SportsWrath

Giants restructuring Eli's contract to keep him a Giant for life???

Guest StrahansGap

Guest StrahansGap

Not a real shocker here but I thought I would post it anyway.

Found this on rotoworld.com:

"According to the Bergen Record, the Giants are working on a contract extension for Eli Manning that would surpass the seven-year, $99.2 million deal given to his brother Peyton.

Peyton's deal also included a $34.5 million signing bonus. Eli is under contract until 2009, but rumors are the Giants want a deal done by the end of the season. The newspaper says "Eli Manning will be a Giant for life." Oct. 9 - 9:09 am et"

Source: Bergen Record

Yeah I read this rumor a couple of days ago but didn't post it. With the way Eli has been playing of late he deserves it. Certainly can't say he is the kind of guy who will stop producing because he was paid, so why not lock him up?

You gotta give Eli credit though he bitched and moaned about SD and knew where he would be going. He knew the environment he was demanding. And he has held up against all the criticism we NY fans give. As much as the media gives TC credit for the teams attitude, the team first attitude, when your franchise QB has a "aww shucks oh well" attitude that kind of identity is what has made the team work.

The guy deserve's it, the simple fact that he openly chose the Giants means he has a high probability of being a Giant for life. Give the man his money he got us the Championship even though he faced what some were calling the greatest team in NFL history.

I dont think Rivers would of been able to take the criticism that NY throws at it's players.

Eli has just the perfect attitude to deal with the media, Rivers would of fucked up and said something stupid by now.

Thats what Im thinking. Eli was the perfect fit for NY, we just didnt know it until went through it. Im elated they want to lock him up.

I dont think Rivers would of been able to take the criticism that NY throws at it's players.

Eli has just the perfect attitude to deal with the media, Rivers would of fucked up and said something stupid by now.

I am not a Rivers Fan or anything. We will never know if Rivers could of taken the New york Criticism

But Leinart and Quinn were not in the draft that Eli and Rivers (2004)were.

Leinart 2006 and Quinn 2007

Looking at Eli's And Philips' STATS ,So far for this year they look close, pretty much a wash .Give Rivers some Receivers and tighten up on the O-Line and he may be even better than where he is right now. maybe SD would be Undefeated so far this year as well.

Anyway the Eli /Rivers situation It is what it is now wich is good for us.

Although if SD never went through with the trade would we of been way worse off than we are now ?

with all this being said ,actually I do not know Rivers state of mind(I am sure he feels confident) and mannerisms .