SportsWrath

Arrington Update

parlintm

Last I heard Miami and Jacksonville were the leading contenders to sign Arrington. I cna't envision a scenario where Lavar signs for chump change, especially after what Peterson got. That being the case, we should polite excuse ourselves from the race. I'm OK with the Lavar experiment if it's not expensive but I don't see a method where we can avoid that now. Take a pass. Pray that Ernie Simms falls to us.

exactly !! risk vs reward

patience will payoff. arrington is looking for his last big contract!

PASS !!!!

I think he just said that as a cover up so everyone wouldn't know that he's truely a greedy bastard. :furious:

Eh, I'm not so sure. Yeah, he's looking for a sizable payday (just like every other FA out there), there's no doubt, but I definitely think that he would like that shot to go against his old team twice a year. There's no way I think he's getting JP money, just don't see it with the attitude he had in Wash. Of course, I think that was an issue he had with that organization. 1 problem with 1 organization doesn't really prove to be a track record. Could very well be an isolated thing. But I'm sure that there are ways to build those types of things into contracts.

Eh, I'm not so sure. Yeah, he's looking for a sizable payday (just like every other FA out there), there's no doubt, but I definitely think that he would like that shot to go against his old team twice a year. There's no way I think he's getting JP money, just don't see it with the attitude he had in Wash. Of course, I think that was an issue he had with that organization. 1 problem with 1 organization doesn't really prove to be a track record. Could very well be an isolated thing. But I'm sure that there are ways to build those types of things into contracts.

He's used to being on a team that overpays for players while the Giants organization doesn't budge that easily. Maybe he'll come crawling back but if we do take him we better not pay an arm and a leg for him.

He's used to being on a team that overpays for players while the Giants organization doesn't budge that easily. Maybe he'll come crawling back but if we do take him we better not pay an arm and a leg for him.

I don't want to overpay for him either, but there is always a deal that suits both parties and I think that it's worth working through to get the guy.

Guest Lockhart

The Postons will find some dope to pay him, but it won't be the Giants - look for EA to sign a DT any time now.

Guest Nutty Sack
The Postons will find some dope to pay him, but it won't be the Giants - look for EA to sign a DT any time now.

Waiting for Ernie to sign a DT which should have been his first move is like me waiting for Jessica Simpson to call me to go out to dinner. This guy has his head in the clouds !!