SportsWrath

pittsburgh is favored by 3?

Herc

what a joke, who's got a bookie?

Or maybe it's not a joke. Maybe, just maybe, the Steelers are a better football team than the Giants. :doh:

While it wasn't impressive, they did manage to steal a victory from that powerhouse football team in Cleveland.

And they didn't need overtime to take care of the Bengals.

And they have been working with their 3rd string RB.

And they're Superbowl winning QB does have more TD's and less INT's than Little Manning.

In fact, his passer rating is better than Little Manning. Though, that says very little in light of the fact that 14 other QBs can say the same thing, including the likes of Phillip Rivers, Kyle Orton, Jeff Garcia, Chadd Pennington with all of his recieving weapons and, no surprise here, Tony Romo... :o

Maybe, just maybe, the Steelers will make that Monday night game in Cleveland look like a walk in the park... :chair:

Or maybe it's not a joke. Maybe, just maybe, the Steelers are a better football team than the Giants. :doh:

While it wasn't impressive, they did manage to steal a victory from that powerhouse football team in Cleveland.

And they're Superbowl winning QB does have more TD's and less INT's than Little Manning.

In fact, his passer rating is better than Little Manning. Though, that says very little in light of the fact that 14 other QBs can say the same thing, including the likes of Phillip Rivers, Kyle Orton, Jeff Garcia, Chadd Pennington with all of his recieving weapons and, no surprise here, Tony Romo... :o

Maybe, just maybe, the Steelers will make that Monday night game in Cleveland look like a walk in the park... :chair:

I hear ya Admiral, who can get me in touch with the guys in Vegas. They must be crazy.

egg, can you rock the mic?

and they didnt win the superbowl or win a millio games in a row on the road last year. steeler's aren't an elite team

And yet somehow, the Giants managed to beat the Redskins, and that juggernaut in St. Louis.

You insultingly call the MVP of the Super Bowl "Little Manning". You say nothing about Romo the Homo, your favorite qb, who won't play with a minor injury. Oh well, what else can be expected from someone who has shit for brains.

In all honesty this is our first game into the tougher part of the schedule.

I'm calling it 60:40 that we win, but I wouldnt be surprised if we lost either.

Simple.. if our D-Line gets to Ben, which is very doable, we win.

Personally, I think QB ratings are a crock. You see, Eli doesn't NEED to throw for 400 yards a game.. or 3 TDs a game.. or have 40+ attempts... we play football the way it's meant to be played.. by running all over opponents. When your team leads the league in rushing, it's very hard for your QB to have super games.. he doesn't have to.

Egg, we're 5-1... and the loss to the Browns.. well the Browns played very well.. we don't take ANYTHING away from them. I find it odd you're bringing up the Browns... and you neglect that your team was bitch slapped by St Louis the way Israel got bitch slapped by Hizbullah.

Shit dude, I'm not one to talk smack and I've been defending you and your right to say whatever it's you want on here.. I appreciate you on here... a little objectivity is all I ask.

I've never seen a post go more out of it's way to say nothing. Good job!

Personally, I think QB ratings are a crock. You see, Eli doesn't NEED to throw for 400 yards a game.. or 3 TDs a game.. or have 40+ attempts... we play football the way it's meant to be played.. by running all over opponents. When your team leads the league in rushing, it's very hard for your QB to have super games.. he doesn't have to.

Egg, we're 5-1... and the loss to the Browns.. well the Browns played very well.. we don't take ANYTHING away from them. I find it odd you're bringing up the Browns... and you neglect that your team was bitch slapped by St Louis the way Israel got bitch slapped by Hizbullah.

Shit dude, I'm not one to talk smack and I've been defending you and your right to say whatever it's you want on here.. I appreciate you on here... a little objectivity is all I ask.

yeh i like EGG.. i enjoy his post and all his crap talk.. his outside the box type of stuff i like to read here.. or maybe i'm just a little bitch that loves drama...... shit i'm a bitch........

I respect your opinions as well, Nas. But you got it all wrong this time. I would argue that you are being less than objective in your response, especially by bringing up the Cowboys/Rams game in this thread. This thread has nothing to do with the Cowboys.

This thread was started by Giants fans who appear to be shocked that a very good Steelers team, playing at home, is actually favored by 3 points. I am pointing out some objective reasons as why that could be, namely the fact that they are finding a way to get it done with a 3rd string RB (by the way, fast Willie may play after all) and their QB is playing more efficiently (despite the fact that his line is worse). Moreover, thus far, that are playing better against common opponents.

It's an objective response to a bias-thread. Seriously, whining that the Steelers are favored by three (not you specificially) is a new-low by the NFL's whiniest fan-base. I never said the Steelers would win by 40 or even win at all. But they do deserve the 3 points, probably more, and they are more than capable of making the Cleveland game look like a picnic...

[/b]

I respect your opinions as well, Nas. But you got it all wrong this time. I would argue that you are being less than objective in your response, especially by bringing up the Cowboys/Rams game in this thread. This thread has nothing to do with the Cowboys.

This thread was started by Giants fans who appear to be shocked that a very good Steelers team, playing at home, is actually favored by 3 points. I am pointing out some objective reasons as why that could be, namely the fact that they are finding a way to get it done with a 3rd string RB (by the way, fast Willie may play after all) and their QB is playing more efficiently (despite the fact that his line is worse). Moreover, thus far, that are playing better against common opponents.

It's an objective response to a bias-thread. Seriously, whining that the Steelers are favored by three (not you specificially) is a new-low by the NFL's whiniest fan-base. I never said the Steelers would win by 40 or even win at all. But they do deserve the 3 points, probably more, and they are more than capable of making the Cleveland game look like a picnic...

yeah you're extremely objective, bad egg. anyone with half a brain is taking the points here. hope your gambling prowess isn't on par wtih your football knowledge. the steelers aren't in the giants league. the steelers 'getting it done' is not in the same league as what the giants have accomplished in the last 10 months

and im not whining. i thought it was funny and an easy bet.

what a joke, who's got a bookie?

why wouldn't they be favored? they are at home, they are 5-1...the dog thinks this is going to be quite a game, but if you are either a giant fan or a steeler fan, neither one can feel overly confident that they are walking out with a win...the steelers have had a slightly tougher road to get to 5-1 and are playing at home - that gives them an edge (and as was pointed out earlier in the thread, 3 points are given to the home team automatically...). If you believe that going into this game these teams aren't anything but even at this point, then you are possibly not seeing things objectively...