SportsWrath

The sky is falling thread.

Sephiroth

Yes the interceptions were Eli's fault but the receivers weren't getting too open either. The defense was awful - absolutely no pressure. Couldn't even stop the run which we always do. This game truely has me sick. I thought the days of Giant letdowns were gone. This team needed all the wins it could get going into the tough stretch coming up and had a chance to get a 2 game lead on the division and they blew it. This is a terrible terrible loss.

On the analysis on the FAN, many of the Giants former players who are analysts are saying that Madison should be getting some playing time. Many of the plays that Ross missed (and that Dockery continues to miss) could have been picked up by Madison despite him having lost a step or two. And Spags needs to learn that sometimes Cover 2 is not a dirty word. And the first offensive play of the 2nd half....both Coughlin and Eli said that it was his (Eli's ?) fault for the interception as he was supposed to throw it over the middle of the field and not the outside. But we should have not been passing at that point anyway. Cleveland had no answer for our ground game other than to get out of the way. So when your defense can't stop a group of first graders from running in the lunch room; you have to play a run oriented keep away style game.

I couldnt believe it, the defense was pathetic. And I can honestly say the INT's were Eli's fault. But we're 4-1. No time to panic.

4-1, sure. But remember, we haven't beaten anyone meaningful, and got our asses handed to us by a 1-3 team. We're doomed.

On the analysis on the FAN, many of the Giants former players who are analysts are saying that Madison should be getting some playing time. Many of the plays that Ross missed (and that Dockery continues to miss) could have been picked up by Madison despite him having lost a step or two. And Spags needs to learn that sometimes Cover 2 is not a dirty word. And the first offensive play of the 2nd half....both Coughlin and Eli said that it was his (Eli's ?) fault for the interception as he was supposed to throw it over the middle of the field and not the outside. But we should have not been passing at that point anyway. Cleveland had no answer for our ground game other than to get out of the way. So when your defense can't stop a group of first graders from running in the lunch room; you have to play a run oriented keep away style game.

Yeah, we need Sam Madison back.

I crossed my fingers and hoped we would not regret not giving Strahan 5 or 10 million guaranteed that he was looking for....and as you and i feared.....Tuck and Kiwi have been vulnerable to being contained. The misdirection plays are killing us as well.

Actually at first I was really pissed but now that I have actually calmed down..I don't feel so bad about the game

Sure it was an upset I mean Monday night game and against a 1-3 team but hey thats why the NFL is the NFL..any team can win at any time. We all knew a loss was coming and the positive thing is atleast it wasnt in the NFC or even the NFC East.

I hope this lights even more of a fire in the belly of the team and they can sit down and say "Ok WTF happened?" and learn from the loss.

I mean all great teams hell even the Patriots had to lose(yay us) But it's the fact that the teams can rebound like the game never happened is what makes the great and continue to win.

We will see if the Giants are truly a great team in the NFL and see if they can keep winning.

Umm, did anyone know if Fred Robbins played today.

no one played today.

We looked like a 4-12 team. We will likely lose out.

can I get back to being an optimist now?

I think we're headed for 10-6 or 11-5.

get into the playoffs, then hope for things to fall our way again.

Once you get in, the season doesn't matter.

I crossed my fingers and hoped we would not regret not giving Strahan 5 or 10 million guaranteed that he was looking for....and as you and i feared.....Tuck and Kiwi have been vulnerable to being contained. The misdirection plays are killing us as well.

I definitely got that feeling. It seemed before snaps the D was confused many times and running all over the field. Something was wrong as the whole D looked bad. Hopefully this isn't something that all other teams are also able to do.

This is a fine game to have your down game. It's not a divisional rival, so we're okay and since it's not even in the NFC, I'm finding a way to deal.

We were outplayed and some of the coaching choices baffled me. It's a humbling game, so now we get to saddle back up and try and earn our stripes.

I think this is exactly what happens when you play weak teams for a while. We need better teams to sharpen up against. We're still going to win many games; we're still going to the playoffs; and it won't be easy. We need better overall play and I'm almost not surprised that we looked beyond the Browns...I half expected it. We won't make that mistake again.

