SportsWrath

Arrington Update

parlintm

I'm not sure how valid this source is -- im just the messenger. Interesting info though, sounds like we're going to sign him soon:

http://nygiants.mostvaluablenetwork.com/

"Around and around we go, where we’ll stop nobody knows.

Lavar Arrington was scheduled to meet with the Cincinnati Bengals today, but plans fell through according to Bengals.com.

“LaVar and I got our wires crossed,” Poston said Thursday. “He has been making visits and been on the road a lot. I still think it’s a visit that could happen at some point.”

I’ve been told (but cannot confirm) that Arrington was in fact in New York yesterday, once again meeting with the Giants. I’ve also been told the Giants have raised their initial offer to Arrington but was not given exact money figures. (I didn’t think this would happen, but would not be surprised at the same time.)

One of the other teams expected to make a run for Arrington was the Miami Dolphins. But according to Miami.com the Dolphins will not be able to match Arrington’s price tag, and are unlikely to sign him.

Finally, it looks like the Giants are waiting for a resolution to this Arrington fiasco before they make any future free agent moves. It appears as if they are holding off on other free agents so that they are sure they can afford Arrington."

See, why can't giants.com be a site for some rumors that are going on? I know when I look for an update with the off-season that I should go on the message boards instead of the site, which is pretty sad when you think about it.

I think with Julian Peterson getting a $54 million, seven years contract that includes $18.5 million guaranteed, LaVar Arrington is going to be expecting that kind of money. There is no way Ernie Accorsi shells out that much cash.

I think with Julian Peterson getting a $54 million, seven years contract that includes $18.5 million guaranteed, LaVar Arrington is going to be expecting that kind of money. There is no way Ernie Accorsi shells out that much cash.

EA wont give him that type of money, but I dont think anyone else will either. Given his injuries and other problems teams will be reluctant to shell out the big bucks.

You may recall a thread I started earlier this offseason before Madison even hit the market entitled "What Accorsi will actually do." In that thread I predicted that EA would sign Law because he wants to go out big in his last year and give the Giants the best opportunity to win THIS year. I was incorrect about the player he would get (Madison hadnt even been cut yet so im giving myself some slack) but the general principle was correct. EA went above and beyond with the other 2 DB signings. I think that if the opportunity is there for EA to snag Lavar at a reasonable price (reasonable is relative and for a GM making his last FA signing I think he might stretch it a bit) he will definitely do it. Someones going to have to overpay for Arrington because I dont see EA letting him go w/o putting up a fight.

exactly !! and can you blame him !! what good is a great set of LB's

if you cant put together the right DT's?

gaping holes thru the line of scrimage!!

Not signing him is wise at this point!

Feeling redundant?? <_<

lets puts this to bed !

i am not and advocate of the FAB 4 or who ever the hell

they are and there negativity !!!

I am a 40 year giants fan that has watched 550 + giants games and this thread is about

lavar arrington and his possibility of becoming a giant ! Right??

SOOOO with that said I cant see spending that type of money like peterson got

on HIM!!! ALso i said that that type of money could go else where like fixing

a mediocre DT core!! In the context of talking Arrington we are speaking of the

GIants Defense and improving upon it !! So what seems to be your problem

or challenge with my concern for the DT position! IT ALL TIES IN!!!!!!

WHen there is a problem you stay with it until its fixed !!

You call it redundant and I call it being consistant !!!!

I'm sorry if I offended you ! well not really!!! :flex:

lets puts this to bed !

i am not and advocate of the FAB 4 or who ever the hell

they are and there negativity !!!

I am a 40 year giants fan that has watched 550 + giants games and this thread is about

lavar arrington and his possibility of becoming a giant ! Right??

SOOOO with that said I cant see spending that type of money like peterson got

on HIM!!! ALso i said that that type of money could go else where like fixing

a mediocre DT core!! In the context of talking Arrington we are speaking of the

GIants Defense and improving upon it !! So what seems to be your problem

or challenge with my concern for the DT position! IT ALL TIES IN!!!!!!

WHen there is a problem you stay with it until its fixed !!

You call it redundant and I call it being consistant !!!!

