SportsWrath

I apologize to Chase Blackburn

boohyah

I've been down on Chase, I picked him to be released in the off season. I've said out of all the linebackers, he's the worst.

Time may prove I'm right.

However last Sunday, after I finished cringing about the idea of Antonio Pierce not playing and Chase being named as the starter, after looking at the back at Chase's helmet and seeing that little green sticker, after sweating about the fact that the guy who I said is the worst linebacker on the team is now also going to have to call out the defensive plays........

Chase went out and played the best game of his career. :TU:

So to you Chase, I applaud you. :clap:

And I apologize.

CHASE BLACKBURN EVERYBODY. :rock::rock:

See, I can admit I'm wrong, just very rarely.

Weren't you the one who stated that all the Blackburn lovers will show up because he is starting a game? :P Anyway the guy seems to do decent when he gets a good amount of playing opportunity. Definitely a solid backup and depth is key for any team to succeed.

Weren't you the one who stated that all the Blackburn lovers will show up because he is starting a game? :P Anyway the guy seems to do decent when he gets a good amount of playing opportunity. Definitely a solid backup and depth is key for any team to succeed.

I don't think so, but I can't remember.

I wasn't sure how he'd do either, but every time he's in there he does seem to be in the right position and make plays.

He's probably not starter material, but he IS a top-notch backup. The kid's all heart... he doesnt' really have the size or speed to play in the NFL, but you KNOW he'll give you 100% on every play. I mean c'mon... they told the guy his neck injury might end his career so he went and added nine inches of muscle. That's some work ethic.

I'm glad we have him locked up. :TU:

I've been down on Chase, I picked him to be released in the off season. I've said out of all the linebackers, he's the worst.

However last Sunday, after I finished cringing about the idea of Antonio Pierce not playing and Chase being named as the starter, after looking at the back at Chase's helmet and seeing that little green sticker, after sweating about the fact that the guy who I said is the worst linebacker on the team is now also going to have to call out the defensive plays........

And I apologize.

I'm the flip side of that. I was always pro Blackburn, and couldn't wait to see what he could do with the A team. Now, with him calling the shots, the D is playing like shit.

I'm the flip side of that. I was always pro Blackburn, and couldn't wait to see what he could do with the A team. Now, with him calling the shots, the D is playing like shit.

i'm with you, ditto. don't know how much was his responsibility, but the middle of the field was open all day long.

I Thought *SDMF* would of showed up Rocking the Sig I made him 2 years ago .

sdmf2sig.jpg

Wonder what happened to him ?

Sup Lug? Yeah Chase can come in and do some good things. But dont say it too loud, he might hear you guys and get over confident.

I think its high time that we start to at least explore the idea of Chase getting some play at the SLB and putting CLark at the WLB at least from time to time. When Kiwi went down last year the Giants did this with career MLB(playing WLB) Kawika Mitchell and he had a tremendous second half. Chase Blackburns speed is very underrated and he has shown the ability(like Mitchell did) to be able to go get the QB.

I know hindsight is 20/20, but how nice would it be now to have Mitchell at the SLB, with KIWI back at DE? I know no one could have seen this and I know you were not going to be able to go at it again with Mitchell at WLB and KIWI at SLB, but maybe had they placed KIWI back at DE and kept Tuck in that hybrid DE/DT role we could have gone to camp with the same 3 DE rotation as last year, Kawika back at his SLB position he played to end 2007 and some combo of Wilkinson, Kehl etc at WLB.

And I apologize.

Bro... I admire the fact you admit you were wrong.. do you notice you're always wrong?

I wasn't sure how he'd do either, but every time he's in there he does seem to be in the right position and make plays.

bingo. this kid plays smart so he plays faster than his physical stats would suggest. Very good guy to have around as he can play all 3 spots at LB if needed.

bingo. this kid plays smart so he plays faster than his physical stats would suggest. Very good guy to have around as he can play all 3 spots at LB if needed.

He's not as fierce as Pierce (I said that?), but he does have a nose for the football. But, isn't he supposed to be reading the offense alignment and relegating it to his guys? Either he's calling the wrong shifts, or the guys around him are ignoring him.

Quite simply, he's a very good linebacker. The best we've had in years. If we didn't pay Antonio Pierce to start, Blackburn would and the defense wouldn't miss a beat. He is not the best MLB in the game but considering what the Giants require for LB, Blackburn has done what the team has asked.