That's not to say the Cowboys cannot win this game. Part of me will be dissappointed if they don't.

Afterall, let's not let a four game run in January of 2007 cloud our judgment forever. These are the Giants we are talking about here... :o

Comparing losing a stating LBer, a key Rb, and a TE to what has happened to Dallas this season is just absurd. The 2007 Giants did not lose Manning, they're entire starting defensive backfield, a starting guard, and their leading receiver (Witten). In addition to a key RB, Lbs, a pro bowl punter...I could go on and on. Williams cannot make up for all of this.

No, the Giants did not lose Eli, he played through a what may have been a separated shoulder, remember he was supposed to miss 4 games? Some might argue Eli was not completely healthy until near the end of the season.

Like it or not, this is not the same Cowboys team that smacked the Giants around for 2 games last year. It's also not the same team that was beat by a hair in the playoffs....

Nope, not the same team, and the Giants are not the same team that lost those 2 games, bu they are the same team that won that playoff game, maybe better because now they know what they are capable of. They have what you might call a certain confidence that can only come from winning the super bowl.

That's not to say the Cowboys cannot win this game. Part of me will be dissappointed if they don't.

The Cowboys very well could win this game, thats why they continue to play the games when teams have injuries. The point is the change of pace in your logic when injuries are occuring in Dallas and not New York.

Afterall, let's not let a four game run in January of 2007 cloud our judgment forever. These are the Giants we are talking about here... :o

Actually, that was January of 2008, this year.

And yes, lets not forget we are talking about the Giants afterall.

r221133_869898.jpg

Shut the fuck up egg. Your qb has a fractured pinky for christ's sake. Not like he couldn't play if he had the balls to do so. Your secondary sucks. You lose Newmann again and the talent drops off to nil....that's what you get for hiring a criminal to fill in the void.

Let's not pretend the football gods have shit on your team. Your team just wasn't that good in the first place. Take away two people and the house of cards comes falling down.

And yeah, we've been there. We're just better than that now.

Spare me. When we had a double-digit IR list (not injuries, INJURED RESERVE) in 2004, injuries were not a factor. In 2005, when we had to play street FAs as linebackers in the playoffs because even our backups were injured, injuries were not a factor. In 2006, when at one point we were missing Umenyiora, Tuck, and Strahan, while also missing our usual linebackers, injuries weren't a factor.

Guess what? I have no sympathy. I hope we win. I look forward to kicking that team while it's down, then again when your superstars have folded up shop. You even trying this bullshit is a joke.

Furthermore, your defense sucked before you had any injuries, just go back to the scores you won by when you were the "annointed ones." Yeah, you won a low-scoring game last week against the fearsome Tampa Bay offense, but you haven't been able to stop anyone with a resemblance of an offense all season.

The way the Broke Backs are now....reminds me of those Danny White/ Gary Hogeboom era where the Giants feasted on those cry babies down there. I have absolutely no sympathy as Gut put it. When we are down and hurt its we are making excuses...only teams like the Broke Backs are to be given a pass because they are so hurt. So if it is that bad forfeit the rest of the games and shut up. Too bad oh so sad. And if the Broke Backs should win....well hey that is football; that is why they play the games.

I just can't fathom why Romo is not playing. Is he that much of Prima Donna?

Look at the injuries McNabb has played thru; broken thumb, broken ankle, sports hernia with bruised chest.

Eli played thru a separated shoulder, so has Favre along with an ankle sprain.

Philip Rivers played on a torn ACL.

I do think Romo is a great qb, but this would have me severely disappointed if I were a cowturd fan.

I just can't fathom why Romo is not playing. Is he that much of Prima Donna?

Look at the injuries McNabb has played thru; broken thumb, broken ankle, sports hernia with bruised chest.

Eli played thru a separated shoulder, so has Favre along with an ankle sprain.

Philip Rivers played on a torn ACL.

I do think Romo is a great qb, but this would have me severely disappointed if I were a cowturd fan.

pinky injury sounds wimpy but he has never shown not to be a gamer. i'd say he'd go if he could.

pinky injury sounds wimpy but he has never shown not to be a gamer. i'd say he'd go if he could.

It's definately possible, the kid from Tennesse played the whole year last year with a broken pinky on his throwing hand.

And surely Romo knows that the team needs him and has a better chance with an injured Romo than with a healthy Johnson.

It's definately possible, the kid from Tennesse played the whole year last year with a broken pinky on his throwing hand.

And surely Romo knows that the team needs him and has a better chance with an injured Romo than with a healthy Johnson.

healthy johnson? what does his johnson have to do with his pinky? :P

Shut the fuck up egg. Your qb has a fractured pinky for christ's sake. Not like he couldn't play if he had the balls to do so. Your secondary sucks. You lose Newmann again and the talent drops off to nil....that's what you get for hiring a criminal to fill in the void.

Let's not pretend the football gods have shit on your team. Your team just wasn't that good in the first place. Take away two people and the house of cards comes falling down.

And yeah, we've been there. We're just better than that now.

I'm laughing my ass off right now you whiny little bitch. I'd guess the reason Romo can't play has something to do with gripping the ball, and taking snaps, not the pain the fractured finger is causing him. They are also concerned with suffering greater damage in the finger, causing him to miss the rest of the year.

You see, Nesta, the Giants game this week is just not that important. Take a moment and wrap your simple mind around that.

This Cowboys team can still go to the Superbowl without winning this week. In fact, it's the legacy of the 2007 Giants, isn't it? Play like a mediocre pop warner team for 16 weeks, and catch the magic in January. Not a bad blue print to follow.

But you are amusing, Nesta. By all means, keep posting. It's the blind homers like yourself that keep me here. Never a dull moment. :LMAO:

I'm laughing my ass off right now you whiny little bitch. I'd guess the reason Romo can't play has something to do with gripping the ball, and taking snaps, not the pain the fractured finger is causing him. They are also concerned with suffering greater damage in the finger, causing him to miss the rest of the year.

You see, Nesta, the Giants game this week is just not that important. Take a moment and wrap your simple mind around that.

This Cowboys team can still go to the Superbowl without winning this week. In fact, it's the legacy of the 2007 Giants, isn't it? Play like a mediocre pop warner team for 16 weeks, and catch the magic in January. Not a bad blue print to follow.

But you are amusing, Nesta. By all means, keep posting. It's the blind homers like yourself that keep me here. Never a dull moment. :LMAO:

Right, I'm the whiny little bitch who started a thread calling my team the REPLACEMENTS and conceding defeat (because of injury) before the game was played.....

I'm sorry egghead, but our blueprint won't work for you. 1. Your team needs heart. 2. Your team needs solidarity. 3. Your team needs to play well in the post-season.

You're 0-3.

Convince me how a division game is not important to you. All of those experts you had so much faith in last year are saying this is a MUST WIN GAME FOR DALLAS.

If this game were unimportant to anyone, it would be the 6-1 Giants. Not the team that will fall to .500 with a loss.

And make no mistake, it is important to us.

Blind Homer? Wouldn't that more accurately describe the guy who's conceding defeat to his division rival AND putting his team in the superbowl in week 9?

You are without a doubt the best thing that has ever happened to this board. Every ignorant and arrogant post you've ever made has been stuffed down your throat without mercy. You're kidding yourself if you think you're anything but a jester to this board.