SportsWrath

Defense...."where's the beef?"

BleedinBlue

The box score shows that the best - or the defensive player with the most tackles and assists anyway - was rookie Brian Keihl. Next in line was the trio of Butler, Tuck, and Phillips.

Not a single sack.....hell, I don't think there was even a single defensive play that caused Anderson to have to hurry even once.

Kiwanuka was practically invisible.

Regardless.....I'm so used to the Giants putting pressure on the quarterback and thinking we have one of the best defensive lines in the business that I am flabbergasted at the complete ineffectiveness of the line for the ENTIRE game. Cleveland pushed our defensive line around as though we were a high school team playing a college team.

Oh well.....maybe this is exactly what the team needed to wake them up and remember that they have to play with extreme passion every single game if they want to continue being winners.

I must've missed it.....did we blitz somewhere last night? :confused:

Too much. It's obvious that Cleveland was just sending out 3 receivers and leaving the rest in to

max protect Anderson. I had a real funny feeling before the game about that. You blitz both safeties

and they DON'T get home...see ya!

Too much. It's obvious that Cleveland was just sending out 3 receivers and leaving the rest in to

max protect Anderson. I had a real funny feeling before the game about that. You blitz both safeties

and they DON'T get home...see ya!

You have to give credit to Clevelands O-line. Andeson looked real comfortable back there once he realized no one was going to touch him.

Another bitch that I have about the defense is that we're not gaining any turnovers. TC was adamant last year that we needed more interceptions and we had a very nice positive ratio of turnovers. But not this year. Our giveaways are far more than our takeaways. And that's not indicative of a championship team.

With the amount of penalties the Browns chalked up last night, they shouldn't have even been in the game. Hell, they handed us a hundred yards on a platter and then they went on and kicked our ass anyway. We even got the ball back after one of our turnovers in the red zone because of a technicality penalty on the Browns. What's the deal here? Grrrrrr..... :furious:

The D-line was man-handled for the first time in a long time last night. They came no-where near the QB, a lot of it had to do with quick drops and short passes. It actually looked like Spags could not come up with an idea to stop that.

Then against the run they had a hell of a time stopping Jamall Lewis running right at them. Tony Kornhole said it best whe he said the Browns looked like the Giants dominating with a power offense.

I'm not sweating it. The Browns just had guys in the right spot all night, it was just one of those days. Every now and then even a blind squirrel finds a nut.

I was more discouraged that the Giants eventually seemed to give up, but hey, its a road game against a non-conference team...big freakin deal. The Browns played their best football of the season, all wrapped up in one game...and it might be a good thing for the Giants in the long run, complacency isn't a good thing.

I think the giants need to trade for another pass rushing defensive lineman a lot more than they need to trade for a tight end.

and Im not saying this because of last night...the pass rush hasnt been that great all year.

I dont see any good DEs out there on the trade block and if we were going to trade for a good one we wil have to atleast throw up a second round pick and I would rather not.

The box score shows that the best - or the defensive player with the most tackles and assists anyway - was rookie Brian Keihl. Next in line was the trio of Butler, Tuck, and Phillips.

Not a single sack.....hell, I don't think there was even a single defensive play that caused Anderson to have to hurry even once.

Kiwanuka was practically invisible.

Regardless.....I'm so used to the Giants putting pressure on the quarterback and thinking we have one of the best defensive lines in the business that I am flabbergasted at the complete ineffectiveness of the line for the ENTIRE game. Cleveland pushed our defensive line around as though we were a high school team playing a college team.

Oh well.....maybe this is exactly what the team needed to wake them up and remember that they have to play with extreme passion every single game if they want to continue being winners.

It seems cleveland was going max protect on every single play. Combine that with them getting rid of the ball pretty quickly and that fact that our secondary gave up one play after another.