This is our Vikings game of the season, unless the last game of this season is like that too. Don't sound the alarms but stay vigilant.

Im not overly concerned, its still very ealry and they were bound to lay and egg sooner or later...all teams do, but I expect much, much better from this team. Last night was just embarassing. The Giants should have won that game by at least 25 points and thats without the 100 yards of penalties that they were handed.

We stunk (for us...kep that in mind) on all three phases but if you think about it we were only 2-3 plays away from winning that game. The mistakes were the huge, game-changing variety. The offense was moving the ball at will and just failed to finish thanks to Eli's brain-farts. Turn two of those INTs into TDs like they should have been and it's a 21 point shift.

We stunk (for us...kep that in mind) on all three phases but if you think about it we were only 2-3 plays away from winning that game. The mistakes were the huge, game-changing variety. The offense was moving the ball at will and just failed to finish thanks to Eli's brain-farts. Turn two of those INTs into TDs like they should have been and it's a 21 point shift.

i see it the same way! it was a closer game than the end total.

the giants were in the game all the way but turnovers kill you

and as a whole from coaching to player the giants didnt look

sharp. They were missing that flow. The defense and Eli's

mistakes were the end game to last nights loss.

thats true, but the defense couldnt stop Cleveland at all, in any way. the defense made Derek Anderson look like Dan Montana (yeah a combination of Dan Marino and Joe Montana) last night.......even with all Clevelands penalties on offense. They must have snapped the ball 150 times last night...and Im not being facetious when I say that

that's true, but the defense couldn't stop Cleveland at all, in any way. the defense made Derek Anderson look like Dan Montana (yeah a combination of Dan Marino and Joe Montana) last night.......even with all Cleveland's penalties on offense. They must have snapped the ball 150 times last night...and I'm not being facetious when I say that

That had to be the worst part of it. By the end of the 3rd quarter when the announcers kept joking how bad the penalties were I kept thinking it didn't matter. The Browns could have had 1st and 50 and they would have still gotten a first down. It was a joke how they just moved up and down the field.

4-1, sure. But remember, we haven't beaten anyone meaningful, and got our asses handed to us by a 1-3 team. We're doomed.

We beat Wash, and its the NFL. Anyones capable of beating anyone anytime. We have targets on our chest. Most teams, esp ones that have been losing, are gonna kick it up a notch vs. us. We gotta kick it back into gear and take this as a learning lesson. The season's not doomed rik. Your BBQ grill is though. :ph34r:

Yeah... two red-zone turnovers fucking killed us. As long as we can play with less mistakes we have a championship-caliber team. I really thought we were still gonna win it till Eli threw that pick-6.

Good though. Hopefully the doubters start to doubt again and the team gets pissed. So far this week, I've heard "dynasty" "best QB in the league" "NFL's best team" and "Giants" in the same sentence. We suck when the Giants believe their own hype... always have.

I definitely got that feeling. It seemed before snaps the D was confused many times and running all over the field. Something was wrong as the whole D looked bad. Hopefully this isn't something that all other teams are also able to do.

I think maybe they should move Tuck around some more; back when LT was drawing double and triples with a back to chip him....the coaching staff started to move him around so as to confuse the blocking schemes. I think Tuck is the full package....whereas Kiwi is still learning and only has a first move. Guys like Strahan had a first, second and sometimes third move and were experienced enough to stay home against the cutbacks. We shall see how it goes.

Aaron Ross freaking terrible, our secondary was a big concern last year and i wish we put more emphasis on it in the offseason, yeah they played "well" in the playoffs but our pass rush covered up the flaws in the secondary can't tell me everybody wasn't holding their breath every time Romo threw downfield in the divisional playoff. Ok we draft Kenny Phillips who looks like the next coming of Roy Williams (not the good one) in Dallas. Should of given Atlanta 82 draft picks for D. Hall. Our front four was beat cause our secondary could not get them off the field, instead letting a very average Cleveland team get 55 play drives. Need a corner we our fucked screwed bent over backwards any which way, now we have to stop Williams and T.O in Dallas don't care whos throwing them the ball we made a average QB like Derek Anderson look like Joe Montana last night.