I'm sorry if I offended you ! well not really!!! :flex:

No offence taken and I for one do not care that you are a Giants fan of 40 years. That doesn't make you any better than me, just older. You say we have a problem at DT and I do agree we need help in the area but please offer solutions instead of reiterating the "problem". Give us draft proposals, thoughts on FA, or anything please.

Guest Floyd The Barber

good...i hope this guy stays as far away from the NYG's as possible...for all im concerned he and Key. John. can take a long walk off a short peer...

both are over hyped lound mouths who march to the beat of there own drum that would be further detremential to the so-called devolpment of our prescious franchise QB...

we made an offer, only a fool would sweeten the pot for a couple of thugs...

good...i hope this guy stays as far away from the NYG's as possible...for all im concerned he and Key. John. can take a long walk off a short peer...

both are over hyped lound mouths who march to the beat of there own drum that would be further detremential to the so-called devolpment of our prescious franchise QB...

we made an offer, only a fool would sweeten the pot for a couple of thugs...

Let's say we do sign a DT (which I'm very sure we will) and shore up our interior defensive line. Do you feel that there are better options at OLB that we can address through FA or would you prefer to draft a Linebacker?

Guest Floyd The Barber
Let's say we do sign a DT (which I'm very sure we will) and shore up our interior defensive line. Do you feel that there are better options at OLB that we can address through FA or would you prefer to draft a Linebacker?

we would be better to address the LB position through the draft, as well as adding DT in th draft...its time to begin thinking long term...the band-aid approach does not work, it hasnt in several years...look at the revolving doors we have had a DT and LB during those time frames

Guest Nutty Sack

Arrington is making a fool of Ernie as did Plax last year.....God forbid he signs him he will be burned with another thug minded malcontent. It doesn't take a genious to identify these types......you believe a Joe Gibbs and Greg Williams are going to let someone of value leave their defense. Wake up people.

Listen up and let me say something loud and clear !! Sign Adams and Grady to fill the DT spots and then draft.........defense.......defense..defense....take a break........more defense.

It's so simple. Am I missing something ????????????

See, why can't giants.com be a site for some rumors that are going on? I know when I look for an update with the off-season that I should go on the message boards instead of the site, which is pretty sad when you think about it.

Because that's not the way our organization is run.

Arrington is making a fool of Ernie as did Plax last year.....God forbid he signs him he will be burned with another thug minded malcontent. It doesn't take a genious to identify these types......you believe a Joe Gibbs and Greg Williams are going to let someone of value leave their defense. Wake up people.

Listen up and let me say something loud and clear !! Sign Adams and Grady to fill the DT spots and then draft.........defense.......defense..defense....take a break........more defense.

Yes, you're missing everything you fucking cum stain.

Guest Floyd The Barber

its a simple formula for success...defense...defense...defense...then some more defense...go fill out your brackets you birkenstock wearing pussy...

Guest Nutty Sack

Very intelligent response.....does mommy know you speak like that ??

Guest Nutty Sack

Figures this deranged low life has a terrorist wearing a SHockey jersey in his signature. :clap:

EA wont give him that type of money, but I dont think anyone else will either. Given his injuries and other problems teams will be reluctant to shell out the big bucks.

Don't forget that Julian Peterson has his own injury concerns, but got good money

I think he signs with the Giants over any team that will only pay him a little more...Arrington wants to play with the Giants, who he thinks has a chance to go far, next to Antonio Pierce

Guest nosebleed

You are missing something Nuttycumstain, Ernie is trying to find weapons for his pencil neck quarterback, trying to compensate for his shortcomings, meanwhile, they have no DT and beside Pierce, they have an unproven Torbor and a dude with a metal leg.

I think he signs with the Giants over any team that will only pay him a little more...Arrington wants to play with the Giants, who he thinks has a chance to go far, next to Antonio Pierce

And let's not forget the fact that he's stated openly he'd prefer to stay in the NFC East.

Last I heard Miami and Jacksonville were the leading contenders to sign Arrington. I can't envision a scenario where Lavar signs for chump change, especially after what Peterson got. That being the case, we should politely excuse ourselves from the race. I'm OK with the Lavar experiment if it's not expensive but I don't see a method where we can avoid that now. Take a pass. Pray that Ernie Simms falls to us.

Edited by HOUND