SportsWrath

Grade the Giants Defense

Lughead

I would give them an A for their pressure on Ben. Tuck and Tollefson had a sack each and Kiwanuka had 3 Sacks .I am pretty sure that's his career high. also for their run stopping. Then you look at the secondary and see the long balls they gave up.

so I give them a grade of B

B-

Played good, gave up some deep passes, came on late in the game but the run D was there all night expect for the one run by Moore.

Wow you are a tough grader.

14 points given up on two big plays...B+ in my book.

Gave the offense great field position.

4 turnovers. 95 yards rushing. 150 yards passing.

We gave up one big run play and one big pass play.

You take those two out of Pitt's total and we destroyed them.

This was a good team we beat and shit happens (esp with an aggressive defense), so I won't take away for the big plays.

A f'ing +

Shit I didn't even mention the 5 sacks and 2 FF's

3 crappy plays (one got called back), but an overall solid game. I mean 14 points allowed with 5 sacks and 4 ints is a real good game. Butler's play on the long td was mind boggling, wtf was he doing?

the Electric slide :P

4 turnovers. 95 yards rushing. 150 yards passing.

We gave up one big run play and one big pass play.

You take those two out of Pitt's total and we destroyed them.

This was a good team we beat and shit happens (esp with an aggressive defense), so I won't take away for the big plays.

A f'ing +

I agree and I don't know why you guys are being so harsh. The Steelers are a good team and the D came up big. A for me.

I agree and I don't know why you guys are being so harsh. The Steelers are a good team and the D came up big. A for me.

Agreed, that they came up big and man they sure was laying the wood son. ;)

But the secondary is still susceptible to giving up the long ball . We are lucky Colon was Holding on that long bomb to Washington. Butlers dance did allow Washington to gain 20-30 more yards and score. we may of went in to OT and lost.

Wow you are a tough grader.

14 points given up on two big plays...B+ in my book.

Gave the offense great field position.

I agree. The long passes (I think it was only one since the other was called back for holding) is the only thing negative.. other than that It was a great effort.

i give our front 4 an A

LB a B- they didn't do much that outs shine our front four. did an avg job but let that TD rush..

our secondary a B-, where the hell did ROSS go??.. Webster is the only star i. that long TD Pass made "what's his name" look like a dog chasing his tail..

anyway, overall, our D deserves a B+. the PLUS is for smacking that smile out of Hines Wards freaking face.... :flex:

i give our front 4 an A

LB a B- they didn't do much that outs shine our front four. did an avg job but let that TD rush..

our secondary a C-, where the hell did ROSS go??.. Webster is the only star i. that long TD Pass made "what's his name" look like a dog chasing his tail..

anyway, overall, our D deserves a B+. the PLUS is for smacking that smile out of Hines Wards freaking face.... :flex:

C- after 4 picks? I mean, they had a couple of bad plays but overall were pretty solid.

And Phillips is the man.

A-minus

If not for a couple of bad plays in the secondary (namely Butler doing the two-step like he was on Dancing With the Stars), I'd give them a solid A or even an A+. Heck, we had big Ben on his heels all day and he looked dazed and confused on the sidelines. We put him on the ground repeatedly and when he did get the ball off, our boys stepped up and picked it off. It took 4 quarters, but Moore finally got put in his place.

Kiwi, Tuck, Tollefson, and Phillips looked like genuine old-fashioned football studs out there. Clark and Johnson also looked very good and Kehl showed signs of real promise.

It was a hard fought old fashioned smash-mouth football game between two top defensive teams. Our offense sucked win, but the defense kept us in the game until we could finally take advantage of the Steelers many miscues. If the offense was ticking the way it should, it would've been a blowout. We looked like shit in the red zone and were damn lucky that Eli didn't get picked off in the end zone on one of our drives.

I thought he killed Moore on that unecessary roughness play.

That was a bullshit penalty. One of a number of questionable penalties throughout the game. Phillips gave him a hard hit but he was doing so with the thought that the guy had the ball and a big hit would knock it loose.

What is going to happen next time that situation occurs is the guy WILL catch the ball but Phillips will hold back worrying about a penalty.

Agreed, that they came up big and man they sure was laying the wood son. ;)

But the secondary is still susceptible to giving up the long ball . We are lucky Colon was Holding on that long bomb to Washington. Butlers dance did allow Washington to gain 20-30 more yards and score. we may of went in to OT and lost.

I think with Spagnuolo's schemes that will always be an issue. Many times the D will go all out leaving the DBs in a bad situation if the rush is unsuccessful. This is what happened in the Browns game and they killed the Giants D.