SportsWrath

Carney ^ Tynes

Lughead

It is inevitable that Carney is going to be let go. Will he kick tonight even though Tynes is ready to go?

I am not sure. I checked tonight's weather forecast for Cleveland

Forecast

Looks like it will be a nice night for a football game

Now lets go back to pre-season Tynes gets hurt but the Giants need to keep him

the need another kicker but have no room on the roster. They then put Tyree on the PUP

and free up a spot for Carney. now Tyree needs to be activated by Tuesday or he has to

"done" for the year. So I feel that Tom will go with Carney 1 more time and make the switch

on Tuesday .

I hope Tynes comes out and misses three FGs, but we win the game.

Then we can just stick with Carney and have an excuse to get rid of Tynes.

I have Carney and Plax on my team and I am down by 24

my opposition has Toomer

so naturally I want Carney to kick Also I feel better when he is getting the nod, it's like wearing a old comfortable pair of slippers

I have Carney and Plax on my team and I am down by 24

my opposition has Toomer

so naturally I want Carney to kick Also I feel better when he is getting the nod, it's like wearing a old comfortable pair of slippers

I predicted last night Plax is going to have a huge night tonight. Beat up Browns secondary, and last time he was suspended for a quarter the next game he put up 200 yards.

I predicted last night Plax is going to have a huge night tonight. Beat up Browns secondary, and last time he was suspended for a quarter the next game he put up 200 yards.

I hope he does. I'm down by 44 in my league and I have Eli and Plax.

I've come to appreciate Carney's kickoffs. They're not long but they go to the same spot every time and the coverage converges there.

Word on the street is he gets the Nod for the last time tonight :cwy:

blog_header_vacchiano.jpg

October 15, 2008

Tynes is alive and kickin'

The Lawrence Tynes Era has begun. Again.

The Giants' incumbent kicker, who has been out all season with an injured knee in his plant (left) leg, said today that he will be the Giants' kicker this Sunday against the San Francisco 49ers. He said he's known that since last week when the deicision was made and the plan of succession was put in place.

"I feel great," Tynes said today. "And anxious."

That, of course, means that 44-year-old John Carney, who has made all 12 of his field goals and all of his extra points in his five-game stint with the Giants, is out. No official announcement has been made by the Giants, but he's not expected to be released until after this Sunday's game. The Giants want to make sure that Tynes' leg comes through OK.

Tynes has no doubts. He said he's been practicing fully for the last three weeks and going through his usual, full pre-game warm-up routine. He said he no longer is experiencing the pain and swelling that he was last month.

"I'm just looking forward to it," he said. "I learned quite a bit and learned how much I really enjoyed this game from sitting on the sidelines all this time."

By Ralph Vacchiano on October 15, 2008 6:49 PM

He must know the name and address of TC's love child or something. :huh:

Coughlin is doing a double take on Tynes' statement. He said how does Tynes know who will be kicking? I don't even know yet.

Tynes to kick? That's news to Giants' Coughlin

BY TOM ROCK | October 17, 2008 Tom Coughlin was asked where Lawrence Tynes would have gotten the idea that he will be kicking in Sunday's game.

"I have no idea," the coach said yesterday, a day after Tynes told reporters he was about to return from a knee injury that has sidelined him since training camp.

In a statement released yesterday morning, Coughlin said he has not decided who will kick Sunday - Tynes or John Carney - and that as in past weeks, he would not decide until the end of the week.

Neither Tynes nor Carney was available for comment yesterday.

This guy (Josh Alper) basically calls Tynes a pedophilia :brooding:

Lawrence Tynes Tries a Tony Romo Impression and Falls Flat

Josh Alper Posted Oct 17th 2008 3:30PM by Josh Alper (author feed)

Filed under: Giants, NFC East

Everyone assumed that a broken pinky was going to keep Tony Romo from playing St. Louis this weekend. They assumed it right up until Romo himself said that he was well enough to play and would, in fact, be playing if the decision was his to make. The NFL has long been a copycat league so it isn't surprising that another player tried to pull the same routine.

Lawrence Tynes, kicker for the Giants, has been recovering from knee surgery since preseason. John Carney has taken his place and made all 12 of his field goal tries, making it hard to assume that Tynes will just get the job back the moment he's healthy. Tynes, in an attempt to make an end run around that little problem, told reporters this week that he was told he was going to be doing the kicking this weekend.

Someone may have told him, but it wasn't head coach Tom Coughlin.

"While I appreciate Lawrence's enthusiasm to get back on the field, I haven't decided yet who will kick this week. When I do, I will make that announcement."

Coughlin used to work for Bill Parcells which means he probably considers kickers somewhere around pedophiles on the evolutionary ladder. Going over his head is not likely to enamor him with Tynes until Carney screws up so royally that they have to make a change.

Tynes went over Coughlin's head in Green Bay and kicked us into the Superbowl

How is Tynes trying to "play" Romo?