SportsWrath

pittsburgh is favored by 3?

Herc

hey bad egg and italian hot dog, that one was a freebie, im charging you for my next tip

hmmm...no thanks. the dog is fine without the assistance. by the way, the game was even with about 4 minutes left, so the dog stands by his original thought, which was, if you remember, to help you understand why the spread was what it was...

hmmm...no thanks. the dog is fine without the assistance. by the way, the game was even with about 4 minutes left, so the dog stands by his original thought, which was, if you remember, to help you understand why the spread was what it was...

i gotcha. so what's the spread for the giatns/cowboys game? not the final spread--just the one for when there are 4 minutes remaining

i gotcha. so what's the spread for the giatns/cowboys game? not the final spread--just the one for when there are 4 minutes remaining

your missing the point - you were asking why the steelers were favored by 3 - the dog gave his thoughts - two even teams where home field will automatically give 3 points...are you going to argue that the game wasn't between two eveny matched teams? of course, there are times when a team will lose at home to another team that is equal to them, and there are even times, sit down for this one, that a team that is superior to another will actually lose (that is defined in the sports world as an upset, you can actually look it up, it does happen...)...

your missing the point - you were asking why the steelers were favored by 3 - the dog gave his thoughts - two even teams where home field will automatically give 3 points...are you going to argue that the game wasn't between two eveny matched teams? of course, there are times when a team will lose at home to another team that is equal to them, and there are even times, sit down for this one, that a team that is superior to another will actually lose (that is defined in the sports world as an upset, you can actually look it up, it does happen...)...

wasn't asking, voiced my opinion on it though. i know what 3 points means for the hometeam, and i didnt agree that the two teams were even. turns out they weren't all that even considering there was a 10 point swing from what was supposed to happen

wasn't asking, voiced my opinion on it though. i know what 3 points means for the hometeam, and i didnt agree that the two teams were even. turns out they weren't all that even considering there was a 10 point swing from what was supposed to happen

What are you gonna do with the dog, since you own him now? :P

the dog would say they were even...the giants outcoached them, at least defesnively. but keep in mind, if not for a snap over the head of the punter, this game could end at 14-12 pitt, and that makes the oddsmakers look pretty close to spot on...

the dog would say they were even...the giants outcoached them, at least defesnively. but keep in mind, if not for a snap over the head of the punter, this game could end at 14-12 pitt, and that makes the oddsmakers look pretty close to spot on...

Wow, that's a stretch to prove your point. :rolleyes: We still most likely would have scored that TD which makes it 19-14, oddsmakers wrong. We coulda blocked that punt, scored,and still scored the Boss TD, 26-14, oddsmakers....whats the word Im lookin for....oh yeah..WRONG. An asteroid coulda hit the field and demolished everything. A lot could have happened. Bottom line is, Admiral was right.

You mean the game could've ended 19-12 Ny. They were trying to punt to us from their own endzone after all. Keep in mind, that 2 points doesn't matter. We'd still win by 10 with the spread.

Wow, that's a stretch to prove your point. :rolleyes: We still most likely would have scored that TD which makes it 19-14, oddsmakers wrong. We coulda blocked that punt, scored,and still scored the Boss TD, 26-14, oddsmakers....whats the word Im lookin for....oh yeah..WRONG. An asteroid coulda hit the field and demolished everything. A lot could have happened. Bottom line is, Admiral was right.

nobody is arguing right from wrong...he simply asked why the steelers were favored by 3, the dog provided a reason...if he wants to keep at it for whatever reason, well then, ok...the fact is, the teams were evenly matched teams, the steelers get the 3 point nod becasue they are at home...why you feel the need to lend support for admiral awesome is a tad troubling, but then, you never saw a thread you didn't like...as it stands, you continue to be the message board's answer to the question nobody asked, which does provide for hours of entertainment, at least for the dog...and the dog is grateful for that...

Coulda woulda shoulda. That is all I have to say.

nobody is arguing right from wrong...he simply asked why the steelers were favored by 3, the dog provided a reason...if he wants to keep at it for whatever reason, well then, ok...the fact is, the teams were evenly matched teams, the steelers get the 3 point nod becasue they are at home...why you feel the need to lend support for admiral awesome is a tad troubling, but then, you never saw a thread you didn't like...as it stands, you continue to be the message board's answer to the question nobody asked, which does provide for hours of entertainment, at least for the dog...and the dog is grateful for that...

The Blue is glad he could help.

or the giants could've run the punt back and scored, and/or scored on the next drive. or hey, let's go a little further back to the 3rd quarter when the giants were up 9-7. i mean if we end the game there, like we're hypothetically ending the game with 4 minutes left, the giants might've beaten the spread then too--which to me is way more important than the final score. wish my bookie felt that way, but he's got this weird rule where only the final score counts.

or the giants could've run the punt back and scored, and/or scored on the next drive. or hey, let's go a little further back to the 3rd quarter when the giants were up 9-7. i mean if we end the game there, like we're hypothetically ending the game with 4 minutes left, the giants might've beaten the spread then too--which to me is way more important than the final score. wish my bookie felt that way, but he's got this weird rule where only the final score counts.

:LMAO:

obvioulsy...but the dog still contends, you can't discount the fact that these two teams basically played eachother even until the end of the game...and that, dear man, is the reason why the steelers were slated as 3 point favorites...two even teams with one playing at home...

needless to say, the giants are most likely not going to be the favorite every time they step on teh field...and this just in, the favorite doesn't always win - the browns beat the giants a few weeks ago - are you going argue that the giants should not have been favored that week?

obvioulsy...but the dog still contends, you can't discount the fact that these two teams basically played eachother even until the end of the game...and that, dear man, is the reason why the steelers were slated as 3 point favorites...two even teams with one playing at home...

needless to say, the giants are most likely not going to be the favorite every time they step on teh field...and this just in, the favorite doesn't always win - the browns beat the giants a few weeks ago - are you going argue that the giants should not have been favored that week?

Reaching......reaching......REACHING! :rolleyes:

Just give up dog, its over.

i dont expect the giants to be a favorite everytime they step on the field. but IMO that game sunday was a pick 'em. i'm not knocking the steelers--they are a very good team who have a realistic shot at getting to the superbowl, but i still think the giants are better than them--and again, the steelers were at home but the giants are not your average road team.

The Bengals could have been favored that week. Were you watching the Browns or even paying attention to what was going on in the league prior to that game. The Browns were pathetic, and the line had a lot to do with their own efforts. If the Browns had played to the level that they had been blown up to in pre season, chances are they would have been favorite.

i dont expect the giants to be a favorite everytime they step on the field. but IMO that game sunday was a pick 'em. i'm not knocking the steelers--they are a very good team who have a realistic shot at getting to the superbowl, but i still think the giants are better than them--and again, the steelers were at home but the giants are not your average road team.

fair enough - then we agree to disagree as to who should have been favored and why...for the record, the dog never argued that the steelers were better - just that these were two evenly matched teams...

fair enough - then we agree to disagree as to who should have been favored and why...for the record, the dog never argued that the steelers were better - just that these were two evenly matched teams...

i know, i just think if the records are even adn one is the defending super bowl champ it's kind of weird to set a spread that shows them being even. i mean, if this was at a neutral site would you have made it a pick 'em?

I would assume that those that thought that this spread was fair and see the final outcome must admit that this is a very good win for the team from NY?

anytime you go into a place like Pittsburgh and come out with a win, the dog would in fact believe that it is a very, very good win...regardless of the spread.